Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: **Front Range, CO Split Thread**
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:44 am 

R there not too many splitters in CO or what?! This thread seems dead. Hope everyone is out riding haha.. Well anywho I recently moved back to CO, live in Boulder n am pretty flexible to ride during the week n weekend this season. Just got into splitting last year. Hope to have a sled soon so if anyone's down to ride Vail Pass and Rabbit Ears that know the area well, is safety conscious, and want a lift in. Hit me up. Also down to explore RMNP more and I frequent Loveland Pass. I used to frequent Berthoud Pass but honestly haven't made it there in a little bit since I got back... Hmmm I like cookies and this guy cracks me up :drool:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:05 am 

I'm looking to get out for a tour before Saturday. I'm located in NoCo. Will ride with anyone who has common sense, the three essentials and a safe mind. PM me or reply on the thread with contact info.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:10 pm 

I'm going to be in Denver this coming Monday and Tuesday.
I would love to get out a tour for a day if anyone is interested.

I live in Big Sky, MT and I try to get out touring regularly. I am Avy 1 certified and am comfortable in the backcountry.

Let me know if you want to get out, pm me or send me an email at ajansen1090@gmail.com.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:08 am 

whats up all!? new to this site. Ive been riding colorado for a while now, looking to explore more. BP, VP where ever. Just got my first split so excited to go tour more. avy one certified and looking for similar minded people to explore with, must use safe travel skills. lets play safe and often! mostly riding on weekends. hit me up lets find the goods! :drool:

rio- hit me up-- where your at sounds fun, I to know BP and a little VP, and live and ride in similar areas. fstrwgn@yahoo.com

you should do this RMNP split fest thing in end of april. should be fun.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:52 am 

Cometogether - Where are you based out of?

I am a fairly new splitboarder myself, long time resort rider. New to colorado as of last summer, Level 1 certified as of last month with the essentials, but without transportation most days (wife takes the car to work mostly). Very conservative in the BC and working on my splitting skills.

Let me know if your in the Boulder County area maybe we can meet up and go explore a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:27 am 

whats up! im in the front range (wetminster) and down to go explore. my goals are, explore terrain, go to new places and revisit old ones. Im interested in touring some of the old colorado ski resorts. hidden valley in estes, guenella pass area, and stuff near cameron pass. ALSO when I get a bit more comfy, bigger places like the cliffs on top of VP and all the peaks around berthoud pass. Shooting for a day of splitting and a day of resort riding. certified through alpine world accents and ready to go with my gear. Lets get out there and see whats available to ride. what I will ride if the conditions allow is a WHOLE other story. :rock:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:54 am 

hitting this thread in the chest saying DONT DIE ON ME WINTER!!!!!!!!! what up peeps ? lets go play in the snow!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:49 am 

Thanks for smacking some sense into us cometogether! I have been battling a little lack of snow depression lately, mostly by pretending that winter is really over (mountain biking, climbing). BUT, I would actually really like to get a little more time on the split before I really have to hang it up AND things are pretty stable out there (until late afternoon at least).

I am totally down for a trip somewhere, only problem is I lack transportation about 50% of the days I'm off. If you want to go check out RMNP, or Indian Peaks I think I am on the way there (in Lafayette) and I would totally put up the gas $$. Let me know if you're interested, maybe Thursday, Friday or even the weekend. I hear there may be some snow on the way this weekend too...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:37 am 

sounds good! last weekend was kind of a bust, temps stayed to cold during the week and even though it warmed nicely saturday ABAY was SOLID ice all day till about 3 then finally started to soften. was planning on doing a tour out near vail last sunday but temps told me it might not get soft and it was easter so I just hung around denver. I have a friend I've been touring with a couple times in RMNP and he's real cool, im going to try and get ahold of him for sunday since thats the best chance to have some freshies on the ground. not sure what to expect with snow totals but really kind of need a fair amount since it will be COLD AND SOLID if no new snow.. shoot me a text later this week. im in westy and could probably swoop you up and do rmnp EARly sunday if conditions are right. Im also looking to do some berthoud faces before the year ends. any interest in that?
7)934-4258 eric

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:40 am 

and right now Im strictle weekends... lame yes, but splitting means much less people to begin with.. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:34 am 

Think it might be time to revive this thread.

Might be something to actually talk about come Friday night.

Been dying to get out there and been spending the last couple weekends just hiking some of the BC areas to get some terrain familiarity. Might go head up somewhere just to watch the snow fall Saturday.

Was up at Loveland Pass last weekend just enjoying the view.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:46 am 

There might actually be enough snow to get some turns on the west side at Bert. Strictly the CDT runs, as they are pretty grassy. Hard to say for sure. Bring a rock board. I would go check it out Saturday, but poor me has to go to the GABF...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:20 am 

PPABST? (pikes peak area backcountry split touring?) Anybody? Moving back to Divide in 2 weeks or so, looking to get out and explore some of the mini golf terrain in the area. Avy aware, into snow study, fairly conservative, err-on-the-side-of-caution kinda guy. Would like to scout out some local spots for quick day trips, and post ride :guinness: 's.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next