Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - ***2012 Rocky Rumble Splitfest ***

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ***2012 Rocky Rumble Splitfest ***
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:24 am 

2012 Rocky Rumble Splitfest

Where: Rocky Mountain National Park, CO (Estes Park, CO)

Rocky Mountain National Park offers wide open bowls, sweet tree runs and gnarly steep and narrow couloirs, plenty of classic lines and first descents to explore. There is plenty of terrain that can be approached within 1 to 4 hours.

When: April 27-29

Events:

• Open tours Friday through Sunday on easy to advance terrain

• Guided tours provided by Climbing Life guides: Intro to Advance

• Avalanche Education opportunities

• Guest Speakers

• Raffle

• Demos

• Movies and Keg Party at Estes Park Mountain Shop Friday night

• Margaritas and Music at Ed’s Cantina Saturday night

Lodging: Estes Park, CO offers anything from free car camping, hostel, hotels or vacation house rentals.

*More details will be provided throughout the next couple of months.

Post subject: Re: ***2012 Rocky Rumble Splitfest ***
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:37 am 

Thanks for the heads-up, sounds like a great event. I'm looking forward to getting up to the Park a lot this winter. If I remember correctly, Climbing Life website has a good amount of info on possible tours.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:31 pm 

Climbinglife.com has great info on lines in RMNP, there is also condition reports as well. We plan on adding more route descriptions to the page this winter.

Let me know when you are coming up from Denver to ride in the Park and will we meet up for a tour.

-Rick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:15 pm 

Way to make it happen Rick! I'll keep this date on my calendar and try to make it out. Look forward to more updates. Let me know if I can lend a hand... Cheers!

http://www.splitboardeducationcompany.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:14 pm 

Rick do you work for Climbing Life? I will definitely get up there well before April. Thanks for setting this up.

Check out my writings: http://www.adamlreiner.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:54 am 

Hey Adam,

Yes I will be working for Climbing Life Guides this winter doing Intro to Splitboarding clinics and instructing AIARE level 1 courses. Let's meet up and hit some lines in the Park or anywhere else in CO.

So far we have enjoyed some powder days up in Hidden Valley.

Talk to you soon,

Rick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:55 pm 

hey all! new to the split scene but not new to the ongoing hunt for better and more pow filled terrain. would LOVE to go tour with some people in colorado. DOWn to ride whatever, just enjoy being outside. I have my avy level 1 cert and would love to tour with people who know the area, and have a like mind about safety and fun. please contact me @(720)934-4258 eric. mostly riding on weekends but do have a chance for some days during the week. I WILL be at the rumble for sure!!! cant wait! :drool:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:23 pm 

Unfortunately, the Rocky Rumble will not be happening this year. Things have changed around I will be out of town that weekend. Sorry to anyone who was planning on attending. I hope to make it happen next year!

If people are still planning on coming up then maybe an informal tour could go down.

Spring like conditions up in the park for now, still could use more snow before the season is over.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:54 pm 

Bummer that the RMNP splitfest isn't happening... any Front Rangers want to do a informal group tour the weekend of March 23-24?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:48 am 

arg! That could have been fun, I am trying to get out and explore this area before then anyways. Maybe we can get a nice trip setup with some people to go tour in the area. I might be down to go on the 23-24. I need some practice, as im doing a silverton splitfest end of this month! lets go explore people! hit me up. fstrwgn@yahoo.com im eric :rock: