Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hovercraft Split
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:35 pm 

finger joints = environmentally friendly :thumpsup:

quote Lib Tech

http://business.transworld.net/81338/uncategorized/lib-tech-201213-snowboards-preview/

Quote:
Are you taking any steps to minimize your environmental impact? If so, what are some of these steps?

We build all our own boards in our own factory and have been working to minimize our environmental impact for 30 years. Some of the basics that go on every day at Mervin are finger jointing to maximize wood core yields

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:23 am 

Looks like mine is somehow magically on it's way. Got the email it shipped. Have to admit, kind of glad I was out of town and never dealt with the final cancellation of my backorder.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:53 am 

I got a hover and flagship this week and they're both stunning. happy customer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:42 am 

Sounds like Jones got a huge shipment in recently. Boards starting to show up left and right. I have a new Solution on the way. :rock:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:28 pm 

Got my Hover split today. Looks great! Worth the wait.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:42 am 

Got mine last week, has the offset graphic problem and was discounted, that issue does show poor quality control, but unless the deck fails it really doesn't bother me. rides amazing, very happy I waited.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:17 am 

Finally was able to take my Hovy Split out for 3 days of 30" fresh this past weekend. An unbelievable ride!

Floats oh so well, with super-snappy turns. The most fun I've had out this year.

:bow: :bow: :bow: HoverCraft

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:42 pm 

I got to take my solid Hover60 out this weekend too - first impression is amazing ride. It was a powder day, well on the trails since off-piste is still low tide in Tahoe, but I didn't get out till the afternoon due to a morning obligation. So I ended up riding in crud/chop all day with a few precarious fresh turns wherever I felt I could get away with it.

Comparing it to my last powder board, a cambered Malolo62, the Hover60 was night and day. The rockered flex in the nose was great and the turn initiation was super smooth. The 9.5m sidecut felt so nice when I railed it on the edge. I set my stance at the factory setback and it was almost perfect right out of the box. I think I can sweeten the turn in a bit with a 1/4" shift forward on the stance, but if not I will be more than happy with the factory setback.

In chopped up powder and heavy crud, I've never felt more in control. The smaller taper, combined with the longer sidecut and rockered nose really shined compared to the Malolo. No more skipping the tail out due to overpressuring the nose! Oh and that STIFF tail, Ooo la la !!! Whenever you get thrown into the backseat or generally bounced around, it just puts you back in the driver's seat and back in command. :rock:

I can't wait to ride it again in "real" powder conditions :headbang:

I also got to ride my solid Flagship 58 the following day, riding packed powder with a few low tide powder stashes. Again, stellar nose flex profile and turn initiation. The blunted nose and tail feel nice w/swing weight in the air. The board has very similar dimensions (2mm narrower nose/tail) to my 6yo Option Signature but with 1/2 meter longer sidecut. Wow, the board hauls serious ass. Holds the carve at high speed without chatter or fighting to make tracking corrections.

Only complaint thus far (other than the cosmetic topsheet finish) is that the tail could be a bit stiffer to get a bit more pop. Going to play with setback position a smidge just like on the Hovercraft next time to see if that helps. I think the sidecut could go longer like the Hover, but was markedly better than the Option at full chit. Overall a very nice ride :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:19 pm 

The pucks and bindings arrived in early Jan and I finally got to ride my Hovercraft split it the conditions it was built for on Thu Jan 26th at Mt. Baker.

It works as advertised. My friend's legs were ready to drop by lunchtime, but my back leg was perfectly happy to ride through the day.

You'll still get bucked around in crud/chop, but it's controllable. The magnatraction was tested a few weeks ago on some scratchy stuff at Grouse Mountain and it works well also!

I plan to tweak the front binding back about an inch and I expect that to help it float even more!

Definitely happy with it so far. The only thing I can't do is make it go in a straight line when riding with only 1 foot strapped in... for some reason it wants to spin on me and I can't stop it... but that is probably rider error... or maybe something to do with the taper.

And yes, it is possible to ride it switch, as you can see if you fast forward to 1:39 in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HjtfKVQBNU

-hps

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:43 pm 

Hp_Sauce wrote:

It works as advertised.

Looks sweet man! On another note, are you eating snow at the end of the video?!! :shock: :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:50 pm 

Ninjaphoto.se wrote:
Hp_Sauce wrote:

It works as advertised.

Looks sweet man! On another note, are you eating snow at the end of the video?!! :shock: :D

Guilty. Om nom nom!

-hps

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:55 am 

I have 2 seasons in Whistler on the solid Hovercraft in a 156 - I absolutely love it.
Pretty much my go to board unless I feel like riding park all day.

Wish I had it in a split! Actually I probably will next season :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:11 pm 

Hi just ordered a 156 Hovercraft split - what length of G3 skins are people using on it ? I have the mediums for my 161 board, can the mediums be adjusted for the 156 hovercraft?

thanks in advance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next