Forums TR Archive California Eastside 4.13.2008 Eastern Sierra – BPC
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    fullers2oh
    525 Posts

After the big day we had on sat we decided to dial it back a bit for sunday and go check out Big Pine Creek. I had been up there in the early season and saw lots of interesting lines. The one I picked out for Sunday was on the peak behind Kidd Mtn. This one was about 5kft of climbing and 4k of riding. We topped out a little over 12k. It was a nice short approach and good fun climb. Things really softened up nicely. The top was a bit firm and bumpy but there was over 3kft of nice smooth corn.

breakfast at 9000ft

looking north across the canyon. this peak has an amazing south facing line but its looking a bit burnt out now.

up top amazing views of the palisade crest. this is mt sill.

there were tracks on that snow field in the middle going up to the crest.
    looks like a sweet line.

schwalbster scrambling up the last part of the ridge

Henning making the top section look a lot better than it really was.

holding my finger on the trigger i got a bunch of shots off but they were all out of focus, guess every shot cant be good but sometimes i curse shooting all manual.

the lower section. overall there was some great corn it was nice and smooth, not too slushy.

i was amazed at the stability of the snowpack given the warming this past weekend. no sluffing or point releases anywhere.

spring is here….the lower canyon had lots of color

Mumbles
    753 Posts
    fullers2oh wrote:

Looking at the feet here it makes me think you are ascending bulletproof hardpack. I don’t think that there are even any footprints left. That had to be tough going.

liketoride
    263 Posts

Really impressive stuff all season, great pictures, incredible lines, nice work!

:thatrocks:

Splitboarding is the answer unless Splitbooting is the answer, either way we're going snowboarding because America!

TEX
    2486 Posts

Nice Chatting with you guys in lone pine Dave. Sweet looking snow on this one. Glad you got Henning up on the east side magic carpet ride ❗

tarkman1
    20 Posts

Slide Mountain

bcrider
    4150 Posts

Sweet stuff fullers! 8)

How does your buddy like his Burton Serows?

schwalbster
    321 Posts

Hey BC Rider,
    what are Burton Serows? I don’t think I have anything of that name?

After much research, experimentation and consideration, I have decided adulthood is not for me. Thank you for the opportunity.

schwalbster
    321 Posts

Here is another addition with some of my pictures from Sunday. I think Dave takes some very, very fine pictures but I figured he might like some riding pix of him, which are of course way worse than his of me, because I only have this old Canon Powershot 2MP (it was called Ixus in Germany!) and he is a way better photographer anyway!

Dave coming up the first steep part and yes is was pretty hard, but the crampons went right in!

We had a very long and nice peak break, were Dave broke out Lasagne 😆 that he couldn’t finish the night before!

Dave coming down the top part

and the lower part

Dave with the whole thing

And me hiking out on a Summer trail! It was sooooo hot down there!

After that we went to the little Hot Spring place in Big Pine for the some prehomedrive soak! Grabbed some food at Dave crazy little frenchplace, ate in front of Mt. Williams and raced home, with the consequence that I got stopped for speeding. Luckily the nice officer did let us go with a warning! YEEES! Good weekend!

After much research, experimentation and consideration, I have decided adulthood is not for me. Thank you for the opportunity.

Mumbles
    753 Posts

schwalbster, great TR update and great photos too. Looked like an awesome day to combine fun, sun and snow.

schwalbster
    321 Posts

Thanx Mumbles! Yes it was!!!!

steeleman
    61 Posts

dude, you’ve been slaying it consistently. way to get out there and post the pics for us all desk jockeys.

@fullers2oh wrote:

there were tracks on that snow field in the middle going up to the crest.
    looks like a sweet line.

This is a GREAT beta shot for Scimitar Pass. Pretty high at 13.5K’, but looks like a nice route to get to the back of sill.

bcrider
    4150 Posts

@schwalbster wrote:

Hey BC Rider,
    what are Burton Serows? I don’t think I have anything of that name?

Boots.

But looking at your pics it looks like you aren’t using them.

Nice work again on the trip!

dasteeps
    27 Posts

Wow. Double duty last weekend. I did the route in between the black and red lines in early January, so it’s interesting to see it now. The tight little chute lookers right of the bottom of that route (in the cliff ban section) is a fun ride also, as well as Slide Mt. when it connects through to the lower gully.

schwalbster
    321 Posts

Hey BC Rider,
    I figured! My boots are Salomon Solace and they are actually very cheap boots, but they just felt the best out of all the boots I tried on. I got em for under 100 bucks!

SanFrantastico
    1514 Posts

I love this shot!

Nice work guys, on both reports.

Putting the poo in swimming pool since 1968.

schwalbster
    321 Posts

Yeah I do to! Isn’t it cool how some of the snow is in focus!
    Fullers2oh is one hell of a photographer!
    And of course that guy in the picture in one hell of a rider! Just kidding 😆 !

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.