Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dumb Q. I should know the answer to.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:57 pm 

So, will the sparks work no problem on the Voile complete kit for lightrail bindings? Will the factory kit work if I am doing my own inserts on a DIY? What is the difference, really, between the factory kit and the DIY (besides T-nuts and sliders?
Basically, I am looking to outfit two boards. One DIY, and one custom built Iggy. Have some sparks, what else am I going to need? (Iggy will be just the board with factory inserts).
I know, "SEARCH, JONG!!!"

Post subject: Re: Dumb Q. I should know the answer to.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:09 am 

Sparks on the voile factory pucks (same as light rail) is no problemo. The interface is 'universal'. You could theoretically do t-nuts and the universal pucks for a DIY, though nobody does. They all use the DIY kit pucks. Now that the DIY kit pucks are two bolt, it seems like the universal sliding pucks would serve the same purpose (though you would still have to position them carefully).

Burton Spliff 148
Voile Mojo RX 166
BD, G3, and Gecko skins
Sparks!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:49 am 

The factory kit/universal pucks have adjustable stance angle. Throw in some t-nuts like you'd see on a factory board and you've got adjustable stance in both angle & puck placement. In fact Firstlight has knocked together some awesome templates for just that.

The DIY kit pucks are a mount once in a permanent position deal. To move them would require a fairly significant stance change to space out the new holes from the old ones.

And don't listen to philip.ak about nobody using the universal pucks on DIYs, check the DIY forum, loads of examples that prove the opposite. I cherry picked parts when I built my swallowtail this year and went the premium route with universal pucks, dual climbing wires, Spark LT brackets. The only thing I haven't done is install and inside edge (haven't needed, but not saying I won't put it in down the road...). You're not limited to the DIY Voile kit on a DIY board, only by your imagination, creativity and skills in the shop.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:52 am 

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11485

look at the middel of the tread am see the picture and the direrent between voile slider and R&D.

adam - firstlight and i make a other way , but all works. for custom pucks is this away.
in the new splitkit from voile ( 2 crewns each slider ) you must test it on a wood pice and make a check.... on your board to check it is too late, in the worstcase you must milling the sliderpucks each line ( ftont and back ) ca. 1,0mm to youse the R&D one of the best Bindings you can bay for Money :thumpsup:

Markus