Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jones Solution 2011-2012
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:42 pm 

Does anyone have any inside intel on when the f*ck these Jones Solutions are going to start shipping? I know several of you received yours already. I'm first on the list at Boulder Ski Deals, and I pre-ordered back in September. I'm leaving the first week of December for a month long road trip that will take me through all of British Columbia and back to J-Hole for New Years. I'm getting really worried I won't have my new splity, and I sold my old one thinking there was no way in hell it would take this long to receive the new ride.

Any Jones employees or friends of Jones lurking around that can help me out? The guys at Boulder Ski Deals are going to kill me if I keep pestering them, and there info. isn't very reliable...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:22 pm 

WORD!!!!!

Jones lost my sale too, i had a Hovercraft split on order since May at Apline Shop in Burlington VT. I told those guys i would be headed out on a winter long split trip and if the board didnt come in then I'll look somehwere else. Those guys new me as the "Jones Guy", i called a pestered them since the last week of July on a weekly basis. Their solids came in at Halloween but now I've left and the splits still have not arrived. :nononno: Bought a MOJO 166 with the leaf pattern at Ski Rack instead for almost 50% off with kit and skins, :wink: never used. I'll be back in it next year maybe but otherwise i have signed off the market for this year. Really did want that mellow mag underfoot but... this MOJO has me pretty excited with the rocker and the taper. In the end i now have a universal split interface too!! :headbang:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:35 pm 

Yeah, I had no issues getting my Mountain Twin on a timely basis. I thought ordering through Boulder Ski Deals would be a good call because I assumed those guys did decent Jones volume. All I want is a straight answer on what is going down with the splittys because the deliver date has been moved on me no less than five times. Not getting a pre-order by early December is just ridiculous. Do they not know we are riding already?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:29 am 

Jones FB page says there are boards in the US now, shipping this week.

I was able to find one of my boards (Hover 160) at Mountaingear, shipping today and they had Solution's in stock for those looking for one, but the other board I have on order (Flag 58) is still MIA.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:22 pm 

I am still waiting for my solution 163w. I placed an order with mountain gear in late september because I was fed up with REI having no info for me on when my order would be filled. Since then mountain gear has called me twice and emailed me once apologizing for that wait and asuring me that mine order will be filled. Its supposed to hit there warehouse the 18th and be sitting on the shelf next to my new mountain twin by thanksgiving I hope. mountain gear has be awesome keeping me updated. Seems like Jones didnt expect to sell so many Splitys

Karakouram Split30s
2010 mutes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:47 pm 

Freighttrain48 wrote:
Seems like Jones didnt expect to sell so many Splitys

Blame it on growing pains of a small company with limited capital or access to capital to build larger volumes of boards and be able to weather the risk of incomplete sell-through. Add to the fact that Nidecker makes them in a geo-political hotspot (Tunisia) and you have the possibility of productions issues (like last year) and potential for increased US customs scrutiny in importing the product into the States. All add up to increased wait times for the customer.

I have a UPS ship # on my Hover from mountaingear - due to arrive Thursday, but no word from the-house on my Flagship. I'm glad I didn't split my Option yet and have my ST and Hover to ride early season while waiting for the Flag...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:39 am 

This sounds just like last years thread on this board.
I thought things would have been sorted out this year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:40 pm 

whistlermaverick wrote:
This sounds just like last years thread on this board.
I thought things would have been sorted out this year.

Yep I would have thought so too. Just called on my other order for the Flag and they've pushed back another 10 days. Less than the last push back, but disappointing still.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:46 pm 

Porters just received the second of 3 or 4 shipments they will be receiving.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:02 pm 

KennyGPorters wrote:
Porters just received the second of 3 or 4 shipments they will be receiving.

Hmmm... Is there a Flag 58 in there? I'll give my original order till the next time I'm up in Tahoe on 12/2, then I'll stop by if you have them in stock. Do you still have your Incline location?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:17 pm 

Yes we got 4 in. They shopuld be online in the next day or so. No we closed the incline store last spring.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:24 am 

just got a call from mountaingear my solution will be in monday!!! :disco:

Karakouram Split30s
2010 mutes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:36 pm 

Hover is in my hot little hands, now just waiting on the flagship

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next