Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What to Buy?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:05 pm 

Dear Fellow Snowhounds,

Thanks for all the excellent information throughout the forums. I'm getting ready to make the big purchase and I'm not sure I know anymore today than after reading everything here. I know it's really hard to say here's the setup you should buy, but I'm going to give you all my specs. and see what you'd recommend.

Height 5'10"
Shoe 10
Weight 165

I like freeride boards and I wear Northwave boots. From what I can gather, it seems like maybe I'd want to purchase the Burton 161 (I've been riding a 158), and the Voile split kit. What's your opinion. Should I go with Burton, Voile, or Prior, or mix and match? I've been doing backcountry with my old Liquid board and snowshoes. I'm ready to start driving a Cadillac.

By the way, I'm in Ft. Collins and plan on doing several trips on Cameron and Berthoud if anyone wants to join. Later!!

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Post subject: Re: Sooo Sexy
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:29 pm 

Jorgi- looks like you have better tools then I do :wink: I thought the board would be stiff enough, but leave it open as an idea.

Hardbooter- lots to read, eh? :P

hardbooter wrote:
Hey Eric:

A couple questions if you don't mind...

1. Did you just saw off the heel "lip", drill a couple holes, and buy an extra pin?- Basically, though i had some help (again, better tools).

2. Looks like you have three "parallel" center disks and one "inline" center disk. Did that help get to higher angles?- Yes, with stock discs I was limited to about 50*, but did not have to deal with the slider mods.

3. Do the Catek toe/heel block have a 4cm hole spacing to match the sliders without drilling? -Nope, I had to drill out the sliders. I used a cutting bit in a drill, took about an hr for the first one and 1o minutes for the second :roll:

By the way, a small counter-sink on the bottom of the toe/heel blocks allow the tnuts to clear without the shim. Not sure you want to start drilling out your Cateks though... :D - Exactly, I didn't want to trim the t-nut to loose engagment, drill the blocks or tim my bolts. I had a few 16mm bolts, and the hardwear store didn't stock 14's. SHims were the easiest part.

I asked Fin about the ATV inserts and he said that on his custom split 174 4wd, Chris moved the inserts closer to the center edges to allow for higher angles...- I thought about that. It would probably solve having to remove as much material off the pucks.

How soon can you take her out?
- Ugggg....only rain today :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:48 am 

By the way, I only posted this question here because I wasn't able to create a new post. I know this question sort of came from nowhere. But any advice you all have would be greatly appreciated!

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.