Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: PDX Splitters unite!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:53 am 

Sunday looks like the day! If interested pm...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:39 pm 

christoph benells wrote:
http://www.summitpost.org/washington-looking-peruvian/271561/c-155588
i wanna hit this steep looking side peak on st helens monitor ridge route. it looks sweet. i stare at it every time i go up there.

its super south facing and you gotta be at the top early style to hit it. will definitely require overnight bivy or super early alpine start.

Chris that face is sick, I'm def. down to hit that with you sometime soon. If there's good conditions I can maybe do a quickie midweek thing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:52 pm 

It's deep up there. :P First POW day of the year for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:46 pm 

How'd you all do out there? It was deep. I had a great day inbounds and a few fun day's up the cooper spur. Lots of snow already. The cabin looks cool.

Not sure if any of you ride in bounds but my only solid board got stolen at the end of opening day. Keep your eye's open if your up there please?

http://splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12139

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:53 pm 

WEAK! That sucks Joey. Super super lame. I'll keep an eye out for it and let my friends know who work there as well.

I'm sure you've already thought about telling the guys at Next Adventure about watching for it, and also watching CL and ebay like a hawk...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:47 am 

My condolences on the board Joey.

Sunday, skinned to 9250', enjoyed great wind affected powder to the top of little Zig Zag. Followed some skiers down the canyon to 5900'. Glad to have the skiers in front, the canyon was a little too soft and a heavy. Skinned back up to 6900', rode the western boundary of T-line, on down to Govy. Had a blast riding tracks, and sailing off thru deep pow. Alpine was in fine form, with some decent kickers.

I talked to some climbers that dug a pit @ 10,600' on the hogsback. They said, "a 16" slab slid very easily". At which point they turned around.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:29 am 

Yeah it wasn't too bad up there. It seemed icy anywhere near the rocks onc we ascended past the top chairlift. Saturday might be promising with the conditions this week. Hopefully the snow stabilize by then.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:57 pm 

sorry about the board joeyzims. if you need something to ride swing by next adventure and ill loan you out a board for the day.

how we all looking for the tilly jane party? 12/10 right?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:02 pm 

midweek next week looks to be a good weather pattern...hopin ill have my new venture by then. either way i'll be out gettin after it lookin to get at some gnar. stay posted.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:41 pm 

I'm going up tomorrow. If anyone else wants to join, we are meeting up at the Fred Meyer in Sandy at 6am. PM me for contact info if you are interested...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:11 pm 

Hey everyone, was just up at Newton on Hood today, was FREAKING EPIC... high avy danger tho. Stuck to the trees and it was white room all day. Had a probably top 20 run of all time... and I've been at it since '91. OK I'll shut up now. :D Hope my footage turned out, I had a Contour google mount and a handheld.

I want to go to Tilly Jane on 12/10, but I think we should wait and keep an eye on the weather. It'll be no prob to book it out even a week in advance. The snow level is sposed to go up a bit, and there's not much new snow forecast for the next week. Cooper spur area when there's new snow is high on the list, but with no new snow it's like anywhere else with no new snow. :scratch:

Patrick, I highly recommend Newton for tomorrow, ping me if ya need beta. The trees are where it's at, on the open slopes the top 3 inches was sliding all over the place and there are multiple weak layers below. Have fun out there! I'd join ya but I'm beat from today.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 pm 

Jefe009 wrote:
Hey everyone, was just up at Newton on Hood today, was FREAKING EPIC... high avy danger tho. Stuck to the trees and it was white room all day. Had a probably top 20 run of all time... and I've been at it since '91. OK I'll shut up now. :D Hope my footage turned out, I had a Contour google mount and a handheld.

I want to go to Tilly Jane on 12/10, but I think we should wait and keep an eye on the weather. It'll be no prob to book it out even a week in advance. The snow level is sposed to go up a bit, and there's not much new snow forecast for the next week. Cooper spur area when there's new snow is high on the list, but with no new snow it's like anywhere else with no new snow. :scratch:

Patrick, I highly recommend Newton for tomorrow, ping me if ya need beta. The trees are where it's at, on the open slopes the top 3 inches was sliding all over the place and there are multiple weak layers below. Have fun out there! I'd join ya but I'm beat from today.

You read my mind. I was actually considering Newton tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:49 pm 

Jefe009 wrote:

I was at Newton today on the open face. It wasn't that bad. We dug a pit and saw that layer you were talking about, but we didn't have any layer break at all. Weather was kind of sketchy this morning, but it cleared up.

We tried to further up the ridge, but it was too windy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 39  Next