Forums Splitboard Talk Forum 2015 Gear Thread
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    HansGLudwig
    601 Posts

@Gormley Green wrote:

When can I have the heel lock? :thumpsup:

“Don’t call it a comeback” I been here for years!”

from. . .viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6843

Since then, Dynafit has come a long way. I bet with Low Tech Race/Radical or Speed Superlight/Radical heelpieces you won’t need to mount them asymmetrically. :thatrocks:
    Saving for my next setup. :headbang:

Be sure to bookmark Splitboard.com's Recent Activity page...
    http://splitboard.com/activity-2/

BGnight
    1382 Posts

@bcrider wrote:

I don’t get this :scratch:
    What’s going on with the crampon going into that hole and does it lock onto the climbing wires?? Why would you use it with the crampon attached? And it looks sorta weak imo. I’m guessing this just mounted on some sort of display platform which is why it’s confusing me.

wjb
    163 Posts

@bgnight wrote:

@bcrider wrote:

What’s going on with the crampon going into that hole and does it lock onto the climbing wires?? Why would you use it with the crampon attached? And it looks sorta weak imo. I’m guessing this just mounted on some sort of display platform which is why it’s confusing me.

I believe it is just shown that way for display purposes but you wouldn’t use the heel lock with the wires or the crampon. When the base plate sits flat on the ski the tabs twist to engage the rails that slide into the pucks

whistlermaverick
    312 Posts

Black Diamond JetForce demo

@j.memay

bcrider
    4149 Posts

BG, yep display.

WM, they need this video. 🙂

[youtube:35kqj907]Bt9zSfinwFA[/youtube:35kqj907]

rughty
    620 Posts

@wjb wrote:

@bgnight wrote:

@bcrider wrote:

When the base plate sits flat on the ski the tabs twist to engage the rails that slide into the pucks

I believe that the locking mechanism holds down the puck stop tabs and not the rail itself. It’s the only thing that makes sense as the lever throw is quite short to fully engage the rails. Somebody post a pic of a magneto base looking directly at the bottom of the binding please.

NorwegianDan
    109 Posts

http://siasnowshow.snowsports.org/Media/Digital-Press-Room/Digital-Press-Room-Detail/DigitalPressID/112

Spark R&D Dyno DH Splitboard Bindings – New for this season, the Dyno DH: Our first ever, hardboot specific splitboard binding! For years we have offered Dynafit toes and adapters for hardboot touring on the way up, the Dyno DH completes the package for the ride down.

cometogether
    385 Posts

better pics of the K heel risers/lockdown please

?? will that work with current split30 frames??

wjb
    163 Posts

@cometogether wrote:

better pics of the K heel risers/lockdown please

?? will that work with current split30 frames??

I have word from Bryce that they will work with the split30 platform. Not sure about the lock down function though

whistlermaverick
    312 Posts

@norwegiandan wrote:

http://siasnowshow.snowsports.org/Media/Digital-Press-Room/Digital-Press-Room-Detail/DigitalPressID/112

Spark R&D Dyno DH Splitboard Bindings – New for this season, the Dyno DH: Our first ever, hardboot specific splitboard binding! For years we have offered Dynafit toes and adapters for hardboot touring on the way up, the Dyno DH completes the package for the ride down.

2 yrs ago they would have had the market to themselves and everyone would be on these instead, better late than never

weight?

@j.memay

whistlermaverick
    312 Posts
    philip.ak
    679 Posts

That BD Jetforce demo was quite impressive. :bow:

C balke
    74 Posts

Here is the catalog as well
    http://issuu.com/zuzupopo/docs/deeluxe_1415_singles_en?e=1175889/6513273

Also saw that Gecko was at ISPO. Not sure what if any changes were made to the product.

Powder_Rider
    498 Posts

I am very excited about Spark R&D Dyno DH Splitboard Bindings – :bananas:

Now I just gotta convince the Wifey, we need 3 new pairs of binders. :nononno:

I wonder what innovations will be for Phantoms in 2014/2015???

PeRi
    110 Posts

Hey guys,
    after 4 days of working hard at the ISPO trade show I can finally be online!

Here’s a video of how the new Plum works:
    http://www.splitboardmag.com/ispo-14-plum-bindings-sytem-splitboard/

In my opinion, a great system, still a prototype, but super simple and fast and easy to switch from tour to ride.

Do not hesitate to ask me for more news if you feel like it!

www.splitboardmag.com

cometogether
    385 Posts

plum pretty much killed it with that binding design- heel lockdown, one lever mech, super simple and fast. I like that he mentioned they wanted to do everything with gloves on.. I’m still looking for the perfect glove that will do this. :nononno: :scratch: maybe its not the gloves..

Reindeer mtn
    64 Posts

@cometogether wrote:

plum pretty much killed it with that binding design- heel lockdown, one lever mech, super simple and fast. I like that he mentioned they wanted to do everything with gloves on.. I’m still looking for the perfect glove that will do this. :nononno: :scratch: maybe its not the gloves..

Seems very cool
    http://www.splitboardmag.com/ispo-14-plum-bindings-sytem-splitboard/
    Have everyone watched this?

Ecobrad
    2068 Posts

Cool to see a new system but the Burton system worked great at Trade Shows too. The true test is how it works with frozen snow crammed into the crevasses of the mechanism. Not saying it won’t work great on the mountain. I wish them luck.

philip.ak
    679 Posts

:bow: Plum :bow:

Wowzers. That system looks pretty amazing. If it works and doesn’t ice up (or break- the pieces look pretty wimpy), it could be the heir to the mothballed Spark Edison.

summersgone
    820 Posts

Thread drift

@cometogether wrote:

I’m still looking for the perfect glove that will do this. maybe its not the gloves..

I wear these all day generally, and keep on for all changeovers. Not cheap, but awesome for 95% of the time touring.
    http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/or-gear/gloves/mens-stormsensor-gloves.html

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 262 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.