Forums Split Partners Wanted South Lake Tahoe – 4/9 – where’s my mind… Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total) Author Posts April 5, 2005 at 9:42 pm #566619 SteveP 93 Posts Hey Folks – Figured I’d get this out there early ‘case anyone is already making plans. I’m thinking of trying some place in South Lake on Saturday. I was thinking Pyramid Peak but I’ll totally open – I haven’t been south of the lake yet. I’ve got all the gear, peeper included, but limited experience (‘cept for the boarding part). Thanks to some great advice (especially from Matt), had a good trip last weekend at Mt. Rose with ChisI and another friend. We did get some pow – Just like Matt said 😀 Want to get out again before all that snow melts! If you’re interested or can offer some advice. If anyone is interested or has some timely advice on the area, please chime in. Cheers. Steve April 5, 2005 at 10:30 pm #581425 Matt 77 Posts SLT Corn Beta: The SE face coming down from Cup Lake next to Ralston has good coverage and softens up early (assuming it’s sunny). This is a straightfoward 2000′ vertical that drops right back down to the car. Park just west of the Sierra-at-Tahoe turn-off. There’s some steep stuff just above Cup Lake. Watch out for the HUGE cornices – maybe the biggest I’ve ever seen. Pyramid may have similar conditions, but I don’t know. Coverage down low may be going away there. Snow melting?!? Puh-lease. I’ve ridden off Carson Pass in June on bad years, so I bet we have 3 months to go this year, and even more down south. 😉 April 5, 2005 at 10:44 pm #581426 SteveP 93 Posts Thanks Matt – Appreciate the Beta – again. As a new splitter, I’m sure I’m just paranoid about missing out. I’ve never EVER boarded in May or June. Picked a good season to start splitting I guess… Steve April 6, 2005 at 5:56 pm #581427 ChrisI 48 Posts I’m in, but im a bit worried about the forecast.. Snow Thurs/Fri/Sat… Who wants to start planning ‘boardin trips for August? There might just be enough snow this season.. 😈 -C April 7, 2005 at 4:28 am #581428 dibiase 46 Posts Should be more worried about rain (eek!) A bank sign in Jackson read 74 this afternoon. Warmest day of riding this season for me. April 7, 2005 at 2:27 pm #581429 SteveP 93 Posts Ahhh – but check out the forecast now from NOAA 😯 It’s getting cold…. Friday: Showers likely. Locally windy. Highs 27 to 40 higher elevations…41 to 50 lower elevations. Snow accumulation up to 3 inches. Snow level 4500 feet. Friday night…mostly cloudy with chance of showers. Lows 13 to 21 higher elevations…22 to 30 lower elevations. Snow level 4000 feet. ..partly cloudy on Saturday 😀 April 7, 2005 at 4:42 pm #581430 dibiase 46 Posts I know, and now the snowforecast.com prediction for kirkwood is 2 feet by saturday morn! Good thing I signed up for traffic school all day Saturday 😡 April 7, 2005 at 7:25 pm #581431 jimw 1421 Posts Might be up for a meeting of the Santa Cruz chapter of splitboard.com this weekend… 🙂 I’m thinking Tallac on Sunday but plans are still up in the air. April 7, 2005 at 7:55 pm #581432 ChrisI 48 Posts We’ve been throwin’ around Pyramid and Ralston to maximize vertical on Sat. I’ve been droolin over Tallac lately, too. Anything specific you wanted to run on it? 😈 April 7, 2005 at 11:34 pm #581433 jimw 1421 Posts Babycham and the Cross are on the list of possibilities, among others… April 8, 2005 at 1:07 am #581434 dibiase 46 Posts Tallac would be fun on sunday… If you guys want to drag along my snowshoeing ass. April 8, 2005 at 5:18 am #581435 SteveP 93 Posts Oh Man – I would have to see about getting a hall pass on Sunday. I know dibiase is in “school” on Saturday. Jim – you already got plans on Saturday? Steve April 8, 2005 at 6:13 am #581436 jimw 1421 Posts I was planning on being a lamer and driving up “early” Sat, and doing a half day at Sugarbowl. Because I have some 1/2 off passes I need to use, and from the weather reports it sounded like it was going to be snowing today through Sat morning, so I thought bc might be a little sketchy. Then spend the night in Truckee and get down to Tallac early Sun. April 8, 2005 at 10:39 pm #581437 SteveP 93 Posts Jim and dibiase – Chris and I are going to stick with the Pyramid on Saturday plan. If anyone else is interested, shoot me an e-mail soon. We’ll trade some TR’s afterwards. Looks like the storm is blowing thru right on time 😀 Cheers and Be Safe! Steve Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total) You must be logged in to reply to this topic.