Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Cutting skins for a Magne-traction board

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cutting skins for a Magne-traction board
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:21 pm 

Just got a T.Rice 164.5 and some new G3 skins. I'm wondering if I just cut the skins along the magne like one would on a regular side cut or should they be cut straight?

Thoughts? Guidance?

Thanks in advance,

-n

Post subject: Re: Cutting skins for a Magne-traction board
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:17 pm 

I'd recommend cutting them straight so that when you fold them together for storage they'll match up with the other half and therefore not expose the glue to dust and what not.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:07 am 

definitely straight...for what Sam said and they'll be more durable than a wavy edge and glide better.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:31 am 

I cut skins for two Mervin boards on Monday and my own in the fall. I have about 15 days on mine so far and haven't had a problem with the skins cut to match the mag' sidecut. I out-glide most of the people that I skin with too. Cut it either way, I doubt you'll ever actually notice a difference in real use.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:01 pm 

Jason4 wrote:
...Cut it either way, I doubt you'll ever actually notice a difference in real use.

+1 to that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:47 pm 

Ya, I ended up just cutting with the Magne. It was much easier to do and it's pretty mellow so I figured what the hell. Also, it gives the skins more surface area, which in practice won't do much, but as a placebo it serves well for my uphill struggles :)

Thanks all!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:57 pm 

I cut to shape on all the Jones boards, have had no failure or problems at all with the skins performance, glide and or storing them, comes down to personal preference. Enjoy the ride

CP