Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Help with finding new Split board
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:55 pm 

I've ridden the unicorn chaser, it was a lot of fun and pretty much fits the description of what you are looking for, a short agile board that likes to be surfed in pow and in steep & deep trees. They aren't kidding when they say it floats like a big swallowtail and turns like a shortboard.

If you want you can take my Odin for a spin, I believe it's fairly similar to the Storm - a bit stiffer though. I'll be up at Cain on closing weekend, and I'll also have my 159 Igneous fish (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11218) which you could try out if there is any powder ;]

Only other boards I've ridden are the Prior AMF, Jones Hovercraft, some un-named Chimera swallowtail, and the Option Signature that I learned to snowboard on :P. As far as rocker/camber/etc profiles go, I'm pretty sold on the less extreme and closer to flat profile boards, with some rocker in the nose.

That's super shitty about your board being stolen, where was it taken from?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:43 am 

jerrett wrote:
I've ridden the unicorn chaser, it was a lot of fun and pretty much fits the description of what you are looking for, a short agile board that likes to be surfed in pow and in steep & deep trees. They aren't kidding when they say it floats like a big swallowtail and turns like a shortboard.

If you want you can take my Odin for a spin, I believe it's fairly similar to the Storm - a bit stiffer though. I'll be up at Cain on closing weekend, and I'll also have my 159 Igneous fish (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11218) which you could try out if there is any powder ;]

Only other boards I've ridden are the Prior AMF, Jones Hovercraft, some un-named Chimera swallowtail, and the Option Signature that I learned to snowboard on :P. As far as rocker/camber/etc profiles go, I'm pretty sold on the less extreme and closer to flat profile boards, with some rocker in the nose.

That's super shitty about your board being stolen, where was it taken from?

Outside my house, teen punks or something. Probably didn't even know they were getting a split-board.

I think I'm sold on Chimera, just whether the unicorn or spectre is best for me or I might go back to Prior if I can get a Carbon model, wouldn't mind keepin it local. I'm thinking something light and fun would be more my style. But if I'm up Cain that weekend I'd love to take your odin for a spin, then you can rip my Unicorn when I get that! :headbang:

Last weekend was phenomenal up Cain btw :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:01 pm 

^Haven't been up to Cain in probably 6 years now. Good little hill it is. I keep saying Ill make my way back there next winter