JetForce is the first Avalanche Airbag Technology to use jet-fan inflation, a breakthrough system that draws air from an unlimited source: the atmosphere. Testable, re-deployable and travel friendly, JetForce is the result of a multiyear collaboration between Black Diamond and PIEPS, two leaders in avalanche safety innovation.
Combining Black Diamond’s expertise in industrial engineering and backcountry travel, JetForce features countless improvements over existing airbag technologies, from an intuitive deployment trigger to a proprietary tear-resistant and easily repackable airbag fabric.
To design JetForce’s custom electronics, Black Diamond turned to PIEPS, leaders in digital avalanche transceivers. PIEPS applied their digital expertise to the engineering of JetForce’s electrical systems, from the ‘good-to-go’ self-diagnosis on startup to the system-status LED monitors mounted in the trigger.
JET-FAN – Battery-powered jet-fan inflates a 200L airbag in 3.5 seconds, followed by tear recovery bursts
- MULTIPLE DEPLOYMENTS – Travel-friendly, compact lithium-polymer battery supports 4+ deployments per charge
- AUTO SELF-DIAGNOSIS LED – Lights indicate system status. PIEPS electronics perform ‘good-to-go’ system check on every startup
- LARGER AIRBAGS – Constructed with high-tenacity, puncture resistant automotive airbag material
- DEFLATION – The Airbag automatically deflates after 3 minutes to create a potential air pocket, and aid in extraction
- PRACTICE – The Airbag is easy to repack for multiple deployments or practice at home