Forums Split Partners Wanted Just moved to Whistler, looking for splitboarders
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #578920
    Penzer
    13 Posts

    I just moved to Whistler and got my first splitboard (a Khyber with Magnetos) and I’m looking to meet some splitboarders.

    I’m 26, I ride 50+ days a year normally and more now that I’m living in Whistler. I consider myself an advanced/expert rider, charging double blacks with confidence, I love technical terrain, trees, steeps, small cliffs, anything featury and fun.

    I already have all my backcountry gear and level 2 Red Cross first aid certification. I’ll be getting my ast-1 certification at the start of the season but have been reading and learning about safety for a long time. I have some experience hiking slackcountry around Whistler and Revelstoke already. I’m looking for some friends to make safe progression into the backcountry with and have lot of fun. I’m mostly interested in getting to know the area surround the resort, including backcountry in Pemby and Squamish, but am up for some trips to the interior and Baker throughout the season.

    I’d love to meet up and grab some beers before the season starts, reply here or PM me if you want to meet up. First rounds on me!

    #669966
    MHolmes
    190 Posts

    Welcome :thumbsup:

    I live I’m Squamish and get out quite a lot. I’ve got a pass at Whistler and am going to have a sled this season so I can get my splitboard out even further. This is my 3rd season splitting, so I know a few spots around here but definitely only about 0.5%.

    I’m down to tour out of the resort anytime (it’s safe), and tour a lot in Squamish and the Duffey. Lets stay in touch and link up. I am heading to Prior this week sometime to get a new split made, maybe we can grab a beer when I’m up there.

    Cheers

    #669967
    Penzer
    13 Posts

    Thanks for the reply, I pmd you

    #669968
    joneseybones
    13 Posts

    Hey dudes, I’ll be spending my second season in Squampton myself, have a sled, and looking to get out splitting as much as possible. Have a fairly flexible schedule (lots of “sick days” 😆 ), so can get out mid-week.

    Would be happy to share contact info and meet up for a beer.

    Looks like we may even have some potential for early season conditions coming up pretty quick here!

    #669969
    Penzer
    13 Posts

    @joneseybones wrote:

    Hey dudes, I’ll be spending my second season in Squampton myself, have a sled, and looking to get out splitting as much as possible. Have a fairly flexible schedule (lots of “sick days” 😆 ), so can get out mid-week.

    Would be happy to share contact info and meet up for a beer.

    Looks like we may even have some potential for early season conditions coming up pretty quick here!

    I’ve had several PMs since posting here, starting to look like we all need to organize a pre season get together here!

    #669970
    MHolmes
    190 Posts

    Maybe not a bad idea :guinness:

    #669971
    whistlermaverick
    312 Posts

    @penzer wrote:

    @joneseybones wrote:

    Hey dudes, I’ll be spending my second season in Squampton myself, have a sled, and looking to get out splitting as much as possible. Have a fairly flexible schedule (lots of “sick days” 😆 ), so can get out mid-week.

    Would be happy to share contact info and meet up for a beer.

    Looks like we may even have some potential for early season conditions coming up pretty quick here!

    I’ve had several PMs since posting here, starting to look like we all need to organize a pre season get together here!

    Great idea, I’ve got more beer than I know what to do with so I can take care of that part of it.

    @j.memay

    #669972
    Penzer
    13 Posts

    @whistlermaverick wrote:

    @penzer wrote:

    @joneseybones wrote:

    Hey dudes, I’ll be spending my second season in Squampton myself, have a sled, and looking to get out splitting as much as possible. Have a fairly flexible schedule (lots of “sick days” 😆 ), so can get out mid-week.

    Would be happy to share contact info and meet up for a beer.

    Looks like we may even have some potential for early season conditions coming up pretty quick here!

    I’ve had several PMs since posting here, starting to look like we all need to organize a pre season get together here!

    Great idea, I’ve got more beer than I know what to do with so I can take care of that part of it.

    When do you guys all want to get together? I’ll volunteer to have us all over at my place since I started this thread, or we could go out, or I can drive to Squamish since most of you live there.

    #669973
    MHolmes
    190 Posts

    My schedule is pretty easy so I’ll be a follower. Whistler or here.

    #669974
    whistlermaverick
    312 Posts

    @Gormley Green wrote:

    My schedule is pretty easy so I’ll be a follower. Whistler or here.

    Diddo

    @j.memay

    #669975
    MHolmes
    190 Posts

    Soooo…? Beers? It’s almost shred time.

    #669976
    joneseybones
    13 Posts

    Happy to host at my house in Squamish (highlands) next week. How’s next Tuesday November 16th?

    #669977
    joneseybones
    13 Posts

    Or possibly this Wednesday?

    #669978
    whistlermaverick
    312 Posts

    wed works for me

    @j.memay

    #669979
    MHolmes
    190 Posts

    Nice. Next Tuesday works well for me but I think it’s the 19th.

    #669980
    Penzer
    13 Posts

    Tuesday or Wednesday this week or next work for me.

    #669981
    joneseybones
    13 Posts

    Sounds good. Let’s aim for next Tuesday evening (yup, it’s the 19th) for beers and grub. Can order some delivery or I’ll whip up a big thing of chilli if I have time.

    PM me for more details about address and phone number, etc. It’s a decent-sized house, so feel free to invite friends if you’re interested.

    #669982
    MHolmes
    190 Posts

    Thanks for hosting! :headbang:

    #669983
    Penzer
    13 Posts

    Sweet thanks for hosting, anyone pm me if you want a ride.

    #669984
    Jpds
    4 Posts

    Hi everyone! First post here and officially getting into split this year! rode slowshoes for the past couple years!

    Ill be in town Whistler(creekside) for about 2 weeks around Xmas! December 25th to the 8! and want to make it up also for Splitfest in January at Revy! I am bringing up my 2 boards for this trip and would definitely like to have people to ride with! Resort and split! Solo trip for me so meeting up with riders would be sick!

    Cheers,
    JP

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.