Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Kalifornia Dreamin'

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kalifornia Dreamin'
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:53 pm 

So this is a report of a trip I took a little over a year ago. Better late than never I guess. Didn't get as much riding in as was hoped for and that is why this is a report on a trip more so than a trip report. Also, there might be a BN shot or two in here... So if that's not your type of humor, stop reading now! (there are no jewels or junk showing though) :roll:

Anyhow, on with the show! Last winter was pretty much non-existent up here in AK while you all were crushing it down in the lower 48 (the shoe is on the other foot this year, haha). So Jdoneil and myself got the hell outta here and flew to Reno to go to the 2011 Kali Splitfest! Where we were just a little bit starstruck

and the Snow Was Deep!

but it was HOT out, too hot for clothes
...this is where I got a pro call out in. "Tom Burt, I can't believe you're a pro. I'm so much better than you!" I yelled as I put my clothes back on. Racking up the GNAR points baby! (when in Rome)
...I musta been high! on some California meds

But thank goodness Tom's a good humored and all around exceptional guy!

So that wrapped up the "splitfest" portion of our trip. There are a number of photos and words here: 2011 Kali Splitfest photo/stoke/trip report thread. Once again, it was great to meet you all and if you're ever in AK...

So Jd and I went and visited some local attractions

and hiked some cool features in the sun

Then we prepared for our first real adventure

yes, we're ready!

well, maybe...

then came our first challenge, the log crossing...

One of us chose not to cross it... (how not to cross a creek)
Sorry, it wasn't funny at the time, but that Really made me laugh.

Then our goal, Red Slate, came into view

and on our way, we thought we'd hit Pinner!
But the debris at the bottom said No Way

So we set up camp (and dried out some gear/boots)

and woke up the next morning to this

So we made a hasty retreat :nononno:

to these
...not So bad, I guess. I guess

Then we paid homage to Mt Whitney

and tried our luck with Powerhouse
No Luck! Howling Wind and bullet proof snow is all we found :scratch:

So we made our way North past Mono Lake
sorry about that, I kinda warned ya

and up to Tahoe

where we spied this gem
Jake's, Eagle Falls? I have know idea

But we had to climb it!
and yeh, it's a nice view from up there
with a nice pitch

and we were told that when in California, you definitely need a ice axe. So when in Rome...

and what a day!
TAHOE!

Then we moved on to the Desolation area for some new views and some nice tree riding

where there are some more steeps too

and a really cool church for those that need one/don't consider mountains their church

And before leaving, we Had to get at least One chair ride in, all be it a WET one!

'Til next time, all those lines on the East side will have to wait and I'll just keep on dreamin'...

Post subject: Re: Kalifornia Dreamin'
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:01 pm 

You guys sure like getting naked and taking pics of each other. :lol:

Good stuff tho and better late than never! Way to slay it away from home! :thatrocks:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:18 pm 

In Jdoneil's defense, I take neked photos via self-timer. The action photo was taken by one of the Kloster twins as I sped by. Generally no one sees me take neked photos, only the finished product. In my defense, well, HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:21 am 

GawDammit D! You bastard....I think you've got a master plan of putting up sweets shots, and sneaking in nudes... WTFokk.

SnowSavage would you kindly smack D next time you see him.. If you're not too busy taking pictures of D riding down something buck ass nekkid.

-Luther Standing Bear,

http://splitrippin.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:39 am 

Nice TR! Too bad I didn't get to ride with you last spring at splitfest. This TR makes me sad seeing all that snow :(
Btw, your Whitney pic is actually Mt Williamson (2nd tallest in Sierra). But that's ok cuz it's a way radder mountain than Whitney :D
Nice to see you got Emerald/Section 20 chute too!

That Sierra wave pic over Tahoe is sick

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:10 pm 

It was great to see you two come down. Im glad you scored some pow lines out on the crest. I would be more careful of full nudity in California. You could be kidnapped by a bunch of tye dyed wearing weed smoking Hippie chicks on their way to burning man

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:43 pm 

Hmmmm. Maybe I should take some nude shots then. The California hippie chic reaction sounds like a wicked good time, save for the pubes. :disco:

Solid effort though gentlemen. :headbang:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:39 pm 

Sweet! Nice to see you guys made it up hole in the wall! That day on the Plateau was so sick! My best run of the season last year. And that was a good year too.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:40 pm 

Thanks for the info on where we rode BG, as well as letting me know that I still have no idea where and what Whitney is. :oops: :roll: Next time... We'll ride!

SPLITRIPPIN... Thanks for the reply. Your reaction is exactly what I'm looking for and I thank you for that. :lol: :lol: :lol: But please don't involve Snowsavage for he is a great riding partner, and once again... I'm my own photographer. Anyways, he's jumped across the BIG pond once again.

jbaysurfer, as you could see our best riding was with you all at the splitfest and I thank you again for that. You All were Great Hosts! No sooner was the "fest" over and we totally lost sight of all that POW looking for Big Lines. Oh well, once again... Next time!

and TEX, :doobie: :doobie: :doobie: That's Exactly what I was looking for! Dammit, missed out again. Oh well, next time...

Buffy, Like2Ride? Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Peace out all! and once more, 'til next time (no more nudes, I promise) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:44 am 

Who me? What up?

You guys scored some nice lines while you were down here. Solid!