Forums Splitboards Jones/Venture side by side
Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #632548
    blunder
    28 Posts

    @ghaniman wrote:

    nice to see the comparison, one big difference seems to be the front foot inserts on the jones are a lot further forward than the storm..which makes me think it has a different flex pattern..the storm looks like it has a “longer nose” for more float and may flex/float more than the jones………also the nose clip on the jones is set further forward…..both boards look good ..27 deg c outside 5 weeks and no rain, la nina is in here in nz…..

    Yes, but the storm have a narrower stance overall compared to the jones. look at the back foot holes too and you will see that they are further from the tail than the jones.

    all in all the stance on the storm may be about 2 centimeters behind the jones.

    no comment on the flex, maybe darrick can do some handflexing for us?

    #632549
    SPLITRIPPIN
    709 Posts

    “This is snowboarding, not McCain versus Obama”

    I heard Obama rallies on a splitboard….. then rolls the FATTEST J’Z while cranking OPETH! :rock:

    It’s just what I heard

    #632550
    Snurfer
    1448 Posts

    Let me get this straight, so what yer say’n is the two boards are di-fernt? Huh… :scratch: 😉 😉

    Shark Snowsurf Chuna
    Voile V-Tail 170 BC
    Voile One Ninety Five
    Spark R&D Arc

    #632551
    BGnight
    1382 Posts

    Just say no to finger joints

    #632552
    russman
    692 Posts

    @Ecobrad wrote:

    @BGnight wrote:

    this thread is stupid cuz my winterstick is gonna rule over both these boards :mrgreen:

    You’re prolly right :thatrocks:

    Brooks,

    You MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST post porn of your Winterstick split or we are all going to come pig pile you….

    Hardcore! :rock:

    #632553
    rughty
    620 Posts

    @SPLITRIPPIN wrote:

    “This is snowboarding, not McCain versus Obama”

    I heard Obama rallies on a splitboard….. then rolls the FATTEST J’Z while cranking OPETH! :rock:

    It’s just what I heard

    Oh please. Both of those idiots wouldn’t know what to do with a splitboard, fat j’s or Opeth. Leave that to the pros (ie…us knuckle draggers) :thumpsup:

    #632554
    SPLITRIPPIN
    709 Posts

    @BGnight wrote:

    Just say no to finger joints

    And say yes to baby arms :doobie: , and pocket vaporizers. :thumpsup:

    #632555
    tiltedworld
    406 Posts

    @russman wrote:

    @Ecobrad wrote:

    @BGnight wrote:

    this thread is stupid cuz my winterstick is gonna rule over both these boards :mrgreen:

    You’re prolly right :thatrocks:

    Brooks,

    You MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST post porn of your Winterstick split or we are all going to come pig pile you….

    Hardcore! :rock:

    The cores are going in the presses on Friday, at least mine is. The level of service has been top notch :thumpsup:

    In a side note, I just scooped an old Snurfer on ebay for $30. Gonna look nice on the wall. I wonder aloud how long till a drunken pow evening has me riding it 😆

    #632556
    OCD
    52 Posts

    This review does not provide nearly enough information for a side by side comparison. You should include all the specs and materials too.

    Also, please report on the flex comparison, and how well it handles bouncing on your bed.

    #632557
    Ecobrad
    2068 Posts

    I took my own advice and converted from the Tunisian sensation to the Tellu ST ride. :rock: :disco:

    @Ecobrad wrote:

    @BGnight wrote:

    this thread is stupid cuz my winterstick is gonna rule over both these boards :mrgreen:

    You’re prolly right :thatrocks:

    #632558
    tiltedworld
    406 Posts

    @Ecobrad wrote:

    I took my own advice and converted from the Tunisian sensation to the Tellu ST ride. :rock: :disco:

    @Ecobrad wrote:

    @BGnight wrote:

    this thread is stupid cuz my winterstick is gonna rule over both these boards :mrgreen:

    You’re prolly right :thatrocks:

    :disco: :headbang: :rock:

    #632559
    powslash
    382 Posts

    OCD- strictest comedy. You are killing me dude.

    #632560
    sfdbenner
    9 Posts

    argghhh its killing me seeing these posts on all ya’lls boards arriving!!! Being cursed with not being abnormally short, and merely average 6’3″ 220 I opted for the larger 169, resulting in being last in line for boards… Lisa has been very patient with my weekly emails asking for updates, and says it should be on the way in a week, and thankfully sent out the sparks to slap on the ol voile.

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.