Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: OR splitfest 4/20 -- Don't 4get2getd0wn!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:47 pm 

also all splitboard festival attendee's will get 15% off any related purchase this week from Next Adventure.

just come on in and say spliff test! uhhh...i meant split fest...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:21 pm 

I'm thinking a crevasse rescue kit could come in handy with the beer. Some rope and pulleys could make a steep stretch a lot easier. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:01 pm 

I'm coming solo from the Seattle area and have room for 2 people and gear. I was planning on leaving Friday morning, possibly getting there in time to help others with the keg sled. PM me if interested.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:23 pm 

heazy wrote:
I'm coming solo from the Seattle area and have room for 2 people and gear. I was planning on leaving Friday morning, possibly getting there in time to help others with the keg sled. PM me if interested.

Sounds good, thanks for coordinating a rideshare for the Seattle homies.

My car is full, but there should be a bunch of us heading up kinda early ish on Friday. Portland people start posting up here to get the rideshares going.

Planning to start hauling the keg sled up the hill at 2pm on Friday. See y'all at the trailhad...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:59 pm 

I'm not leaving the SW until around 5:30, or later on Friday. PM me if you want to get on the late bus.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:55 pm 

We're leaving Portland around 11AM on Friday as we've got a meeting in Hood River on the way out. Probably at TH around 2 as well (PM for cell # and we can organize meet up), can help with the keg sled and as my buddy is going to be on slowshoes unless he gets that rental from Next Adventure we'll be moving slow regardless.

Couple quick Q's:

-Does Next Adventure rent beacons? My buddy Dante needs one, and while I thought about putting a stud sensor on some nylon webbing figured that wasn't the best first experience for him :mrgreen:
-What weight bag are you guys bringing? I figure between the fire in the hut and the 25 bodies it's not going to be that cold in there, no?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:22 pm 

bigdood wrote:
We're leaving Portland around 11AM on Friday as we've got a meeting in Hood River on the way out. Probably at TH around 2 as well (PM for cell # and we can organize meet up), can help with the keg sled and as my buddy is going to be on slowshoes unless he gets that rental from Next Adventure we'll be moving slow regardless.

Couple quick Q's:

-Does Next Adventure rent beacons? My buddy Dante needs one, and while I thought about putting a stud sensor on some nylon webbing figured that wasn't the best first experience for him :mrgreen:
-What weight bag are you guys bringing? I figure between the fire in the hut and the 25 bodies it's not going to be that cold in there, no?

I believe Next does rent beacons. Check with Chris.

Your buddy should really try to get a splitboard for the splitfest... :scratch: I'm sure Chris could help with that too. Try to piece something together... Mountain Shop also rents them and might do a super cheap rental / loaner this late in the season. Check with Nick in the tune shop there, he's probably coming to the splitfest too.

I'm bringing my 15 degree bag (only one I got...) and am planning to sleep on the balcony outside. :doobie: It'll be plenty warm, you could probably even do a summer bag and be fine. (High is sposed to be 50 on Saturday)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:31 pm 

Quick update: Meeting time for the keg sledders / early crew will be 2pm on Friday at the TJ trailhead. First come / first tapped / first served... :guinness:

Also, Chris at Next told me about some group from Mt. Hood Community College that is planning on coming. Any of you guys know about this / part of the group? Today was the first I heard of it, and we are already over capacity in the cabin. No more spots.

So if you know anyone in this group, please tell them they are welcome to come tour and hang, but spots in the cabin and our precious keg beer belongs to THOSE WHO HAVE PAID. Everyone else who wants to come at this point is welcome to snow camp / cave.

Chronic can definitely direct your building an epic snow fortress I'm sure. :rock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:48 pm 

Jefe009 wrote:
bigdood wrote:

I believe Next does rent beacons. Check with Chris.

Your buddy should really try to get a splitboard for the splitfest... :scratch: I'm sure Chris could help with that too. Try to piece something together... Mountain Shop also rents them and might do a super cheap rental / loaner this late in the season. Check with Nick in the tune shop there, he's probably coming to the splitfest too.

I'm bringing my 15 degree bag (only one I got...) and am planning to sleep on the balcony outside. :doobie: It'll be plenty warm, you could probably even do a summer bag and be fine. (High is sposed to be 50 on Saturday)

Yuuup trying to convince him but he lost his job about 2 months back so his $$ is tight (mostly because his girlfriend wears the pants... :lol: ) and doesn't want to drop $100+ on a weekend rental if he can avoid it. Believe me tho, I'm giving him sh*t about it, sadly if I was up in WA this week I could borrow a friend's board/beacon/probe/etc. for him. I'll tell him to ping Mountain Shop and try and brodown with them.

Cool re: the bag, figured my 30 (which I guess is more like a 40...) would be enough in the cabin.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:08 pm 

if he wants the venture set-up it runs 40$ a day. can also loan him out the 160 voile (one busted tip clip on skins but voile straps or duct tape will work) no charge.

sorry we dont rent beacons. i wish.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:09 pm 

christoph benells wrote:
if he wants the venture set-up it runs 40$ a day. can also loan him out the 160 voile (one busted tip clip on skins but voile straps or duct tape will work) no charge.

sorry we dont rent beacons. i wish.

Awesome! I'll pick up a few Voile straps for him as I left mine in a cabin in Baker. Beacons, yeah, figured as that seems like potential liability issues waiting to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:33 pm 

The Mountain Shop rents beacons.
I'm rolling solo from Tigard, planning on making the 2 pm meet up. If anyone wants to carpool shoot me a pm. Pretty much all of Portland is on my way from Tigard. I could take 2 more people w/ gear.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:53 pm 

Does anyone have a battery operated way to amplify music they could bring along? I'm thinking something that we could plug phones or ipods into, but that doesn't need ac power. Some tunes at the cabin would be cool...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next