Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - rebuilding the tlt5

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: rebuilding the tlt5
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:56 pm 

I've had a crack develop on the inner tongue so decided to do abit more mods to the boots.Image
you can see the crack on the seam in the injection mould
turning the pivots
installing with m6 tnut
modded to use the outer tongues as well now
as well as adding another strap to beef it up for corn season

Post subject: Re: rebuilding the tlt5
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:27 pm 

Nice work Vapor. Really impressive how you added another strap and it looks really we done. Let us know how you like it. So far, I don't see any reason to add another strap but maybe that will change after I get more time on the gear.

I wonder if they would fix or replace the tongue? But I know, it's more fun to just take this as an excuses to play around in the shop.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:12 am 

Nice mods. I actually moved the stock lower buckle back about 0.5" on mine. This resulted in more heel hold and a better fit for my foot without adding another buckle.
Note that the 2012/2013 "The One" boot from Dynafit will have two buckles on the lower shell, with a heel hold buckle similar to the one you have added. For those looking for a boot with a little more beef than the TLT5, "The One" may be a good choice.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:04 pm 

I got in about 8000ft(minus the asulkan approach) to test things out last weekend

Conditions range from ice to cream corn to cover across the board spring conditions.
the new mods were a bonus. As barrows stated the buckle closer to the ankle locks it down more for a more solid heel.
with the one buckle i always felt like i was putting too much pressure on it but with the ratchet over the ankle it spread the load evenly. Well worth it if you like vice like boots
Pivots feel solid and no problems.
Ended up using the front tongue only as the rear foot still felt better without it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:10 pm 

Same thing happened to me, same place and same cracks on both boots.
Instead of adding something I definitely cut tongues off, so boots are lighter :lol: :lol: