Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: PDX Splitters unite!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:30 pm 

Rode Timberline Friday. Rainy. Split at Pollallie Ridge on Saturday. Good conditions in the trees. Surprisingly had a bit of sunshine after the whiteout conditions driving over from ZigZag. Sunday rode at Ski Bowl. Outback was nice. Didn't get the deepest pow, but the new snow was decent all-around. Good weekend to be up on the mountain.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:33 pm 

klcfar45 wrote:
Thanks a lot everyone,
Skinned up Tom, Dick, and Harry yesterday and it was a beautiful day. Good snow base, lots of powder, a few tracks and friends - super good time.
The rain is coming early, but hopefully more snow in a few days.

Quote:
It was fun riding with you yesterday Kerry, hopefully we can find some more people on here to get out with

Quote:
Here is a photo of the fun up there

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:07 pm 

I'll be up in Portland for the weekend from Tahoe. If anyone is down to go for a skin Friday or Saturday shoot me a pm. Would love to get out on something mellow and stretch the legs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:20 pm 

Posted this video in the trip reports forum but thought i should post it here as well.
NorthWest Represent!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:52 pm 

[quote="ShredOR"]Posted this video in the trip reports forum but thought i should post it here as well.
NorthWest Represent!

That's awesome Morgan, you've probably got more POV footy of Newton than the entire AT community combined. =)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:48 am 

Watch out!, little tree's.... Morgan's-a-shreddin'.. The terrain definitely syncs up well with Jerry's rolling licks..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:07 pm 

was this your pollalie canyon avy bowl mcmurray? had about a foot deep crown that ran the width of the bowl and ran to the bottom. four or five feet of debris in the fan. from what it looks like maybe slid last week?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:30 am 

Splitting around after work today... maybe starting up Pea Gravel at 12:30. Hit me up if anyone's down, 315-439-6713 or send me a pm. It's kind of like winter just started out here on the mountain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:09 am 

Howdy everyone, hope y'all have been getting out there and gettin some of that snow. Just a feeler / FYI at this point, but some of us were kicking around the idea of doing a mini split fest in the spring for us Oregon folks. We are looking at a bunch of different dates in March/April, and will most certainly be over a weekend. Sorry midweekers! :)

Of course we need a cool venue with some basic facilities. One obvious option is renting out the whole Tilly Jane cabin. Requires a 3 mile skin in with your stuff for the weekend, but its pretty comfortable and could easily accomodate up to 25 splitters. Plus it puts you waking up at 6000 feet close to some really cool terrain.

I know the Mt Baker splitfest is centered around a bar in Glacier, if someone has a hookup on something like that it could be a good option as well, but then you'd need to drive to the trailhead every day. I like the idea of waking up and heading out into the snow straight away.

If anyone has other ideas about venue/location, let's hear 'em.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:48 pm 

I think Tilly Jane is good area for a base camp. There are so many possibilities around Hood for some awesome trips. The only issues I can see with Tilly Jane is availability. I'm not sure if you have kept in contact with the folks that run the cabin, but the U.S. Forest Service website shows the cabin is booked the entire month of March. You should probably get with SketchyT or Drownedrat to see how to setup a splitfest.

Worst case scenario, you can get Chronicracing to dig out some hillside snow-condos on Pea Gravel ridge.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:47 pm 

Good point NW. I checked and the first F/S nights available in conjunction is April 13/14, although 2 people have already booked on that Sat. Sucks for them if we show up. :rock:

The weekend after that is wide open.

However, depending how many heads we get, it may be more cost efficient to just rent another house/cabin in the area. TJ would be $300/night at their standard rate. If we only get 8 or 10 people, it would for sure be more cost efficient to rent another venue for the weekend.

So... head count? How many people would be interested in a weekend long show/hoe down? Let's see how many we get. So far I'm counting on:

Me
ChronicRacing
Aussie Elliot (two planker, but he gets a free pass. Splitboarder at heart.)
Imitationfunk
ShredOR
NWBoarder

Who else? Joey and Chris, I dunno if you can take a weekend off but we'd love to have ya! New heads for sure welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:16 pm 

K, so Tahoe is apparently down to make the trip... we are targeting the weekend of 4/20. If we get like 10 people, we'll get a cabin/house up by Hood. If we can swing 20 people or more, we'll get TJ. I'm moving this to the Events thread, so get on over there and say "I'm in!"

Bonus: first person to donate a snowmobile to help transport kegs gets to stay for free.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12973&p=95141#p95141

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:18 pm 

First things first, here's the pics of the slide. It seems that it wasn't the place.

Second, I'm hucking a waterfall on 4/20, but a skin up that weekend for a fiesta would be awesome!

[

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 39  Next