Forums Split Partners Wanted Puget Sound Splitting Thread 08 Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 197 total) 1 2 3 … 8 9 10 →Author Posts January 27, 2008 at 5:51 am #569636 jack 323 PostsI figured i would start a Western WA splitting thread, because it seems like there is a new WA thread started every day around here. 😀FYI, i mostly tour on weekends, but usually don’t decide what i am doing until Friday due to weather. I can ride most Mondays and Wednesdays but need to be back in town by 3 pm so i usually shred resort gnar. dawn patrols could work though. ok, WA splitters, update your plans here….. :thatrocks: :thatrocks: :thatrocks: :thatrocks: January 27, 2008 at 9:04 am #602640 ale_capone 864 PostsTomorrow I plan on sleeping in since I just got off of work and haven’t been getting nearly enough sleep anyways. I’ll probably head up to Steven’s ass and try to get at least a short tour and then do some night riding. Anybody going to be in that area?Other then that, at the moment I am available for early friday afternoon thru monday afternoon every week.Am definatly getting out somewhere early this coming Monday. Any interested parties? Thinking somewhre nearby since I have to be to work at 6 pm. February 4, 2008 at 12:31 am #602641 Mumbles 753 PostsAnyone up for Feb 6, 7 or 8? I have loaded days on the 4th and 5th and have to be back by 6pm for some evening presentations on both 6 and 7 but that leaves a lot of daylight for some snow. Normally I’m not free to hit the road until 6am after getting my girls ready for daycare and out the door with mom as she leaves for work. Thanks. February 5, 2008 at 4:13 pm #602642 Tophervw 203 PostsWhat are PNW folks tour plans this weekend..Anybody out there have brilliant high danger spots just waiting to be exploited? February 5, 2008 at 8:37 pm #602643 jack 323 Postsi will be at baker inbounds tomorrow morning if anyone is interested…. February 7, 2008 at 1:06 am #602644 jack 323 Postsit was sick today. that is all….. February 7, 2008 at 1:26 am #602645 Mumbles 753 PostsMy loss today jack, I was unable to shake a couple of last minute commitments. I still hope to ride Crystal tomorrow unless there is someone going on a split adventure that has room for me. If not splitting I will ride inbounds.More of the white gold is predicted for tonight…let’s keep that as the status quo that we can all shred to. February 7, 2008 at 7:10 am #602646 Mumbles 753 PostsCrystal on Thursday? I’m headed that way if the roads cooperate. I plan on riding inbounds due to the heavy winds and snowfall that has already been recieved and should continue until tomorrow.If all goes well I should be able to depart my house at 6am, drop off the daycare darlings and then get on the road to the snow. If you don’t want to ride alone, call me (360)981-2948I am also strongly considering riding on Friday. Hurricane Ridge if the gate is open, or other areas you convince me are safe and worthy of the trip. February 8, 2008 at 8:15 am #602647 Mumbles 753 PostsFriday? Crystal should open the top section after a full day of avy control and being closed on top means no one was touching the snow. I have my crap packed for an inbounds day…anyone else have nothing better do to? February 8, 2008 at 8:30 am #602648 jack 323 Postsno dice on fridays for me. any of you guys coming up to baker for the BS this weekend? February 8, 2008 at 3:46 pm #602649 Tophervw 203 PostsWill lift lines be gnarly..or light do to the LBS? are you racing? February 8, 2008 at 8:54 pm #602650 jack 323 Postsusually its the typical weekend size crowd. i think i will check it out tomorrow just because the BC is suicide right now.nah, i am not racing, didnt get my ass into the business office before the locals qualy filled up. continuing my streak of 15 years at baker and never raced in the BS…..one of these days…… February 9, 2008 at 12:31 am #602651 Mumbles 753 PostsIs it too early to inquire about next week? I’m reviewing my schedule and have a bunch of evening work, which could make some days quite possible. I will be running daddy daycare all weekend (today included, which derailed my plans to ride inbounds at Crystal) so I will be itching to get out. If the AVY risk remains ridiculous I’m up for anything safe, even if it is not the most spectacular of trips or a routine day inbounds. February 9, 2008 at 12:59 am #602652 jack 323 Postsbaker closed tomorrow…..dammit! no snow for me….. February 9, 2008 at 3:20 am #602653 Tophervw 203 PostsWhaaaaaaat! thats nutty….that kills all the elevation access in the state pretty much then… February 9, 2008 at 3:30 am #602654 jack 323 Postsyeah, hwy 2 and I-90 sound like they will be closed too.i am thinking about going up to cypress to live out my inner park rat, but it might rain up there…. February 9, 2008 at 3:31 am #602655 Mumbles 753 PostsAccording to the park report the road to Hurricane Ridge was closed today for snow removal. The forcast is only calling for 3″ of snow and the road is expected to open tomorrow. Now I have heard that before, but if it opens there is a easy access to some lines. Nothign as large as normally repored in TR’s but better than staying home. With ridges permitting access to slopes facing in all directions there is generally a safe place to play. The gate should open at 8:30 if on time, but that is always subject to change. The road information line # is 360 565-3131 if anyone wants to call. February 9, 2008 at 3:35 am #602656 jack 323 Posts @Mumbles wrote:….generally a safe place to play…well…the avy danger is rated at EXTREME tomorrow, but dont let that stop you i guess….. February 12, 2008 at 5:25 am #602657 Mumbles 753 PostsSorry for the late post, but I just got home from work. Planning on throwing my split and solid board gear into my truck for a trip to Crystal or the nearby area. Anyone interested? I’m planning on using Ecobrad’s recommended technique, good topo and a sense of adventure in lieu of someone to ride with. Just itching to get out.I’ll check here and PM before departing in the am…probably around 6am or so. February 12, 2008 at 7:00 am #602658 Ecobrad 2068 Posts @Mumbles wrote: I’m planning on using Ecobrad’s recommended technique, good topo and a sense of adventure in lieu of someone to ride with. Just itching to get out.Be safe especially if heading out solo. I hear the avy conditions are pretty high there right now. Do you have a less than 35* treed sure thing you can head to and feel comfortable solo? Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 197 total) 1 2 3 … 8 9 10 →You must be logged in to reply to this topic.