Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: K2 Panoramic
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:56 am 

Thanks for the first hand beta! I was hoping someone who has been using it would reply. You say not by choice....same here. I was only thinking about the Poacher because of the hook up factor. That being said I found the K2 Panoramic to be a possible choice. The Voile hardware and the K2 shape and prefit skin setup looks to be the way! I have a possible hook up with Witerstick....no skins or binders. Tom Burt Pro or the big daddy swallowtail! All I see Is $$$$$$$$ before the first steps up hill ever happen!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:41 pm 

havent seen the k2 split but ive ridden some of their boards in the past. they are muy bueno.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:34 pm 

Anyone have an end-of-the-season review they would like to share about the K2 Panoramic?

I just scored a sweet deal for the 154 cm K2 Panoramic splitboard kit for the wife from Backcountry.com on closeout via GearTrade.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:43 am 

I was pleased with the Panoramic package. The pre-fit skins and the clip setup is awesome! Even though the board is freestyle oriented, it carves suprizingly well. As soon as got used to the rocker and the shape I was hook on it. Great value for sure! Karakoram hardware would be the only upgrade :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:16 am 

I have been stoked with my 162 Panoramic. Probably rode it 30 days this year. This was my first board with rocker and I definitely like it. In retrospect I may have gone with a longer board but 90% of the time this board floats just fine. I core-shot the board while under full power and besides a slightly looser connection between the clips no harm done. The K2 skins are great with the hole in the board and the piece on the skin that fits in snug. There are some sweet deals on this board right now and I have been happy with mine.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:28 am 

I found this review on SplitboardReviews.com: http://www.splitboardreviews.com/Splitboard-detail/k2-panoramic-splitboard-review/

The Panoramic arrives tomorrow.