Skip to main content

Home Forums Split Partners Wanted 2010/11 season in Engelberg, Switzerland… and beyond

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    WideRange
    Participant

Hello, I’m Jack… I’ve been lurker here for several years, but now I thought I’d introduce myself and see if I can find some fellow riders to shred with in Europe this winter.

I normally live in Ouray, CO and ride mostly up around Red Mountain Pass. But this winter I’m spending the entire 2010/11 season in Europe. In fact I’m renting a place in Engelberg, Switzerland from January through April. Look like a sweet spot, with potential 2,000m vert lines! I’ll be riding the resort of course, but also hope to get out on some split tours whenever I can.

So if you’re in Europe and want to meet up let me know! Before January I’m pretty much free to go to other places in the Alps (wherever the snow is!) and in January and beyond I’ll mostly be in Engelberg but could also cruise around a bit to other places as well.

In the meantime, take a look at a collection of some of my ski/snowboarding pics over the years!

Hope to hear from you… :guinness:

maniacdave
    Participant

I’m to poor, but a buddy of mine from Sweden was there last year and I think he’s heading back again this year.

That was Pontus

HikeforTurns
    Participant

Welcome aboard Jack. Looking forward to some swiss pics this season, have fun!

-Forrest

PS, here is Jack in action:

WideRange
    Participant

Hey what’s up Forrest! You should make a trip out here!

SPLITRIPPIN
    Participant

OOOOOh Giggidy… Somebody whom wants to check out Switzerland as well, eh?!!! I have a Swedish photographer whom does time in Disentis. I’ve spent a bunch of time in Austria as well…

Sent you a PM… very interested indeed!

dafu
    Participant

jack
    I live in Bern and would be up to meet up during Dec for some touring. if you are interested
    I have a pretty full agenda till around the 20th when I start my work wind down for xmas. then I will be more than ready for a day out. david

WideRange
    Participant

Thanks David! I sent you a PM.

Jonas
    Participant

Hi!

I’m coming to Engelberg for two weeks, from March 19. to April 2.
    Tried to find out some splitboarding info about Engelberg, and came up to your topic here.
    So as I’m coming there alone, it’d be nice to have riding/skinning buddy. I’ve been to Engelberg a few times before, but always with traditional boards. I’m bit newbie to splitboarding, having just done one trip to France this year with my new board, mojo 66 rx.

Best regards,

Jonas

WideRange
    Participant

Hi Jonas, I just sent you a PM!

benjamin530
    Participant

Hello All,

I am going to be in Morzine France 3/17 to 3/21 with my wife and her friends, all taking lessons…so i am on my own and would like to find someone that wants to earn some turns.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Thanks,

Benjamin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.