Forums Trip Reports 2.26.06 Kettle Peak
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    bcd
    232 Posts

Sunrise:

Toby going up Little Slide Canyon:

Going up the Irie Chute:

Skiing:

More skiing:

Looking back at Kettle Peak:

Views:

huevon
    124 Posts

pretty, like that Cali rock

gimpy
    47 Posts

nice pics dooooder and great to ski ya again. hows the arm holding up???

joesnow
    46 Posts

A few more to add to Dan’s:

BCD:

Gimpy & Buddy:

BCD (and most of the Hulk):

‘Twas an irie kind of day. Good luck with the healing Dan.

Ecobrad
    2068 Posts

Looks like an epic trip–with huge vert 😀 ❗

I truely enjoy both of your pictures.

kyle christenson
    18 Posts

Good work. That looks like a long day trip. I like those pictures of BCD, it looks creamy and smooth.

bcrider
    4149 Posts

Beautiful pics dan and joe. 🙂

I know gimpy and joe have been wanting to make it down there to ski something big…and no better partner in crime than bcd. Color me green with envy you guys! :mrgreen:

Bodhi
    42 Posts

Amazing pics…all.

peace,
    D.

Bodhi
    42 Posts

$$$$ pic.

🙂 Damn, Buddy seems to get better runs in a year than me. I hate that dog. 😉

mountainvoodoo
    80 Posts

Way to go boys !! Sweet lines as usual.

Love that shot of the Totem Pole & the Hulk.

Jim

fullers2oh
    525 Posts

looks like you were charging some good terrain while the cond. were good! great shots with great snow blue skies good lines! must have been an epic day. thanks for sharing these pix. aloha!

bcd
    232 Posts

Thanks Joe, those pics look great.

jimw
    1421 Posts

Sounds like there was an injury? Hope not, or at least that it wasn’t too serious.

Amazing terrain, nice line! So I gotta know… does this line have a name, and does it go?? 😯

joesnow
    46 Posts

Yea Jim, it goes. Maybe not as clean this year as other years (this is borrowed from Towlie from a previous year):

Here’s a couple of pics I marked up showing parts of our route (red is descent, blue is ascent):

The out on Blacksmith was a tricky thin bushwhack. Dan was navigating the flat creek bed area with only one foot strapped in when he collided with a tree. He was in obvious pain (and even a little shock) but still rode out through the steeper, thin snow’d, thick tree’d mess down to Robinson Creek on his own, and never let Toby and I help him pack his stuff out. Dan can speak for himself, but it appeared to be a really deep bruise, and hopefully no worse.

K Dan
    66 Posts

Wow. BCD. Truly inspiring. Sorry boss, last night I came down with a bad case of the STOKE. Work ain’t lookin so good today . Monday’s not lookin much better.

😛

jimw
    1421 Posts

Thanks for the additional beta Joe. Yet another one to add to the to-do list… That narrow shot looks very North-Peak-ish.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.