Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spark boots?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:57 am 

Pretty stoked with my Spark Deeluxes. Here's a wee pic of mine with my crampons on, sweet fit and real safe too! Cheers, Rich

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:08 pm 

christoph benells wrote:
last i heard deeluxe only had 26 left at their warehouse. im sure they're gone by now. but shops around should still have some. we have maybe 6 pairs left here.

The Boardroom in Boise, Idaho has a few pairs in stock. I tried them on the other day, and they fit the same as the Deeluxe ID's that I'm currently riding. So if you can try on other Deeluxe boots at your local shop to get a feel, it seems to work out nicely. They don't do e-commerce, but you can call 'em up (208-385-9553).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:11 am 

So I got my hands on a pair of these boots direct from Spark. I'll post some comments on my impressions later, first I have to decide if I'm keeping them or not. The issue is the fit. The size seems spot on, lots of room with my foot in the empty shell, big toe just barely touches the end of the liner with the laces loose, pretty standard snowboard boot fit procedures. But the overall fit on my foot is so tight I can't keep them on for more than 15 minutes before my whole foot cramps and then goes numb. The size seems right but the overall foot volume in the liner is so damn tight. I know I'm supposed to mould them but once I mould them I can't return them and I've never had boots that fit like this before moulding. I would greatly appreciate any comments from anyone who has actually had these boots moulded and what your experience was with with the fit before and after. I really want to have these boots work for me but I need to hear someone tell me it's normal for them to start out so uncomfortably tight and that the moulding makes all the difference before I can take the plunge and get these things moulded. Any opinions at all would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:42 am 

I'll be getting mine moulded soon, will let you know ok, cheers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:52 am 

PSA: Black Friday sale at Mountain Gear for those needing some Deluxe

Spark sale link

165 Venture Divide, Spark Franken-Burner, LaSportiva Spantik
163W Jones Solution, Phantom Alphas, Dynafit TLT5
162 Furberg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:39 pm 

96avs01 wrote:

Spark sale link

Too good to pass up. I ordered a pair. Thanks for the tip.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:19 am 

Does anyone on here know how the Spark boot sizing compares to Burton? I've been wearing size 10 Drivers and Ions for years. Looking to take advantage of the MG sale.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:12 pm 

chamstew wrote:
Does anyone on here know how the Spark boot sizing compares to Burton? I've been wearing size 10 Drivers and Ions for years. Looking to take advantage of the MG sale.

I have Burton Rulers size US 11.5 and Spark US 11. Sparks are little bit narrower and snuggier fit.
I'm in Europe so it might be best to measure or try before you buy.

I measured my feet by placing a book against my heel and other against my toes, stepped out and measured the distance between. Of course you have to measure both feet and then select the bigger one.

Then I used this site to convert my measurement to boot size. http://www.boot.com/bsizcvt.htm

After that you can check Deeluxe's website and Spark size chart to select right size!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:26 pm 

96avs01 wrote:

Spark sale link

Thanks for the tip!

Yep it was just too good to pass up. I am VERY excited to get these in my hands and on my feet to check them out first hand.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:05 pm 

seriffi wrote:
chamstew wrote:

I have Burton Rulers size US 11.5 and Spark US 11. Sparks are little bit narrower and snuggier fit.
I'm in Europe so it might be best to measure or try before you buy.

I measured my feet by placing a book against my heel and other against my toes, stepped out and measured the distance between. Of course you have to measure both feet and then select the bigger one.

Then I used this site to convert my measurement to boot size. http://www.boot.com/bsizcvt.htm

After that you can check Deeluxe's website and Spark size chart to select right size!

That's interesting. The last two pair of Burtons I had (Moto and Jeremy Jones pro model) were size US10.5. My Sparks are size US11.....

The Sparks are definitely a bit more snug and narrower than both my previous pair Burtons.
If you can try them on before you buy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:09 pm 

Just got mine,they feel great,can't wait to ride them.
My last boot was Burton Ion US10 and the Sparks are US10.5
Also did a heat mold and they are feeling very snug :bananas:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:11 am 

at the risk of sounding like an idiot...

whats the big deal with these boot?

not crampon compatible, stiff as fuck, bulky as fuck, toe area is only slightly more protected than other softboots...

what is the advantage?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:09 am 

wasatch surf wrote:
whats the big deal with these boot?

what is the advantage?

We're paying for the industry to acknowledge splitboarding in bootware, a Vibaram lug sole, and the Xavier factor.

If this boot blips the radar of manufacturers, maybe (just maybe), they'll be interested in trolling these forums and making a smaller, surfier boot with a heel welt, protected toe box, and Vibram soles.
What? I can dream, can't I?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next