Forums Splitboard Talk Forum ’06/’07 Goals?
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    lewmt
    570 Posts

Last year 1 particular b/c friend was hyped on getting 250,000′ uphill vert as a goal. Got most of us into it with him. Was a great motivator to get out even when conditions weren’t that inspiring.

Anyone laying down goals for the upcoming season? Gear? Summits? Lines? Big trip/tour plans?
    A couple of my goals are:

Next May I’m hoping & spend several days exploring more of Glacier before the crowds arrive & the snow leaves

&

I can’t find any info from anyone that this summit has ever been ridden – skis or board….crap snow & cloud soup stopped me last year

Jon Dahl
    384 Posts

Goals: (1) get my knee to heal (2) be in shape for the next splitfest (3) Baker, Shuksan, Adams, and maybe Rainer in one season (4) If the knee will take it, Pilchuck SOON! Now that I said it, it’s harder to back out of it!

TEX
    2486 Posts

I want to take this course

http://www.exumguides.com/winter/skicamp.shtml

The wife has given the OK. I also would like to do a hut trip to the selkirks, but I would rather do the exum course for future knowledge and skills.
    My local goal is to do 3rd pillar of Dana Plateua……..JIM ? Jim? are you out there Jim? I may need a push JIm

SanFrantastico
    1514 Posts

I’m still acquiring snowboard and splitboard skills like crazy, so I’m interested in taking some kind of more advanced course like the Exum couse as well. I haven’t researched them, though.

Locally, my BC partner LikesToRide and I have a goal of summitting Freel which is the highest peak in the Tahoe basin. This spring we were working on plans to do the approach on minibikes, which would have been so funny, but it fell through. In Tahoe I also have the goal of doing a more interesting Tallac descent, maybe the right-arm of the cross or something.

I’d definitely like to do some kind of splitfest/scrubfest trip. I’d like to climb a cascades volcano again. Maybe Rainier or a repeat of Shasta. I may also try to put together a hut trip to Yosemite or something. I haven’t done an Eastern Sierra descent yet. I don’t know why.

Wow – sounds like fun. I hope we get some snow.

Oh yeah… gear… I want polarized goggles, a much better daypack, whippets, better boots. Does it ever end??

Putting the poo in swimming pool since 1968.

Jon Dahl
    384 Posts

@SanFrantastico wrote:

Oh yeah… gear… I want polarized goggles, a much better daypack, whippets, better boots. Does it ever end??

NEVER! The quest only ends when you quit or die….

splittilps
    154 Posts

My BC partner from last year took the Exum course and really enjoyed it.

For my goals, I hope to get more use out of the new Prior split that I just ordered than I got out of my old Burton in the last couple seasons. To reach that goal I’m afraid I need to also have the goal of finding additional riding partners who are a tad more fit and maybe more compatable personality-wise than my current one.

I’d like to have the goal of keeping up with Lewmt’s 250,000 ft friend on the way up the Sphinx next spring but there’s not a chance in he77 of that happening.

Rico in AZ
    559 Posts

Yeah, a lot of goals. And it all depends on snow in the SW, which is pretty fickle.

1. Avy I course in January.

2. Make this bowl my regular home. It’s just across from my ski area, only a twenty minute skin but a heinous posthole boot pack and hardly anyone goes out there.

And this bowl is a twenty minute skin over the east ridge

3. Slay all the above tree line bowls, chutes, and couloirs on my mountain that I’ve gaped at from afar.

4. Splitfest, no matter what, no matter where, or when. After last season’s Tr’s from Splifest in Utah, I’m going. Period.

5. Ride into next June, or beyond I hope.

This list may grow, I want to alot this winter!

fortysix2
    112 Posts

I’d like to learn how to ski 😳 I really suck on 2 planks.

lewmt
    570 Posts

I want to take this course

http://www.exumguides.com/winter/skicamp.shtml

My daughter did the womens mountaineering course in June. They have some really exceptional people there. I’d like to do the 5 day peak skiing course in March/April – is that the course you’re looking at P420?

Gear – for me will be new boots…narrow ankles + fat toe area isn’t so easy to find.

lifelinksplit
    282 Posts

you guys are probably sick of seeing it but after multiple attempts I still need to get this bastard out of my dreams(2 lines in particular)

and I should have had the middle line in the pic, but I had some equipment issues( I love burton interfaces)

of course there are more but these are the main goals(along with the diagonal, hint hint wink wink I know you’re watching WSR)

TEX
    2486 Posts

Yep Lewmt, thats the one Im looking at. Maybe you , me and San Frantastico should hook up on it

flatlander
    63 Posts

My goal is to summit LLS’s avitar

Gear: Maybe get my own splitboard.

SanFrantastico
    1514 Posts

@patroller420 wrote:

Yep Lewmt, thats the one Im looking at. Maybe you , me and San Frantastico should hook up on it

Yeah – that looks perfect. I’m in for sure…

Putting the poo in swimming pool since 1968.

jimw
    1421 Posts

@patroller420 wrote:

My local goal is to do 3rd pillar of Dana Plateua……..JIM ? Jim? are you out there Jim? I may need a push JIm

Yes! Funny you should mention this. When you’re out there, be sure to stop by the grand opening of my goal for the season – Jim’s Third Pillar Bar & Grill! Had a sneak preview last weekend of the bar part.

The view is great and the customers were pleased.

I haven’t quite figured out the “grill” part. I’m thinking maybe I can stash a hibachi up there.

My other goal is to go to the Mo-Mart. And get everyone else to start calling it that, even though it’s not the “real” Mo-Mart.

Oh yeah, I also plan to take Pink Buddha out on more eastside trips. He says he really likes it out there.

lewmt
    570 Posts

Dep. paid I’m in…Maybe they’ll get S.Koch to guide?

1 more thing…since the last kid has gone off to college now…make it to Splitfest this yr.

TEX
    2486 Posts

Whats the deposite cost? And what dates are you in for?

Good thread….

I have a lot of goals this winter…mostly shit that no one has heard of. I would like to ride some more obscure lines that have not been written about. My goal is to ride unknown aesthetic lines that I stumbled across this summer in my journies, and maybe a big name peak or two….the Tetons are calling and the Absarokas are screamin’.

Another goal is just to get out as much as possible and meet some more rad folk from this forum.

Snow is around the corner.

WSR

TEX
    2486 Posts

Are you done at the ranch? Are you back at school? Gonna be heading out that way to do this exum class. Late may early june

All done at the ranch. Busy season this year for sure. The Exum class sounds fun. Exum is good stuff for sure. If you are coming out this way that time of year, let’s plan a fuggin’ epic…just over the hill and I will be ranchin’ it then. I have some shit on my mind already for that time of the year.

lewmt
    570 Posts

Dep. was $450…but I don’t think it has to be in so early its just that bus. has been decent lately & funds are there now + if I lock in now wife won’t be so fussy later if she knows I’d blow that dep. if I back out.

Doin the end-of-March 5 day peak trip.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.