Forums Bindings 2013/14 Phantom Bindings PreOrder
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Phantom Bindings
    11 Posts

Spread the word…The Phantom ALPHA Pre-order is now open!

Ride mode: $550 USD
    Ride mode and Tour mode: $825 USD

Tour mode is a hybrid of Phantom adapters, Dynafit Speed Superlite Fronts and Voile Dual risers.

In order to guarantee that you get a pair of Phantoms for the 2013/14 season, you will need to pre-order and pre-pay. As a way of saying thanks, you’ll be able to pick your colors.

If you’re in, send me an email and we will go from there!

phantomsbb@gmail.com

To keep up with the latest progress, check out Phantom’s FB page.

PHANTOM

I’ll be getting more info out shortly, but need to start the list so I know how many bindings to build this season.

Some Pictures of the Prototypes. Final color, shape and weights will vary a little.

Proto Medium

Board Interface (4 total needed)

Tour Mode Hybrid for those who want to be able to just one stop shop it.

96avs01
    875 Posts

Hellyeah :rock:

165 Venture Divide/Spark Frankenburners/La Sportiva Spantiks
    163W Jones Solution/Phantom Alphas/Dynafit TLT5s
    162 Furberg

Chris

JimmyC
    351 Posts

Yahooooooooooo!!!

Phantom Bindings
    11 Posts

Updated 1st post with some photos from the protos that were tested at the end last season.

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you everyone for your input and support. Grassroots! :doobie:

buell
    534 Posts

Splitboard AT bindings designed by guy whose day job is a rocket scientist (engineer)! It totally shows in the design and workmanship! Thanks John. :bow:

John
    22 Posts

Is the tour heel adapter longer then Sparks?

Phantom Bindings
    11 Posts

The heel riser adapter shown is a prototype, but the actual adapters will be a little longer per several people’s request. For those that have smaller feet, care about a few extra grams and have access to a cut of wheel, you can cut off the excess (or let me know, and I’ll cut them down before the get Anodized).

Quick plug….Few more weeks and the preorder will be closed. Not planning on making more bindings after this until next season. I’ll build a few to have for those who come after the preorder, but don’t have the budget for very many.

b0ardski
    251 Posts

I love watching state of the art happem :thumpsup:

summersgone
    820 Posts

I’m on the list and just picked up some TLT5’s for a good price. :headbang: Starting too think way to much about winter for this time of year. :banghead: Stoked for the new Alphas! :bananas:

moridinbg
    151 Posts

When does the preorder close? I am 1000% on for this. Could barely wait the beta season. Thing is, here is still summer and I am still pouring money into my mountain bike so wouldn’t be able to fork any money for snowboard stuff untill mid to late September…

Phantom Bindings
    11 Posts

@moridinbg wrote:

When does the preorder close?…

Need to get the orders locked in and payment in by the end of August. I’ll have a very large bill to pay early September and need the money by then. If you haven’t already, send me an email so at the very least, we can get you all sorted and ready to go. Few options to select from.

Incalescent
    225 Posts

Ohhhhh shit. Here we go.

http://goldenincalescent.blogspot.com/

Jefe009
    675 Posts

@summersgone wrote:

I’m on the list and just picked up some TLT5’s for a good price. :headbang: Starting too think way to much about winter for this time of year. :banghead: Stoked for the new Alphas! :bananas:

Nice dude, welcome to the DARK SIDE!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Cya for SF in April again…

www.splitlife.net

Converting this year!!! Just found TLT5’s on Sierra Trading Post. They only have a few small sizes. With and extra coupon I got a new pair of 28.5’s for $350.

summersgone
    820 Posts

MountainDog, awesome! I did notice that inventory is dropping very fast for the TLT5’s on the internet. One thing I want to say though is I am a 9-9.5 shoe normally so I figured I was a 27.5 size, but I found a 27.0 in the shop, and tried it on, and it was a perfect fit after molding. I heard you should size up because they run small and can get cold, but these felt great right at 27.5, which is a 9.0 or so. We’ll see this winter how they do for coldness.

@jefe009 wrote:

Cya for SF in April again…

Yeah Jefe, starting to think about splitfest again! We’ll have a final date for the event here shortly that we will make public. It will be in April though.

@summersgone wrote:

MountainDog, awesome! I did notice that inventory is dropping very fast for the TLT5’s on the internet. One thing I want to say though is I am a 9-9.5 shoe normally so I figured I was a 27.5 size, but I found a 27.0 in the shop, and tried it on, and it was a perfect fit after molding. I heard you should size up because they run small and can get cold, but these felt great right at 27.5, which is a 9.0 or so. We’ll see this winter how they do for coldness.

Yeah, I’m a 9.5-10 street shoe. My Malamutes are 10s. I tried HFT’s 28’s on and it seemed like they were a good fit. You will not find 28’s anywhere on the internet. But, the shells for 28 and 28.5 are the same size, so I’m hoping with a foot bed or intuition liner I can make them work fine. They’re showing up on the brown truck tonight so I’ll figure it out soon.

Conversion chart

I did some searching and it seems like the only difference between half sizes is the 28.5 has a thinner footbed than the 28.

barrows
    1490 Posts

@mountaindog wrote:

@summersgone wrote:

Yeah, I’m a 9.5-10 street shoe. My Malamutes are 10s. I tried HFT’s 28’s on and it seemed like they were a good fit. You will not find 28’s anywhere on the internet. But, the shells for 28 and 28.5 are the same size, so I’m hoping with a foot bed or intuition liner I can make them work fine. They’re showing up on the brown truck tonight so I’ll figure it out soon.

Conversion chart

I did some searching and it seems like the only difference between half sizes is the 28.5 has a thinner footbed than the 28.

Z: You are probably in good shape. I generally wear a 10.5 to 11 sneaker/skate shoe. I am usually in size 10 for a Salomon Malamute or Driver X, maybe a 10.5 sometimes (they vary a little with season). The smallest TLT shell I can use is the 28, as you note, the 28.5 is the same size. If the shell ends up being ever so slightly big for you, the solution will be to add an Intuition liner, as the Intuition liner will be thicker, and warmer, and will mold better, than the OE Dynafit liner. Yeah, more expense, I know it sucks… but the Intuition liners are much better than Dynafits.

Powder_Rider
    498 Posts

Concerning the to big TLT 5….

One could try the Eliminator Tongue if the TLT5 boot is slightly to big. As was the case with my Scarpa F1s. The added benefit is you get a progressive lean without modifying the boot. Try to carpet test the Eliminator at a local boot fitter (one who can heat mold your boots.

see http://www.masterfitenterprises.com/eliminator.html

BTW: The Phantom Alpha’s look great. :clap:

Phantom Bindings
    11 Posts

Finally…and sorry for the wait…Here’s an Order Info Sheet to help explain the various options, color choices and prices.

For those of you on the order list already, I’ll be sending out an order sheet for you to fill out your selections.

Thank you for your patients. The build is coming along very well.

Phantom Bindings
    11 Posts

All order forms should be send out. If you didn’t get an email from me and wanted to be on the order list, please send me an email.

This is the last week to sign up for this season’s build so if you’ve been on the fence, it’s time to make a decision.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Can’t wait to show off the final version. Bindings should be shipping out first part of October.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.