Forums Splitboard Talk Forum 2011 Kalifornia Eastside Splitfest…NEW EVERYONE REREAD!!!!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    jbaysurfer
    947 Posts

So this thread was lost in the crash last weekend. Time to rebuild. Unfortunately, I missed some of your comments questions, signups (everything on Page 2) and couldn’t find the cached page 2 via google, so I need those of you NOT on the list to reconfirm via post…also any questions comments on page 2 need to be reposted. On to business:

It’s gonna happen. House is booked. Weekend of April 9th/10th for two nights (Fri and Sat). Cost will be similar to last year ($150 give or take $20 bucks), but we’re gonna limit the enrollment to 25. Probably use the fantastic Convict Lake Restaurant to cater a couple dinners again…and we intentionally booked this to NOT coincide with the Sea Otter so’s our mountainbike racing afficionados (JimW) won’t have any conflict of interest. We’ll try to put together a food only option again this year if people are interested. The house is epic, the terrain is phenomenal the food is delectable, the snow is incomparable, the sun is…ok, I’m out of hyperbole for the time being, but wear your sunscreen eh?

Post up the questions. Fullers2oh, Tex, and Swanny will also be working on this thing…

Confirmed List:

Fullers2oh
    Swanny
    Tex
    Jbay
    Silver
    Dutchmarc
    rughty
    Schwalbster
    DRRock
    MTN Rider
    RJC
    Darrick
    Tyler Kloster
    Bryce Kloster (cascadians represent!)
    D-Green
    Jdoneil
    Holbyco
    Olly
    Gnarshredder
    NoKnees
    Bender

If you want to be on the confirmed list or if I lost your confirmation in the crash, let me know. First come first served. Confirming = a financial committment to pay for you spot!

We started kinda late on this, so get your calendars out now and plan on riding some big Sierra lines with some cool peeps!

Last years’ stoke thread, it’s gonna take a long time to load, because it’s full of epic pictures.

Seriously, this is gonna be awesome!!!!!! :headbang:

TEX
    2486 Posts

The snowpack is FAT this season.

we welcome newbies, skiers ( yeah, even telenmarkers) , but no snow skaters ( I mean the ones with short skis, not the ones with a skateboard deck to a mini snowboard, those are welcome, just not those “fruit booters” ) and no boarders are welcome too.

Convict Lake Resort’s home page

http://www.convictlake.com/resort-home

here is the house

http://www.convictlake.com/cabins/rentals/deluxe/large-houses/79-mt-morrison.html

Spouses and Girlfriends are welcome.

Mammoth Mountain is about 7 miles up the road for non BC boarders and skiers. Hot tub at the house and also natural hot springs are about 3 miles away.

sdmarkus
    407 Posts

Me and the Mrs. are rollin’ and crashing in the camper if that’s cool. Interested in the food only option if that goes down. Let me know if you guys need help with the event in any way or if someone wants to bum a ride from SD. :clap:

jbaysurfer
    947 Posts

You got it Mark. I’m gonna keep the “food only” list separate since it’s not limited to a certain number of peeps. Lookin’ forward to seein’ ya.

jbaysurfer
    947 Posts

One other thing…we need a logo.

Last year Schedler put a great one together for us. This year, it’s wide open. Please..even if you won’t be able to make it (you’ll be missing out), but you’re inclined toward design, help us out as a service to the community?

The selected logo (if there are multiple entries) will likely be used on some very cool items (last year a pair of sparks was one of them) and T-Shirts as well.

PM me or Swanny for email contact info.

BGnight
    1382 Posts

I’m in. Cancelled my trip to AK (they’re having worst season ever…obv they’ll have killer April now :roll:)

I’ll be on the food, shower, shitter, but sleeping in my truck list 😆
    Did I see that jimw wasn’t coming in the deleted thread? WTF JIM?

jbaysurfer
    947 Posts

@bgnight wrote:

I’m in. Cancelled my trip to AK (they’re having worst season ever…obv they’ll have killer April now :roll:)

I’ll be on the food, shower, shitter, but sleeping in my truck list 😆

Sweet man. We’ll be stoked to have you. Yeah, Jim has one week only that he can’t come, and this is it. Funny thing is, the whole idea of scheduling it a week before the Sea Otter was so he could make it. I shoulda checked with him. Somebody should definitely do a line at the Plateau in his honor.

What about Storn? PJ and Nat? Ecobrad? Bowlrider? Axlxltskmotherofgodsaketymwk (Aaron)? Buffy? We gotta get the Bay Area and Tahoe to represent. Also, BCR, consider this public pressure to attend. Bring that shotsplit too…

Calling Bryce and Tyler, Russman, Stoudema, Kyle, Buell, and all the cascadian rippers too! We’d love to have a few of you represent!

Lastly, we’d love to have Utah, Wysplitride (even though I just bailed on his party :banghead: ), Monk, Nomad, and any other Rockyrippers!

We can all debate hardboots vs. softboots the way it was meant to be debated, mellow and burnt from a day of climbing and riding.

I’m such a uniter. I’m gonna call myself the uniter from now on. Oh crap..did I type that? Am I going crazy? Or is this just my minds way of trying to tell me something?…if only I knew what…hmmm…

TEX
    2486 Posts

What about Storn? PJ and Nat? Ecobrad? Bowlrider? Axlxltskmotherofgodsaketymwk (Aaron)? Buffy? We gotta get the Bay Area and Tahoe to represent. Also, BCR, consider this public pressure to attend. Bring that shotsplit too…

Calling Bryce and Tyler, Russman, Stoudema, Kyle, Buell, and all the cascadian rippers too! We’d love to have a few of you represent!

Lastly, we’d love to have Utah, Wysplitride (even though I just bailed on his party :banghead: ), Monk, Nomad, and any other Rockyrippers!

Its pretty obvious Jbay

The usual east side crew will commit 2-3 days before , The out of state/out of country guys and girls are……….afraid., scared, too timid to hit the Big lines of the Lonely East Side

Just kiddin

if anyone does want to fly in mammoth/yosemite airport is across the road, reno is 3 hours north L.A.is five hours south ,San Fransico is ( not sure, somebody chime in) and San diego is 7 hours

Im sure we can get you a ride from any of these

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TEX
    2486 Posts

After Dinner saturday night we will be seeing a bad ass slide show from Dan Mingori or BCD on the forum. Dan is the strongest splitter I have seen and an even better photographer.
    Check out his website, you may want to buy something to hang on the wall at home

http://www.danmingoriphotography.com

jbaysurfer
    947 Posts

@tex wrote:

After Dinner saturday night we will be seeing a bad ass slide show from Dan Mingori or BCD on the forum. Dan is the strongest splitter I have seen and an even better photographer.
    Check out his website, you may want to buy something to hang on the wall at home

http://www.danmingoriphotography.com

So sick and appropriate, I regreted missing his presentation up in Tahoe, so I’m stoked about this! :thatrocks:

schwalbster
    321 Posts

THAT IS AWESOME!! Always love his pictures!

After much research, experimentation and consideration, I have decided adulthood is not for me. Thank you for the opportunity.

jimw
    1421 Posts

@bgnight wrote:

@jbaysurfer wrote:

Yeah, Jim has one week only that he can’t come, and this is it. Funny thing is, the whole idea of scheduling it a week before the Sea Otter was so he could make it. I shoulda checked with him. Somebody should definitely do a line at the Plateau in his honor.

Yeah, seriously WTF?!?

That is the ONE weekend I definitely cannot make it. The funny thing is, I was secretly hoping it *would* be the same weekend as Sea Otter so I had a buit in excuse for why I was going to bail on SO again. 🙂 Oh well.

At least I might get a serious hall pass for having to miss this one. I’ll be super bummed to miss it though, it was definitely a highlight of the last few seasons! And on top of it, you guys finally got BCD to come out and give a slide show. Seriously WTF.

And where is this “plateau” place?

rughty
    620 Posts

@jimw wrote:

And where is this “plateau” place?

Oh, That thread must have been lost. Here it is Jim:

Hope this helps. Hehehe

mtnrider
    740 Posts

count me in…that Sentury base is sick.

aliasptr
    282 Posts

Count me and Kelly in! ONLY for food and amenities. We’ll be truck camping as well! :disco:

SanFrantastico
    1514 Posts

I will sadly have to miss it this year. My new business has been keeping me really busy and things just got busier. (In a good way! :bananas: ) But I am having trouble finding time for sleep at the moment so travel to the East Side seems out of the question. I will have to ride twice as many days next year…

Putting the poo in swimming pool since 1968.

fullers2oh
    525 Posts

hey you know the rule storn, if you are not showing up, you gotta send two patchouli oil wearning smelly hippies in your place. no but seriously good thing you cant go cuz you are busy. keep at it my friend and i hope the hard work pays off!

i wanted to ask about food this year. one of the things i really enjoy is the food at convict lake resort. after semi-dirtbagging it all year it is nice to spend a weekend having some amazing food catered from the good folks at convict lake.

so i was thinking we would at least have saturday eve catered. there is some concern abotu fri eve though. do you all think we should just get food from the resort on sat eve and leave fri open for everyone to fend for themselves? i am indifferent and most likely wont be up there till late anyway so would miss the fri eve dinner.

TEX
    2486 Posts

I think your right about dinner on friday night Dave. Because a lot of people will be driving in at dinner time we should just cater saturday night

SanFrantastico
    1514 Posts

@fullers2oh wrote:

hey you know the rule storn, if you are not showing up, you gotta send two patchouli oil wearning smelly hippies…

Is it okay if they just reek of BO and pot?? If so I nominate you and TEX and my designated hippies. You will have to :doobie: :mrgreen: :doobie: :mrgreen: :doobie: :mrgreen: :doobie: :mrgreen: twice as much I hope you can handle it.

Putting the poo in swimming pool since 1968.

jbaysurfer
    947 Posts

@tex wrote:

I think your right about dinner on friday night Dave. Because a lot of people will be driving in at dinner time we should just cater saturday night

Storn,

I already sent you an email giving you crap, but I agree w/ Daves sentiments. Good for you, bad for us. You’ll be missed for sure!

Food: If I’m not mistaken, the resort restaurant will be open on Fri night so peeps who don’t bring their own, or grab something from town can always eat there. It’s probably what I’ll do.

We have to do the Sat night thing though…the convict catered dinner is a highlight of my season as well.

Also, if we don’t have Fri night catered, the price is gonna decrease accordingly. So the new estimate is 130 give or take 20, the food/amenities only option will be about half. Again, when we get the catering nailed down I’ll give you guys the exact numbers.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.