Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: PDX Splitters unite!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:38 am 

Hi all,

Thanks for the tips. Will check online those shops.

Any shop in Eugene?

I would love to buy some Karakoram bindings. For the board, I don't know yet. I am looking for the GNU or K2 or Jones. If you have any thoughts on these boards, don't hesitate to share.

cheers
r.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:38 am 

christoph benells wrote:
next adventure has venture splitboards, they just came in jefe, as well as the atomic, also spark bindings and deeluxe spark boots for sale.

Hah, don't worry Chris I'm still dropping all my spare benjies at Next... just picked up a new probe and some of those new Demon gloves, they are pretty awesome.

Was just at Mt. Shop in the NE yesterday getting some stove stuff and saw they have a bunch of K2s that just came in. I hadn't seen them in person yet, for anyone who is wondering they are pretty flexible. Not nearly stiff enough for me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:50 am 

spnce wrote:
yo jefe whats the status on that cabin trip? add me to the list if it's still on

I was just bugging the guy from the Oregon Nordic Club that runs the booking for the cabin yesterday, and he's still being super weird about it. So he says they are switching to a new reservation system sometime in January, and he's thinking that I should wait till the new system is in before booking a trip. So I asked him, 'is the cabin off limits until then?' and he responded 'no, it's ready to go.' I've seriously asked this guy like 15 times to PLEASE put me down for a group trip the night of 12/3, and he won't commit, he keeps making excuses about the new reservation system, which shouldn't affect booking the cabin in December. And he says people can book it through him until then, but won't let me book it!?!?

Do any of you guys know Russ and Becky from the ONC? If so, can you please bug them and find out what's going on. I booked a trip last year through this guy no problem. Not sure what the flake mode is all about.

Thanks for any help you guys can give in finessing this guy.

I'll also ping him again next Monday and ask again.

IN ANY CASE I'm still down for snow camping that weekend or even the next one if any of you guys are down (assuming there is enough snow by then). The cabin is a nice bonus, but it's really all about the riding at Cooper Spur and Polallie.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:33 pm 

Jefe009 wrote:
IN ANY CASE I'm still down for snow camping that weekend or even the next one if any of you guys are down (assuming there is enough snow by then). The cabin is a nice bonus, but it's really all about the riding at Cooper Spur and Polallie.

I've never been snow camping, but if you're alright with a beginner tagging along I'd join you

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:02 pm 

spnce wrote:
Jefe009 wrote:

I've never been snow camping, but if you're alright with a beginner tagging along I'd join you

Yeah man, np. You've been backpacking before, right? And have all your stuff dialed for overnight camping? It's pretty much exactly the same, except you're on the snow. Make sure you got a warm sleeping bag and waterproof tent. And remember, no running water so you gotta melt snow.

In my experience, overnight snow trips are no biggie cuz even if your stuff gets all wet its only for a night.

Hope there's enough snow by then!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:05 pm 

Hey All,

I am an avid split boarder and really could use some partners to go ride and climb with. I live in Portland. I really would like to learn some new routes this season. I've got all the gear. Let me know if anyone wants to go tour this soon. I am down!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:17 pm 

glove4love wrote:
Hey All,

I am an avid split boarder and really could use some partners to go ride and climb with. I live in Portland. I really would like to learn some new routes this season. I've got all the gear. Let me know if anyone wants to go tour this soon. I am down!

Nice, we have at least 8 or 10 peeps committed just in this thread alone. Should be a good season! We are putting together a Cooper Spur trip the weekend of 12/3 (or 12/10, depending on snow conditions) and I'm always down to hit Newton for a day trip. I've never been to St. Helens and want to hit that early season too.

Probably everyone in this thread should get together one of these nights at a pub and scheme out some trips... the forecast calls for snow all next week!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:31 pm 

I'm willing to snow camp, but not available for the 1st weekend in December. It doesn't matter if its cabin or tent, I have gear.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:03 pm 

nwboarder82 wrote:
I'm willing to snow camp, but not available for the 1st weekend in December. It doesn't matter if its cabin or tent, I have gear.

Cool -- is the weekend of 12/10 ok or better for everyone? If so I'll try to get the cabin (again!) :bananas:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:30 pm 

Cabin or no cabin, I'll still go.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:25 pm 

12/10 works for me and I'm definitely down for camping

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:20 pm 

I might be going up to Meadows to scope things out on Monday next week if they get over 5 inches this weekend. If anyone is down to get some touring in, let me know. Also, I would be down for the Cooper Spur route climb in Dec if conditions are good. I know the Mt St Helens south route really well. That would be a fun overnight or day trip in Dec.

Is anyone thinking about taking any avalanche courses this year? I was thinking about getting certified this season. Stoked on the snow falling, can't wait for the season to start!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:08 pm 

glove4love wrote:
I might be going up to Meadows to scope things out on Monday next week if they get over 5 inches this weekend. If anyone is down to get some touring in, let me know. Also, I would be down for the Cooper Spur route climb in Dec if conditions are good. I know the Mt St Helens south route really well. That would be a fun overnight or day trip in Dec.

Is anyone thinking about taking any avalanche courses this year? I was thinking about getting certified this season. Stoked on the snow falling, can't wait for the season to start!

Which class are you looking at? I wanna get certified this year too

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 39  Next