Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - **Washington State Split Thread** 2010 - 2011

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: **Washington State Split Thread** 2010 - 2011
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:36 pm 

Hey Ryan, thanks for the kind words! Sorry if I came off like a dick. I know what a pain in the ass it is to try and find competent partners and feel blessed to have so many up here. I wasn't trying to snub your partner request. I was just saying that ale_capone's post was right on the money from my point of view as well. As you probably know from experience, once you get a solid group of touring pals it's hard to let a new person into that clique if they can't really be vouched for... which is why I thought ale's suggestion of meeting up with the other few folks who'd posted looking for partners was a good suggestion. Best of luck out there!
That's funny what you others guys said about nomad being in town... too bad he didn't find anyone out there. I wound up touring with him on Saturday around Bozeman.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:48 pm 

Weekend warrior looking for partner(s) this April - June.

Just getting my info out there and will most likely PM some of the other newer people in this thread. Unfortunately I was not able to attend the Baker Splitfest due to work. My current ride partner was unfortunate enough to fracture a rib and is now out for the rest of the season (I had done this myself a previous season).

30ish male
proper gear and ability to use it - shovel, probe, beacon, clinometer, etc
recently took 8 hour AAIRE Awareness class @ Stevens Pass
new to split/skinning but 19 years of snowboarding-- I mostly ride Stevens and Baker side country
previous back country experience snowshoeing and hiking/mountaineering

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:00 am 

This may be a long shot. I've recently moved back to Seattle and have weekdays off, so I'm looking for split partners that can get out mid-week.

I have a low level of acceptable risk, don't mind staying in safer terrain at all. I've completed Avy 1 and 2 at Baker in the past 3 years. I'm new to splitting this year but in good shape and have all the necessary gear, and I don't mind driving.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:58 pm 

I'd like to get out this weekend, preferrably somewhere around Snoqualmie or Crystal but I'd be up for Rainier, Stevens or Baker too.

Have level 1 training and all my gear, have maybe 10-15 days splitboard touring and lots hitting slackcountry, I lean toward pretty conservative terrain choices but the forecast looks pretty stable.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:33 pm 

I just got back to WA a couple weeks ago after a winter in Montana. I've made it out touring a few times and am excited to finally be back in a state where the snowpack is a lot more stable. I am pretty new to the backcountry in WA, so I am looking to find partners that are familiar with the area. I am down to ride most weekends, and am somewhat flexible on weekdays. Message me if you want to go ride!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:03 pm 

I'm looking for some WA. Partners. New to splitting but lots of winter mtnring experience. AIARE LVL1 cert.

I'm down to tour anywhere and am located in SEA.

I'm up for week days mostly and some weekends.

Merf

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:54 am 

The anti-Baker Splitfest @ Alpental - May 12th

Love the terrain at Alpental but sick of the lift lines, angst and general douche baggery @ Alpy? Now that the lifts are closed come join a handful of splitters hiking Alpy on May 12th @ 9 am in Lot 2 (the one by the bathrooms). No sponsors, no organization but maybe a bake sale at the end of the day. Lots of snow up there.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:57 am 

I'm still searching for weekday partners. Holla

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:20 pm 

i dont have a split i have approach skis but im down to go anywhere. baker, crystal, stevens. maybe even whistler cus im getting my passport. hit me up for a partner for this coming up season. :drool:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7