Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wasatch Splitters...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:00 pm 

Any one gotten out yet? Still seems kind of sparse and I don't really have a board or body that I'm ready to abuse. Any beta, thoughts, experiences? I know some of our AT brethren have hit is a few times and the avy reports are starting to flow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:21 pm 

I don't think theirs enough up there at least not on friday. It's hard to be patient after such an incredible start last year. A good place to go when we do get a descent dump, if your worried about your board is snowbird to take groomers, not as good as pow but at least you can see what under you, and a lot less people and a little more vert than Alta. However you have to be double O7, cause they close it down so that the employees with the inn can take trammers, stupid heads.

Post subject: New to UT Splitboarder
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:17 pm 

I just moved here from CO in April. Looking for more splitfools to show me the ropes here in UT. I'm a little slow up , sometimes my Burton split hardware is fussy, but I have been out on my split quite a bit in CO, have good avy training (have beacon, probe, shovel), I'm getting faster on the ups and can hang on the downhills.

Always down to find good snow, give a shout if a group is heading out and wouldn't mind me tagging along to learn the spots around here.

Over and out,
UB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:09 pm 

been out twice on the weekend, first time on my split... loved it! no more f'n snowshoes for me!

all pow.. didn't touch bottom once :) Gotta love Fernie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:54 pm 

Baker, I'm always looking for dawn patrol partners if you're up for that kind of thing, PM me with vitals.

As for you Dweller, didn't realize Fernie had moved to UTAhrghhh.., but glad to hear you're enjoying the snow up there and gettin' some on the new split. Hopefully the Wasatch will fill in soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:37 am 

I'm ready for a first tour.

I sold my house in Summit Park at the top of Parleys Summit. It sucks because there was 1600ft of vertical accessible from my backyard. Its good because my girls will have neighbors who aren't hermits and not have to worry about being trampled by the many moose.

Anyways... We're travelling the US in a motorhome right now but I'll be flying into SLC 11/17 to pack up and move our stuff into storage. Who's up for some riding? PM me your phone number and I'll call when Im done with the task. I will be in the area as long as the riding is good or 11/26, whichever comes first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:29 pm 

Ok, it's snowing now, any Utah splitters getting out? DJ, Shredder, Bueller, Bueller....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:36 pm 

Saturday 9:30AM Alta. Be there or be square.

Post subject: Utah splitting
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:56 pm 

9:30!!! Somebody needs to stop drinking so much wine! I solo'd it this morning on a pre-work dawn patrol, and got up at 4AM. Where were you guys?

Out 5 days this season so far. I'm out every weekend, so PM me if anyone wants to join in. Also plan on at least one dawn patrol per week.

Surf's Up 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:06 pm 

Get some for me :D

BTW - website looks real good DJ.

Post subject: I might be in
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:34 pm 

Hey there Wasatch splitters!

I am wanting to get up and explore the new snow (old snow to some now :x ). Anyone heading up Sat. or Sun.? I am new to SLC and need to learn the locations and a bit about the snowpack from the locals. I am not the fastest climber but I am working on it. The split is staring at me and telling me it needs some turns this season, it hasn't been out since the 4th of July in Silverton, CO. I have spent the a lot of time riding in CO with short trips to UT. Need to learn the goods from you all that know now that I live here.

Shoot me a PM or post a reply and I'll do what I can to make it.

UB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:07 am 

I love it D.J. So Saturday for sure, is 9:30 good or earlier. Does it need some time to soften up or what you tell me. I ain't no square. Yahh Yahh. let's do dis. Ill call you anyways but post just in case. Unruly baker you better hop on that stairmaster we ain't messin around. See you guys at the spot. that's Alta lower parking lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:14 pm 

Thanks UT,

Not gonna be able to make it Sat. :x :x :x

Do'H!!!

Have fun, I'm heading to CO Wed. for Thanksgiving and my first turns will have to wait until then. I'll put in my stairmaster time and get-used-to-the-split-again time there in order to be able to hang with you guys when I get back. CO has more snow than us now :cry: , but hopefully when I get back things will have changed :wink: .

I'll check back here when I get back and try to meet up with you all then.

UB