Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Do not let Winter Park Custom Splits Split Your Board!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:51 pm 

It looks like he used a sawzall to split the deck and made the holes with a bottle of wild turkey and a .22 at 50 paces.

Just wow. :thumbsdown:

Burton Spliff 148
Voile Mojo RX 166
BD, G3, and Gecko skins
Sparks!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:01 am 

:shock: :nononno: :banghead: you can be critical of other peoples work but thats effedup!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:10 am 

What was his response when you asked for a refund? How did he explain the stance screwup and the core shot? We can ask him again politely via email and facebook if he wants to avoid a bunch of bad press. He has an article coming out in some local newspaper (Grand County Living) about his new gig, we can bomb that with comments and create a similar facebook page to his with the same title as this thread....

Did you buy the NS specifically to get split? If so, how much $?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:23 am 

OMG What an asshole! My dog could cut a better line.
I hope you catch a break on a new board, cause that just sucks :nononno:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:13 am 

Wow, I mean WOW!! If he's refusing to work with you on making you whole, I'd be posting those pictures up on his company facebook page as well. Other people need to see those "examples" of his "work" ahead of time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:35 pm 

WOW. I cannot believe someone would actually think of charging money for that...

Also I think you can tag his buisness on your photos on FB and they will show up on his facebook page. If no resolution, I would be happy to re-post them and tag them so they show up a bunch of times.

What is slathered all over the sidewall/base? It looks like the inner edge was melted or something near the hooks?...wow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:30 pm 

I'm going to go ahead and guess he just slathered on the varnish/spar urethane without bothering to mask the topboard/base.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:01 pm 

fitit wrote:
Why not refuse the work when you picked it up? Have you tried asking him to own up to his work other than a refund? You could flag his craigslist ads? Like him on facebook and ask how he wants to remedy the situation. If he has a FB page, clearly he wants a fan base, but I am not sure why he doesn't want to refund you or at least work with you...You should at least give him a chance to make things right (besides a refund), or maybe you already did and hence your post here? He is going to have to drill out all those screws he stripped out. Looks like he used a P2 bit instead of P3. Sorry man, I hope for some sort of resolve for you!

I didn't notice all the flaws until I got home and really started looking at it. He said he would refund my money for everything. I paid 130 for the board, and I got the kit for 120, and paid him 100 for the labor. But he said that he is out of business now and he didn't know when he would have the cash.

HikeforTurns wrote:
What was his response when you asked for a refund? How did he explain the stance screwup and the core shot? We can ask him again politely via email and facebook if he wants to avoid a bunch of bad press. He has an article coming out in some local newspaper (Grand County Living) about his new gig, we can bomb that with comments and create a similar facebook page to his with the same title as this thread....

Did you buy the NS specifically to get split? If so, how much $?

He said that he would do whatever to make it right, and fix the stance, but that means 8 more holes in the board, and the hooks need to be realigned, 4 more holes there... He explained the stance screwup on me. He said that I told him I measured my stance from the inside of the bindings, which makes no sense to me at all. Stance width, as I have always understood it, is measured from the center of the circle thing that holds the bindings in place. He called me one day, and said he didn't have his notebook that had all the binding mount specs, so I told him what they were and all I said was 23", 12* front, -9* in back. The core shot he said was a complete lie, but I remember that the board did not have any repairs. I searched for that board for months! I was on a mission to find a 163-165 Neversummer, and when I came across this board, I was so stoked, it was perfect length, a powder monster, stiff, taken care of, no core shots, ridden less than 50 days total, and for, in my opinion, a pretty good deal, I was able to talk the guy down to 130.

B-P wrote:
WOW. I cannot believe someone would actually think of charging money for that...

Also I think you can tag his buisness on your photos on FB and they will show up on his facebook page. If no resolution, I would be happy to re-post them and tag them so they show up a bunch of times.

What is slathered all over the sidewall/base? It looks like the inner edge was melted or something near the hooks?...wow.
B-P wrote:

I think that stuff is p-tex, I think he tried to fill the gap on the cut line, and it only stuck to the base and not to the wood core on the cut line.

You know, the worst thing about all this is that I feel like this is a sign for me not to go into the BC, at least not this year. I have all my gear, but this is such a crappy situation, and I think that everything happens for a reason. I'm going to save up some cash and get a factory split and some sparks in the future, and hopefully get at it next year. For now, I'll stick to being a weekend warrior, battling traffic and gapers to get a little taste of powder.

I told Jordan that he can have the board and he can refund my 350, and he agreed to that. I will let you know if he comes through on his word. He said he did not know how long it would take and he said that WPCS is out of business.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:30 pm 

Looks like another bit of shady work here and here

I'd steer clear of this sort of work
Gives us Custom split companies a bad name!

+61 (0)413 888 115
http://www.firstlightsnowboards.com.au http://www.splitfest.com.au http://www.splitfests.com http://www.mrbc.com http://www.backcountryglobal.com
Sydney - Nowra - Jindabyne

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:19 am 

good ore bad work...

you get - what you pay - i think this is the amerikan style...
a solid craftsmanwork is expensive - now one works for rice and water.... the chiness ???

but told all how make mistake is not the right way......
one of the best splitboard customer in the us is monk, to day - but he must lorne - his first boards are not the same like he build now... remember swiss chease

markus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:34 am 

Damn....What a hack job! Looks like he eyeballed everything....next time just buy a saw with your cash and DIY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:48 am 

WPCS is officially closed down. With out giving us a chance to fix the issue, this post was up, the magazine who was writing an article on us was written too and craigslist was flagged. Had we been given the opportunity to rectify the situation, it would have been. Since this post, the 9 other boards that were lined up have been canceled by the customer and boards and money given back to their respective owners. The money for this board will be refunded when we are in a position to do so as the company is officially belly up. We have shut down the facebook site and will only be doing work for people who ask us. We would like to thank NeverSummer(Chad) for his patience with the refund, and his willingness to fix the situation. We only wish that the issue was able to be addressed and corrected prior to the blasting.

We hope that everybody in the forum or not has a wonderful and safe winter earning every line possible. Remember, gear is no substitute for knowledge. We encourage every back country traveler to take avy level 1, wear appropriate gear and ride safely watching for the red flags.

From us at WPCS,

Thank you for your time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:26 pm 

WPCS wrote:
WPCS is officially closed down. With out giving us a chance to fix the issue, this post was up, the magazine who was writing an article on us was written too and craigslist was flagged. Had we been given the opportunity to rectify the situation, it would have been.

The situation should have been rectified before you even gave back the board... It's hard for me to feel bad for your situation when you could have avoided all this by first doing a good job and second just being strait with the guy. You had to of known this wasn't a good product, and if you didn't you really had/have no place building them.