Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: who said that?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:02 pm 

Maybe I spend too much time here and not splitboarding?... oh yeah, avi warning today, and I'm stoned.. anyhow, just doing some catch up reading. I was speed reading through a thread and not even bothering to look to see who was posting. a couple lines into a particular post, and I could tell who was talking without looking.

" Snowboarding is an art, it's beautiful. Backcountry snowboarding takes it to another level when you add a blank canvas that's only limited by your own creativity. I consider myself a creative person despite the fact I can't draw, paint or take pictures or videos worth crap. Still I find it fun to be creative. Is it narcissitic or impure for an artist to want to share his painting? I don't think so. "

While I think there are many ways you can enjoy your day on snowboard, this particular quote just grabs my attention. It's something I have fully come to admire and respect. Speak of inspiration. And not even from just the above author, but others who generally have the same train of thought. The mindset has somewhat changed the way I think about splitboarding. and also gave me some introspect into why I feel so much more fulfilled at the end of the day when I have all the time, and canvas I need to do my piece.

I don't even think it matters the angle of the terrain, the distance of the approach, or vertical feet climbed. True artistry is something you create, and put forth in hopes of doing what any other artist with their mediums do. Inspire others. Maybe the public wont like it, but who cares if you stayed true to your vision.

What the heck is this even about anyways??

whatever you make it... guess the quotee, add your own thoughts on artistic splitboarding,
tell me to STFU , it's about rando racing and resumes... searching for powder, whatever, but then that would just be your interpetation, eh? your canvas, not mine.

:doobie:

Post subject: Re: who said that?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:27 pm 

the snow is the canvas... this is where style comes to play. its not who rides the steepest line or hits the biggest drop, its how you look doing it... or how your track looks in the snow. anyone can ride a 2000 foot coulior, not everyone can make awesome surfy turns on just the right wave...it takes some creative forethought to do so.

dont know who said it, but i like it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:30 pm 

ale_capone wrote:
and I'm stoned..

angry bird is tweeker weed stay away

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:19 pm 

Wasn't it Utah who said that? Oh, and FWIW I totally agree.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:58 pm 

Yes, UTAH,

Post subject: Re: POV Footage, I hate it., Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:04 pm

Nice words.

Arch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:53 pm 

^^^Hey, thanks for that, appreciate it. It is nice to know others out there share the same mindset/perspective. I think alot of us on this site have come along ways, I know I have at least. We bring our snowboard resort attitudes to the mtns with this idea we have to slay or kill every slope. That wiggles are "gay", meadow skipping is for hippies and if you don't drop every 50 footer on the way down your just a puss. Then the mtns have a way of humbling us and we start to realize it's really the conditions and the mtn that decides the line we take and every line is just that person interpretation of the mtns that day, their personal expression, their art.

Speaking of Art,I thought this was some beautiful art by some skiers from yesterday. Not my style but I still think it's pretty.
Take care

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:44 pm 

Yeeeeeah buddy.

LOVE IT!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:45 am 

i have heard too much about the stars aligning, the waiting game, and the blank canvas.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:42 pm 

word.. since I ran my mouth, this was yesterday. about as blank as it gets. draw outside the lines and find windslabs or windloaded.

I like drawing on the up just as much as the way down.

I'll write a story of some sort about the past couple months when I get a chance..