Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Author Daniel Pinchbeck
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:43 am 

I've read a couple of his books, and it's been a gateway to some really good thoughts/ideas.

Has anyone else read this guys books?

-Luther Standing Bear,

http://splitrippin.tumblr.com/

Post subject: Re: Author Daniel Pinchbeck
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:00 pm 

I read 2012: the return of quetzalcoatl and found it to be a fun read. A little over the top at times but always entertaining. What else of his is good??

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:02 pm 

I've seen Daniel Pinchbeck give talks a couple times, he's reaches pretty far with his concepts, to interesting and improbable corners. He really likes Terrance McKenna, who is even more psychedelically over the top - his memoir of Amazonian exploits is a pretty amazing read. Other favorites in a similar "spiritual entertainer/renegade philosopher" realm would include Alan Watts, Robert Anton Wilson, Slavoj Zizek.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:04 am 

Sweeeeet! I knew there were some splitters out here who'd may have possibly read his works. A musician friend introduced me to his earlier book "breaking open the head" which was a catalyst for 2012.

Chow- Daniel has more of a "zen" approach to his approach to "global consciousness" theories, and at times I thought about what thoughts he was trying to convey. There are some very applicable parts of his ideas...If you watch "2012 a time for change" (netflix) you'll actually see where his 2012 book is another catalyst to how we can actually obtain a sort of "global consciousness" on very "where the rubber meets the road" approach.. a big instance is permaculture, and that has started me on a whole other set of interests.

Another guy that applies quite a bit more "data" to theories Daniel talks about is David Wilcock... He talks a bit more about the "Pineal Gland" that Daniel talks about in "breaking open the head"... David makes a very strong case with Quantum Physics, DNA, and lots of scientific facts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kvZSR06lhE

Anyhoo....I could talk for hours on this. Any of you read "The Tao of Physics"?

-Luther Standing Bear,

http://splitrippin.tumblr.com/