Forums Events 2015 Baker Splitfest, March 27th to 29th
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DrownedRat
    119 Posts

The poster for the 2015 Baker Splitfest is ready. This year’s event is shaping up to be great. The dates are March 27th, 28th and 29th, 2015. This is also the same weekend as the Baker Beacon Rally so you can tour and get some beacon practice. Even if the snow is questionable the raffle is going to be amazing!

Here is the current list of manufacturers planning demos:
    Karakoram, Voile, Spark R&D, Prior, Trapper, Jones, Never Summer, Chimera, Palace Snowboards, Weston, Venture, G3, Lib-Tech and Komperdell

We have Boardworks Tech Shop doing free waxes at the event! Palace Snowboards and She-Jumps are leading a women’s tour, sign up on Facebook event. And as the event gets closer watch the website and Facebook page to sign up for demos.

Check out the event schedule here: splitfest.com/schedule-of-events

Baker Splitfest poster

2017 Baker Splitfest, March 17th to 19th!

DrownedRat
    119 Posts

I’ve been getting lots of questions if the Baker Splitfest is going to happen.

The short answer is, yes, the event is going to happen!

The long answer is the snow is up high and will require some extra effort to get to. This event serves a couple of purposes. One is to meet other splitboarders and get out into the back country near Mt Baker. Second, we raise funds for NWAC so we can make good decisions in the back country. Rumor has it touring has been great around Heliotrope, Twin Lakes and higher elevations of Artist Point. Don’t want to do the extra hiking to the snow? Hike or mountain bike something lower but come to Chair 9 for the raffle and meet up with others! We’ll be showing the Split Life movie at 7:30 on Saturday so we remember what snow was like. As for the raffle, we’ve got some awesome stuff again this year. Keep watching the Facebook page and I’ll start posting some of the prizes in the next week. Just to tease a couple of things, how about a certificate for any board Prior makes, Patagonia outerwear and who doesn’t need some Voile straps? Don’t forget to stop and check out the local businesses too. This season has been brutal for them.

TEX
    2486 Posts

Pics? Anything ? Raffle pics, mountain bike pics, bigfoot pics? anything?

DrownedRat
    119 Posts

So here’s my really late Baker Splitfest wrap up. The raffle ended up being a huge success. We generated $7300 for NWAC and gave away 9 boards in the raffle this year! Not bad for a bad snow year. 🙂

The raffle was truly amazing again this year, from full Patagonia kits to beacon shovel probe kits to a set of Fitwells.

Friday was sunny and really warm so the snow was wet and heavy but there were great views. Saturday morning it snowed so if you got above 4500 feet the snow was good. Sunday seemed wet and most people were hung over. I’m sure people got out but I was not one of them.

From Friday
    Shuksan waiting

From the raffle
    Kyle Miller did a great job as MC!

prior_rider
    109 Posts

What’s the word on the 2016 Baker Splitfest? Is it happening this year?

DrownedRat
    119 Posts

Hey prior_rider the Baker Splitfest is March 11th to the 13th this year. If you want to demo a board this is the year to come. I’ll put together a post with the poster and details in the events section.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.