Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: PDX Splitters unite!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:30 pm 

Nice, sounds like a plan. Text me for meetup time, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:37 pm 

Been a long time for me since all my BC partners have moved on, and with my work situation (or lack thereof) can make it out on most days w/ some advanced notice. If anyone doesn't mind me tagging along Thurs, Fri, whenever DM me. Not on the site much these days but that will at least spit an email to my phone. :headbang:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:07 pm 

What's up bigdood. We've been doing day trips most weekends, mostly at Hood but we were at Helens last weekend. Always down to ride with new peoples. Got any good spots? 8)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:24 pm 

Sadly no, up here have only done Helens and Adams close in, and Crystal for a little further away.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:46 pm 

I have Sunday off to tour if anyone is riding then ?

Jim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:25 pm 

wow yesterday was a good one. hit up 5 laps in newton canyon in awesome snow.

there were a couple of hazards out there though...
we went up to the treeline to check out the snow and the runs. it was looking super wind loaded so we decided to drop a cornice onto the slope to see if anything would release (we knew there was no one below us on this slope) we didnt see anything go. It was semi white-out conditions, we decided to ski down 60 feet or so through the trees down onto the slope to where we would dig a pit.

the clouds cleared and we looked to our left and on the open slope there was a 50-60 foot wide fracture that slid for a couple hundred feet. it was only 6-8 inches deep and only included the top layer of wind loaded snow, but it was more than enough to make us stick to the trees all day.

In the creek bottoms there were several holes, some a few inches across, some a couple of feet across that you could look down into, but not see the bottom. probably around 15 feet deep and if you fell in you'd have a hell of a time getting out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:59 pm 

Nice one Chris! Thanks for the heads up on the conditions. Yeah the snow there stays pretty nice in the trees usually.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:04 pm 

Hey, Is anyone willing to share info on the easiest route up helens? I'm thinking about going monday for a quick hit summit bid. Times, lengths and trailheads would be great...

Also would be down to get out Tuesday for a long one if anyones interested...

I'll be on the split near meadows the next couple days I work at three if anyones interested in bopping around.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:43 pm 

Joeyzims wrote:
Hey, Is anyone willing to share info on the easiest route up helens? I'm thinking about going monday for a quick hit summit bid. Times, lengths and trailheads would be great...

Also would be down to get out Tuesday for a long one if anyones interested...

I'll be on the split near meadows the next couple days I work at three if anyones interested in bopping around.

Don't do it, unless you like to ice skate... No, but seriously you might want to find out if the snow has softened up before you head up there. I would wait for a decent dump. I was sliding all over the place. The route we took up on Saturday through Marble Mount Sno-Park was easy. You just follow the trail out to Monitor Ridge. Good Luck.

Is the snow up decent on the open faces at Mt Hood or is it hardpack?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:57 pm 

Saturday? Somewhere? Conditions aren't epic, but I need to preemptively do something active before eating fried turkey and drinking beers on Sunday.

But it's going to be 52 and sunny in PDX...maybe I'll just go on a bike ride. Not used to that option this time of year...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:09 am 

mofoco wrote:
Saturday? Somewhere? Conditions aren't epic, but I need to preemptively do something active before eating fried turkey and drinking beers on Sunday.

But it's going to be 52 and sunny in PDX...maybe I'll just go on a bike ride. Not used to that option this time of year...

We are riding White River canyon tomorrow... you are welcome to roll with. Leaving from my house in SE Portland at 6am, pm me for details if you want to come with.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:40 pm 

Hey Guys,

I am currently not working and am living the life of a snowboarding dirtbag. This means i am available to get out and tour any day. I know it hasn't snowed in a week but i am convinced there is some powder hiding in stashes on the north facing slopes. I have a pass to Meadows and ride there when i do not have a touring partner but would rather get out in the backcountry. I am in good shape and a consider myself a good snowboarder. Send me a PM or hit me up if you want to go out on a tour.

Shred on Players!
Morgan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:41 pm 

Hey Guys,

I am currently not working and am living the life of a snowboarding dirtbag. This means i am available to get out and tour any day. I know it hasn't snowed in a week but i am convinced there is some powder hiding in stashes on the north facing slopes. I have a pass to Meadows and ride there when i do not have a touring partner but would rather get out in the . I am in good shape and a consider myself a good snowboarder. Send me a PM or hit me up if you want to go out on a tour.

Shred on Players!
Morgan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 39  Next