Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Awesome customer service from Spark R&D
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:05 am 

I recently purchased two pairs of the new Blaze's (1 for me, one for wife). For some reason or another, the left baseplate would not slide over the pucks. I tried everything to get it to go, but it would hang up about 1 cm short of sliding on all the way. I know it wasn't the puck allignments, since my right binding slid over them fine. So, I sent them an email at around 8:30pm (mtn time), and got a reply within 30 min! After talking with Jeff of Spark R&D a bit the next day and determining that it was not any issue I could fix, he decided to send me a new baseplate. The new baseplate came in three days! Also, he sent a pre-paid return label so they could figure out what was wrong with the new baseplate.

All I can say is they have great customer service, and I look forward to doing future buisness with them.

Post subject: Re: Awesome customer service from Spark R&D
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:11 pm 

I just got some Burners and was pretty surprised by the fact that there were lots of aluminum burrs where the cnc machine cut the weight-reduction holes in the puck channels. There was enough scrap material in the way that it basically made puck parmigiana when I first tried to push the binding into ride mode. The base plate made it about half way onto the board and plastic shavings started to fly. Both base plates had issues, but one was worse than the other. About 10 minutes with a dremel wire wheel buffed the burrs away. Also, one of the toe-strap-keeper screw holes had really poorly cut threads. It looked almost cross-threaded and I'm not sure the screw will hold well. :( Someone needs to check this stuff before it goes in the box. Maybe I should ask for new base plates too. Hmmm...

Burton Spliff 148
Voile Mojo RX 166
BD, G3, and Gecko skins
Sparks!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:09 pm 

I'd have to agree with the OP, the customer service is on another level. Such a pleasant surprise. Jeff is always responsive and comes through with what he says :thumpsup:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:56 pm 

Both mar123 and Monk151 reported similar issues in the Spark Verts thread, but I think they just shaved down their pucks, which I would have rather contacted Spark about. Did Jeff at Sparks comment on this issue? Seems like a folding/extrusion tolerance issue.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:52 am 

Jeff said it fit over his pucks when he received it. I found that odd, since I tried to get it to fit on both sets of pucks (front and back sets) on my board, as well as both sets on my wife's board. The other binding slid over all of them fine, but the left would not fit on any. I even tried taking the pucks off the boards, and sliding just one on all the way with no sucess. I'm thinking maybe Jeff's puck had gotten shaved down a little.

FWIW: My set of pucks is several years old and my wife's are right at a year old.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:51 pm 

Spark R&D customer service is great! I have old Ignition base plates and wanted to upgrade my TNuts so I emailed to find out if I could buy some or what size I needed since they are a tight fit. They just dropped two different sized TNuts in the mail no charge. You normally only get this kind of service if you bring a 6pack into your local shop. Thanks Jeff!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:40 pm 

Spark R&D kicks serious ass, and dealing with bo-tards like myself can’t be easy. I ordered the wrong replacement pins for my Ignition 2 bindings (twice now), in my haste, I ordered replacement pins for the LT pin system (which I do not have). So I talked to Jeff to make sure this would not happen again and rather than ship me the pins I needed Jeff just shipped me a whole LT pin system for free!

Made me a Spark custy for life...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:59 am 

Spark hits it out of the park again! Thanks Jeff! Appreciate the parts and the help.

:thumpsup:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:30 pm 

I just received spare base plate brass bushings and LT pins after I lost a plastic Blaze bushing and was forced to tour w/ duck tape :)

If anyone is interested: I can send a spare LT pin (fuchsia) to the first pm-er

Thank you!
Ivo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:37 pm 

Totally agree! I tried to order a replacement toe telescope and some spare pins for my ignitions and got stuck at the delivery page as my only shipping method to canada costed 30+ for some parts that would fit in an envelope so I called them to see if there were other shipping options and he just ended up sending all of it too me free of charge! Nothing but good to say about these guys and their products!

Tread light, Shred hard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:57 pm 

Bumping for more stellar customer retention by the folks at Spark. A few of the plastic washers for the ankle straps on my Burners had cracked, Jeff sent an ample amount of replacements & spares to avoid the hardware store fixit (although I kinda miss that about my Iggy Is).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:30 pm 

jeff's the man. know him and lots of the spark dudes personally, and their operation is the epitome of top of the line. to say theyre front runners in the splitboard binding game would be an understatement. after my blazed ass couldnt figure out how to work the wack diamond skins i bought, i called up my homey whos a binding assembler there, and he sent me straight to the source. walked right into their shop like it was a retail store, and the productions manager (whom id rode with on my first day splitting) hooked it up with a dope set of tail clips. badass product, unreal service. spark fo life. :thumpsup: