Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Silverton Splitfest 2012!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:03 pm 

Another 40" fell in Silverton this week! :drool:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:11 pm 

HELLO?? whats the word on this??? I sent an email to see if this was still going on, wondering how the trips are going to be layed out, I would want to ride with like minded riders and make my time in silverton worth while. someone please respond!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:42 am 

Hey CT, looked at our email, all emails have been responded too by Keffler. Did you send the email to SilvertonSplitfest@gmail.com? You can PM me your name and I can look through the emails if you haven't heard back.

cometogether wrote:
wondering how the trips are going to be layed out

The way we plan on setting this up is as follows. We will have at least 1 guide book that has about 20ish tours outlined in the San Juan Range. Most of these are accessible from the road. I also will have a few maps that will have additional tours outlined for people, and will be available for groups to use during the event. I will try and give as much knowledge as I can including traditional up track and routes, as well as approx vert, and pictures if available. There will be locals around that may or may not want to share their secret stash with you as well. I will be sharing as much knowledge as I have on the area, but I am not a guide. Silverton Avalanche School will also be present and should offer a good amount of knowledge. But at the end of the day it will be up to you to make the decision where to ride.
cometogether wrote:
want to ride with like minded riders and make my time in silverton worth while

We have about 30 registers right now, and from what we have gathered and I assume, finding like minded people to ride with should not be a problem. This is in no way a guided event, but I would expect that a little socialization Thursday night would get you a group to ride with. I would expect like minded people will be there, as we all are splitboarders, and there will be a wide variety of people and skill levels. We also have a list of people showing up, so you can always PM them prior if you feel you would like to ride with them.

If you are concerned that you won't get what you want for tours, we can put you in contact with Southwest Adventure guides for a private guide. But there should be plenty of local knowledge available for you to get tours down that you would like, dependent on the conditions.

Also, a note, we plan to close registration by March 11th, so if you are interested in attending, please get a hold of us as soon as possible by emailing the above email address so we can get you a spot. Thanks for inquiring, sorry you haven't heard back yet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:06 am 

sounds good man, are there any spots left for staying overnight? Im still dialing the details but this sounds fun. I am new to splitting but not new to searching and riding fun terrain. avy 1 and eager to explore new areas. Ill send an email today!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:08 am 

could you outline the area your looking at or hook me up with some maps or the name of the guide book? Id like to look at some route planning and get an idea what the area looks like before Im balls deep. HAHA thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:43 am 

CT, we unfortunately closed out registration for lodging, but you can handle lodging yourself, we have a lot of people doing that as well. There are multiple places in town that you can still stay. The Triangle, Prospector and Grand Imperial Hotel are places to look into. There also may be houses to still rent through Silverton Property Management if you have a large group you know looking for lodging. Googleing lodging in Silverton, Colorado should help if you can't find anything as well. The non lodging option still gets you into the event, giveaways, beer and food.

As for the area we will be riding, anything in a 20 mile radius of Silverton, Colorado will work. This includes stuff up Red Mountain Pass, towards Eureka (east of Silverton), and south towards as far as Coal Bank Pass summit. Most stuff we access can be done straight from the road. The book is called Cold Smoke (I can't find it online). If you need more information, I can help provide some beta on what we look at when route selecting through a PM, there are obviously a lot of factors involved.

Here are links for everything I mentioned above:
http://www.trianglemotel.com/
http://www.prospectormotel.com/
http://silvertonpropertymanagement.com/

Riding area (general) http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Coal+Bank+Pass,+Durango,+CO+81301&daddr=ouray,+co&hl=en&sll=37.746815,-107.72198&sspn=0.227766,0.308647&geocode=FYIAPwIdCpqT-SG_056ZtZg1bA%3BFXQuRAIdZxCV-SnzhnOvfB8_hzHdWykABMgDkA&mra=ls&t=p&z=11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:57 am 

sounds good! im trying to do this on the cheap so if anyone from the denver(westminster) area is going to attend and wants to do it cheap. let me chip and help! cash, gas and grass! hit me up- eric @ fstrwgn@yahoo.com (720)934-4258

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:23 am 

Just and updated on what its looking like in Silverton these days. Stability has dropped to moderate on almost all aspects except low elevation Southern, and people are starting to venture out to more places. Shaping up pretty well!

From Sunday 3/11/12:

Sultan is looking nice:

Bear is as well:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:56 am 

:shock: I gotta go to the bathroom and clean my pants. Cant wait! IM excited to be in the GOOD mountains of colorado!

and.... i want to tour with you. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:13 pm 

Its swampy mud season in Jackson...Getting amped for the South San Juan cooler temps, higher elevations, and more liberal social values :doobie:
Looks like some snow for SW CO in the forcast :rock:
See you guys soon!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:41 pm 

2-3ft of new snow expected by Wednesday morning... Should set us up nice!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:21 am 

getting CLOSER! can we talk carpooling? its a lonely ride by yourself. Im in westminster,and would love to carpool, thursday-sunday off, monday if needed. hit me up fstrwgn@yahoo.com. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:57 am 

+ 14" today... :drool:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next