Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:51 pm 

I used thermofit liners. They're bathtubs. I didn't care, though. They're fucken awesome boots and I could not give myself blisters no matter how long I hiked or skinned. Plus I led WI4+, maybe WI5- in them. Can't beat that with a dead monkey on a stick.

I got a pair of TLT700's for this season, though. Will probably use the Nuptses for fun stuff and the TLT's for serious don't-fuck-up descents. I do need to get a bigger outer boot for the left, though. Maybe I can wheedle something out of Sportiva somehow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:05 am 

ttriche wrote:
I used thermofit liners. They're bathtubs. I didn't care, though. They're fucken awesome boots and I could not give myself blisters no matter how long I hiked or skinned. Plus I led WI4+, maybe WI5- in them. Can't beat that with a dead monkey on a stick.

Great to hear!

Well...i stumbled into a pair for $200. 1 season old...look great!

Ill just have to wait for some snow and try the different liners out....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:19 am 

ttriche wrote:

I found that cramming a $30 pair of thermofit liners into mine made it so that I could walk for miles without blisters, in addition to giving me better heel hold.

Question....

Where do i get $30 Thermofits and how did you size those liners to fit the boot shell?

For shits and giggles i tried to thow my Scarpa Thermos(from my tele boots) in and they didnt come close to fitting......

Thanx for any help!

PS. I rode resort one day in them and LOVED THEM!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:24 am 

$30 thermofits -- you need to be between a size 8 and a size 10 -- I bought mine from www.sidewayspeople.com ... if you look around on their site for "Boot Liners" you will see that they have (or had) size 9 Morrow liners for ~$30. They're Intuition foam just like the $200 liners, only they cost $30.

Good luck! You can mold them yourself (I did), there are many tutorials floating around on the web. Wear a thick-ish sock and/or a toe cap, and sit back on your heels a little. Or get them professionally done if you prefer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:34 am 

Awesome! Found them and they have them.

My Boots are 9's, so a 9 liner will work right? Or should i get the 8 to fit the shell better? Im just concerned cause when i put my Scarpa thermo fit 9 in, it didnt fit...

Thanx again dood!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:47 am 

I would have got the shells ½ size bigger and kept liners your normal foot size. This would allow the liner to fit in the shell but still allow the liner to be properly sized. Since you already bought the boots you can't really do that. You could try downsizing your liner ½ size but you may find it too cramped. You may also find that your normal size in the liner fits easier into the boot over your Scarpa liner, maybe not.

Good luck. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:52 am 

bcrider wrote:
I would have got the shells ½ size bigger and kept liners your normal foot size. This would allow the liner to fit in the shell but still allow the liner to be properly sized. Since you already bought the boots you can't really do that. You could try downsizing your liner ½ size but you may find it too cramped. You may also find that your normal size in the liner fits easier into the boot over your Scarpa liner, maybe not.

Good luck. :)

I kinda lucked into the boot and it fit for a crazy deal!

That $30 liner is only in Full sizes which is a bummer, but for $30, i might just try anyway, and if they dont work, throw it in my soft-boots....

Im hoping my scarpas are just thicker...

we'll see what ttriche has to say!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:48 am 

What a deal!!!!!!!! Bought 2 pair some fit materials and bindings shims

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:37 pm 

ttriche,

did you sell your 44 Nuptse's?

that's my size...

would be interrested if you still have them?

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:30 am 

The Morrow liners are pretty thin, I suggest that you stay true to size or even go down a size if you have to. I used a pair of size 9 liners in my 44's all winter and had no problems, it's only when I got the Haglund's deformity going (think "dewclaw" or "golf ball sized lump on my heel") that things got a little tight in the left boot...

Jared Hump, who originally turned me and a zillion other people on to these liners, made a really good point way back when -- as long as you're within a size or so of fitting, these liners are formless enough (and the Intuition foam is compliant enough) that you can make it work. It looks like Scott @ sidewayspeople now has the 8's and 10's in stock too, so there's gonna be another run on the bank I guess!

ssatler -- I still have my 44's. Make me a reasonable offer and they're yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:10 am 

Got me a pair of 8's.

Thanx again man!

Syked to get em in and rockin....now to fix a powerstrap to the upper cuff og the boot!