Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2nd annual Canuck Splitfest presented by Prior
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:20 am 

Any other noobs like me? I've only got half a dozen split tours under my belt, so I'd rather hook up with slower/mellow folks so I'm not an anchor.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:27 pm 

hey there do to some complication with my credit card expiring in december apparently my room was not confirmed and they didn't take the time to let me know does anyone have space for two people?

and now apparently the hotel is full and they didn't hold that spot obviously, two guys in there 20s coming down from edmonton

text me or pm me

seven eight 0 nine 7 four 5 two five five

my name is jason

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:55 pm 

Does anyone know if the gas station is open this year? I got screwed last year when the hotel atm was out of order, the gas station was shut down , and the hotel staff weren't interested in doing a cashback deal thru their interac- just something to think about.

Also, everybody should have a look at Todays avi report - raincrust and high danger rating :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:52 pm 

Yeah the conditions right now aren't too inspiring leading into the weekend. Only grizzly open today.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:18 pm 

after having thought about the conditions the entire day and reading all the reports, it is sadly that me and my buddy will bail on this splitfest... The Sea-to-Sky area is announced to settle quite a bit, so my gas money will more go in the direction of whistler... (shame on me I know...)

have fun peops, and stay safe out there!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:24 pm 

Stoked! Last year was a blast. Leaving Rossland at 3:30 Friday (tomorrow), anyone between me and the glory that is Rogers Pass need a ride? Room for one & a lot of gear.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:32 am 

Leaving whis right now, stoked!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:42 am 

Leaving edmonton in just over an hour willing to pick up someone here or on the way my cell number is In the above message

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:52 am 

just arrived in revi and the highway in between revi and golden was just shut down at 7:30am....guy from highways crew predicted it would open at 11:30am...looks like i'll be riding revy for the day

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:29 am 

It's open now - both directions

Tread light, Shred hard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:39 pm 

Just got back from some great riding, fun scene, at the splitfest. Al and I were stoked to demo and show folks some Chimera splitboards. I got to ride my new 157cm Unicorn Chaser in the pow and loved it. Snow conditions ended up being fresh and fun and plenty powdery, nary a crust in site. Much thanks to Joey and Aaron for showing us around, you guys clearly have it dialed. Karkis, your slide show was killer man! Thanks to Wade for assembling the splitfest. Greg thx for the fuel when I needed it - you should split your next 2 million feet instead of skiing it. Y'all were gracious hosts. Can't forget Swanny from LA. My first trip to Rogers Pass, why haven't I been there before, i love it there, I'll be back. And here's the grand prize winners; dammit I only got a chapstick.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:48 pm 

Awesome splitfest! Met some new peeps, saw friends I hadn't seen in awhile, checked out some gear and rode some pow! Feel sorry for anyone that bailed as conditions were awesome. Crust was only noticeable right at the highway and avy conditions were pretty good.

Spent Saturday up in the Hermit area where we got up into the alpine. The long walk (ended up 1100m above the highway) was worth it as we were treated to blower pow and some fun noboard lines. Today I headed up the Cheops area to Napolean Spur for a wicked avalanche chute that led right down to the highway. All in all, a great weekend!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:50 pm 

Whoops, sorry if my fear mongering scared anyone off. i mentioned the crust mostly as a consideration for decision making - as punishment i got to deal with about 500 ft of it below avalanche crest on saturday. but everything above that was pretty awesome , and snow today was stellar!

thanks to everybody i rode with, i had a great time - and thanks again to wade for being the longhair mastermind of it all. :thatrocks:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next