Forums Splitboard Talk Forum 2015 Gear Thread
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    ieism
    298 Posts

@Jefe009 wrote:

@ieism wrote:

Also a new techbinding for ’15/16 from a very unlikely source, but I’m not allowed to reveal any more than that.

Oh nice, Atomic is bringing back the Poacher, but with proprietary tech bindings? Sickkkkk….. :clap:

Nah, its much, much cooler than that. It will be more like Koenigsegg building a snowmobile.

http://flatlandsplitfest.com/

patrick
    13 Posts

could be plum, ha?!

moridinbg
    151 Posts

They have been doing them for a while. A topic from Wild Snow from last May – http://www.wildsnow.com/9762/plum-ski-bindings-review/

Snowskip
    5 Posts

Salomon 3 pieces split. The center strip hinges in the middle and is packable.

chrisNZ
    304 Posts

Feels like a space race. Exciting times.

Snurfer
    1448 Posts

@Snowskip wrote:

I’m huge fan of Salomon (running gear), but this is a waste of their energy – if they are going for the ski vibe, why not shape the center part so each ski has matching sidecut profile on both edges :scratch:
    I do like the nose shape on the other board, if for no other reason than to add some f’n variety.

This isn’t a split and it’s already available for 2014, but this is the first little board I’ve seen that I would consider owning.
    [youtube:32uniix1]DyEmIuxiTG8[/youtube:32uniix1]

Shark Snowsurf Chuna
    Voile V-Tail 170 BC
    Voile One Ninety Five
    Spark R&D Arc

philip.ak
    679 Posts

Salomon seriously put the touring inserts so far back that you can’t mount a rear binding??? WTF :nononno:

KennyG
    63 Posts

Few things I noticed about the Salomon, Looks like it might not be compatible with any non puck bindings. Also what are the grey things between the touring brackets and the heal risers.

Powder_Rider
    498 Posts

Found this over on WildSnow.com …

Dynafit-Gignoux New rando boot and binding for 2014/2015

Wonder if Barrows is going to try and modify this boot??? :thumpsup:

Seriously, I would like the “pin-tech” binding shown in the first image.

bcrider
    4150 Posts

@KennyGPorters wrote:

Few things I noticed about the Salomon, Looks like it might not be compatible with any non puck bindings. Also what are the grey things between the touring brackets and the heal risers.

Crampon attachments (Voile I think)

Snurfer
    1448 Posts

A few more (non-split) 2015 snowboard thingies if you can stand the pop-up adds. Really dig the Arbor turned Dupraz
    http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/118017-snowboard-gear-preview-2015-snow-show.html

Shark Snowsurf Chuna
    Voile V-Tail 170 BC
    Voile One Ninety Five
    Spark R&D Arc

802smuggler
    369 Posts

@Snurfer wrote:

This isn’t a split and it’s already available for 2014, but this is the first little board I’ve seen that I would consider owning.
    [youtube:1lgiii15]DyEmIuxiTG8[/youtube:1lgiii15]

Well now, if even you are considering a short board, it’s time to take this stuff seriously!

@philip.ak wrote:

Salomon seriously put the touring inserts so far back that you can’t mount a rear binding??? WTF :nononno:

My initial thought was that it doesn’t look like the touring brackets are centered (set way to far back). Maybe it’s just a show model oops.

moridinbg
    151 Posts

I want to make sweet love to this deck!!! 😳

The new NS graphics are very, very cool. I remember the huuuge backslash they had last year with the graphics they first showed. Several of the boards were redone before production, due to popular demand.

Snowskip
    5 Posts

This is supposed to be a guy from the Salomon team :

Salomon split looks kooky, a hinge in the middle of the board? One more thing for me to fiddle with at the top of the run, and it really can’t be good for the ride quality… I wouldn’t buy it, the board next to it looks rad though
    :nononno:
    @chrisNZ wrote:

Feels like a space race. Exciting times.

Agreed very exciting :thatrocks:

Oh yeah, after thought…
    What if the hinge breaks while you are out touring? Bad situation :nononno:

HikeforTurns
    1114 Posts

@Snurfer wrote:

I’m huge fan of Salomon (running gear), but this is a waste of their energy – if they are going for the ski vibe, why not shape the center part so each ski has matching sidecut profile on both edges

Yeah, waste of money. Sorry Salomon. Imagine the time to put three different pieces together with freezing conditions. Obviously they didn’t consult Splitboard.com once again. :nononno: Also lack of float while skinning with those skis. Who the F is working in their R&D department?

Salomon: If you want to develop new and improved split tech, talk to people who have a clue.

FloImSchnee
    291 Posts

@Snowskip wrote:

http://www.wiredsport.com/WWSRA/30.jpg

Super-interesting 3-piece! Would make a lot of ascents in Europe much easier!
    (less weight, Skis fit into skin track, easier sidehilling on non-powdery ascents)

Snowskip
    5 Posts

Looks like there will be no hinge in the end, it’s a 4 pieces split :mrgreen:

HikeforTurns
    1114 Posts
    shredgnar
    643 Posts

Dear god, as if Gopros weren’t annoying enough, now we’ll have these little flying critters following every spoiled kid and bro-bra around on the hill. Time to buy a big fly swatter, or a shotgun.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 262 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.