Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: rughty binders
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:56 am 

Hey Mudd,

So I'm well confused :scratch: about the direction this 4 page thread has gone. :banghead: On page one you speak of your beautiful insight into the toe ramp/LT(Sparks) touring bracket design for your binder. Then you start posting lots of picks of binders with the normal voile slider plate interface. Then you start adding the toe ramp back into the bindings including the nylon option but all using the stamped voile touring mode. Now with the last posts you have shown what your binder will be? What i mean is, does one still send in their aluminum base plate and splider plate with highback and straps set to where they want them? And what about the snug fit of a boot you spoke of earlier in your posts, with pictures, how does one let you know that measurment?

To recap:
Do you still do the LT pin system?
Do you still need the binders and baseplates with straps and highbacks sent in?
Do you take boot footprints to make your binders completley custom?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:50 am 

The toeramp/LT bracket idea wasn't worth a small guy like me to pursue. My bindings are meant to be a lower cost alternative for the dirtbag splitboarder. I also found that the technology of Karakorams axle is far superior for touring than the LT bracket. Voiles design is much better than most people give them credit for.

I have been testing all sorts of ideas to come up with what I think a superior design for the money would be and have done so with the Triad model. That will be the off the shelf production binding. I still, however, do the conversions for those who want that. I have the ability to do custom widths with this option along with custom track placements. Prices for conversions range between $110-$150, but contact me directly for your price and further instruction.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:31 am 

Rughty, great work, love the bindings!

I was thinking about one mod, that you might consider as you develop your bindings that may help you stand out farther than other strap split bindings. old K2 bindings, including the clicker HB, had a curve in the lower part of the highback , or just an overall geometry between the highback and heel cup that allowed the highback to angle back pretty far to give you a longer stride. They had a highback lock that would unclip and then reclip at the same forward lean setting. I think the same clip design is still used by Yonex in Japan. Maybe a binding could have a highback like a scarpa alien touring boot or a scarpa F1 for instance. the highback plastic or alu would not go all the way into the heel cup, but a little bar would clip into or lock onto the top of the heelcup. You would unlatch the bar and the highback would fall away to the back, allowing a really long stride on the flats and low angle terrain.

just my :twocents: great simplification of light strap bindings there!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:37 pm 

With a few more minor changes (mostly cosmetic) coming soon, here is a teaser for all you weight weenies...

940 grams with a bit more coming off with the first run...

Post subject: Thanks Ken
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:49 am 

Just finished my wife's board. Your sweet binders look epic!

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12236

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:56 pm 

So...I have to put in a parts order for the first small batch run of Triad splitboard bindings. Who out there is interested in owning a pair? $275 price tag. Your word is all I need to complete the order. Approximate 3 week delivery time. Newest pics to be put up by the end of the week.

edit:

To clarify...These are for brand new splitboard bindings, not conversions.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:22 pm 

Does $275 cover the pucks too or is it just for the bindings and someone would still need to buy the pucks?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:37 pm 

Jason,
The price would be just for the bindings as far as I know.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:44 pm 

Price includes bindings only.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:27 pm 

Are you still doing mods to existing metal bindings? I have a set of Ride LX bindings and Voile plates I could have you convert. If I supply the materials, what does the cutting and welding cost (if you still do it)?

Burton Spliff 148
Voile Mojo RX 166
BD, G3, and Gecko skins
Sparks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:38 pm 

philip.ak wrote:
Are you still doing mods to existing metal bindings? I have a set of Ride LX bindings and Voile plates I could have you convert. If I supply the materials, what does the cutting and welding cost (if you still do it)?

I am still doing mods. I use my own Voile sliders as they are all properly stripped and brand new, but discounts are offered for those who trade theirs in. $110 for trade ins and $150 without. Trade in sliders must be in new/like new condition. Mount your sliders on where you want them welded (whether you use yours or mine, I need them for locating) and ship them off. I will return sliders to those who want to use mine. I may have some Triad sliders for those who want them vs. the Voile ones. Email me at kenboy875@yahoo.com to work out shipping, special requests and/or heads up. I still do custom width options.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:39 pm 

Say hello to the redesigned Triad baseplate:

and heel cup:

Should have some finished products first week of Jan.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:09 pm 

New baseplates look slick! :rock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next