Forums Split Partners Wanted S-bag this weekend? Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total) Author Posts June 26, 2008 at 4:54 pm #570194 bcrider 4149 Posts Anyone interested? Anyone have a boat? 🙂 June 26, 2008 at 7:41 pm #606623 knucklesplitter 340 Posts The Resort actually responded to an email I sent last week. He says they are trying to be open this weekend. Whether that means the boat’s running or not – I’m not sure. June 26, 2008 at 9:50 pm #606624 Ecobrad 2068 Posts Remember how delayed they we were on the ferry’s opening day a few years ago. If I remember right you ended up only getting one run. June 26, 2008 at 11:03 pm #606625 knucklesplitter 340 Posts Yah, but that was because I had to be home for some family thing at like 5pm (after a 3-hr drive). June 27, 2008 at 5:51 pm #606626 jimw 1421 Posts Just made last-minute plans to head out there w/Buffy and Dave. It’s not clear if the boat taxi will be running or not. As of a couple days ago, what I heard was it was “supposed” to be up by the weekend. Today, I just got this: Dogs are allowed for a small fee. Also, I haven’t talked with the owners in two days so I am not sure when the will start running. They are really close to opening up. We’re just going to head out for a mellow day trip and probably just hit some stuff right near Greenstone. Buffy is on injured reserve, so she’s not allowed to carry her snowboard, or fall! 🙂 June 27, 2008 at 7:05 pm #606627 bcrider 4149 Posts Awesome. What day jimw? Any chance of carpool? Also, Greenstone may not be too much of an option this time of year. Prolly better off getting to the snowfinger area. It would also be cool to try and get the north peak coolers. June 27, 2008 at 7:58 pm #606628 jimw 1421 Posts We’re probably heading over there tomorrow AM, but we’re going to car camp down at Mammoth RV park Sat night, and Sun we’ll probably just do some hiking or check out Bodie or something, so I dunno if the carpool situation would work out. I know snow finger etc will have better snow, but we’ll probably stick to Greenstone for a few reasons: – Buffy is on injured reserve and will be hiking, and I’ll be carrying her stuff. Both reasons to not go very far. 🙂 – Dogs are allowed in the NF, but not Hall research area. Hall doesn’t include the stuff around Greenstone, but does include pretty much everything past the cliff and up to Conness. So if we stick to Greenstone the dogs can go. – The pics in the TR on ttips from a few days ago didn’t look too horrible around Greenstone… I guess we’ll just see how it goes. You should totally hit up North Peak though! 🙂 Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total) You must be logged in to reply to this topic.