Forums Splitboard Talk Forum 1 Medjool Date vs. 3 Shot Blocks
Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Ecobrad
    2068 Posts

damn, I’m heading to the store now. I didn’t know Gatorade and carrot juice have pot in them.

@SanFrantastico wrote:

I’m getting “hippie” too. I just dropped $250 on a juicer. It rocks!

Yeah dude I have a juicer too but mine was maybe $45. I take a juice break every morning, the joys of working at home. Check out this one, 16 oz Gatorade vs 16 oz Carrot Juice:

Food…….Gatorade …………Carrot Juice
    Mass…….454g………………454g
    Cal……….118………………..182
    Fat……….0…………………..0
    Sodium…..177………………..132mg
    Pot……….68mg………………1326mg
    Carb……..29g…………………42g
    Fiber………0g…………………..4g
    Sugar……24g………………….18g
    Protien……0g……………………4g
    Vit A……..0 IU…………..86,823 IU
    Vit C………2mg……………….39mg
    Calcium…..5mg………………109mg
    Iron……….0mg…………………2mg

Price……..$.75…………………$.95 (If made fresh)

fustercluck
    668 Posts

@Ecobrad wrote:

damn, I’m heading to the store now. I didn’t know Gatorade and carrot juice have pot in them.

You think Storn would drink it if it didn’t?

BGnight
    1382 Posts

@SanFrantastico wrote:

@BGnight wrote:

I just bought some organic dried dates cuz of this thread. Damn you Storn!

Oh no! What have I done!?! If this keeps up we’ll all just have to go over to telemark.

I already do telemark…UP the hill. I’m at least smart enough to fix my heel before I descend as are others in this forum.

Drop the knee, squat to pee!

osubg1
    65 Posts

I eat probably 85-90% Paleo diet – The dates and prunes are great packable energy. I pretty much fill a bag full of dates/prunes, almonds, cashews and beef jerky. It seems to be the best combo to go all day. Also, I bring roast beef from the deli in a zip lock bag, it’s like jerky, but not so much salt, good for lunch!

russman
    692 Posts

@seeknpow wrote:

All this talk of prunes and dates sounds like a good way to
    soil your drawers. Snickers and peanuts will keep you going until you hit your cold frostys at the bottom

@ndrider wrote:

Eat more Eat Mores! And Cadbury too. Might as well enjoy what you eat.
    I don’t know about you but I burn about a million calories on the up, and what kind of monosaccharides you eat doesn’t matter much.

Remember, :guinness: is good for you!!!

Excellent points guys! Don’t underestimate the power of fat and raw Calories for performance nutrition! During endurance activities you want to eat as much as you can, encompassing all food groups.

I’ve done a bit of research on this stuff the past few years, and the number of Calories we need on a big day in the mountains is nearly astronomical! In fact its almost impossible to come out on top no matter how much you eat.

Having a caloric surplus DURING exercise is extremely valuable, as it promotes the maintenance of Testosterone (or Estrogen) levels throughout the day, and at the end of the day. This is essential for muscle recovery and promoting the aggregation of bone mineral density and bone protein. Further, keeping glycogen levels bumped up elicits a lower Cortisol and Epinephrine (adrenal) response to exercise, which further enhances endurance and power.

From what I’ve learned, during high level exercise (which splitboarding is) its more important to focus on the constant supply of calories throughout the day rather than the nitty griddy nutrition facts. In the end you’ll get more nutrition anyway. Counting calories is almost irrelevant during endurance activities (again, which splitboarding is) because if anything we need more than we think. Research shows that exercise should never be combined with low nutritional intake, as this is only damaging to health and performance.

Taft
    287 Posts

some good tips here. Dates, i’m going to have to use that one my self.

I have used this in the past for a guide line when your doing lots of days close together and recovery becomes important.

Click to access power_eating.pdf

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.