Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Seeking Splitters for 2011/2012 - Vancouver-based
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:46 pm 

Hey there !! I'm Jonny and also looking for split partners. I don't live in Vancouver but id like to do some touring in Mt baker, Squamish and Coquihalla. Also let me know when you guys are going in the Kootenays, i'm going to spend some time there for sure. Btw i'm in Kelowna and we do have some nice stuff in the backside of big white and apex. Rogers Pass, Shuswap, Revy, Blue River... I'm always down for a road trip. I got my ast level 1 and my avy gear and i'm also a amateur photographer. I'm couch surfers friendly and hope you guys are too. I'm in good shape since i ride mountain bike at least 3 times a week in the off season. PM me for more details. Cheers

One of our local spot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:56 am 

just joined the vancouver alpine club. it's $40 a year and they do guided tours all over the duffey lake area. anyone else a member?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:20 pm 

Hello Peoples!

I would love to meet up with some local splitters. I have never done splitting before but have been riding since the days of Kemper Freestyles and Sorels with skiboot liners! I just laid down on a Burton Freebird, and actually considering taking it back and upgrading to the new Lib to get a bit of extra length and stiffness. Regardless I will have a split set up this year and would enjoy the company. I have a lot of experience riding out of bounds, and in the steep and deep, but have never strayed more than a few hours away from any resort and have never taken an official avy course. I will sign up for a course this year and will get all the backcounntry gear sorted as well. In the meantime I will be headed up Seymour on shorter outings whenever I can to get some time in splitting. I will PM you my contact info and look forward to meeting you all and earning my turns a bit quicker this year. (anyone want to buy some snowshoes!!! lol)

Tyson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:21 pm 

I will be living in pemberton for the month of January, riding my splitboard 7 days a week. If anybody wants to hit the duffey or surrounding area, get in touch with me. The name is Tyler, and email is the best means of communication: wilkez@shaw.ca. I know the duffey decently well now so if you come on up I can show you the goods!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:53 pm 

vancouver splitters,

not sure about you guys but i'm itching to do some riding now. i'm not really sure what's doable at this time of year but i've heard baker is a good option. maybe the duffey is doable already? would be fun to get a crew together and go hit some early season stuff. anyone interested? input from the more experienced splitters that know of good early season spots would be appreciated. sounds like jcbackcountry and wilkez might fit that bill.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:32 pm 

I'm over on Vancouver Island, but close to the ferries - good to do trips on either side of the salish ;]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:40 am 

I think Paul Ridge/Elfin lakes area might be rideable already, although the trail up might not be fully skinnable/rideable.
The Black Tusk Snowmobile Club has a webcam which is on Brohm ridge on the other side of Garibaldi, and it looks like it has good coverage up there. http://www.btsc.ca/webcam.php
It's at about 5400 feet if I'm not mistaken.

edit: I'm not suggesting you go ride at Brohm, I hear the sledders can be territorial, but the other side of Garibaldi should have basically the same snow coverage as you see on their webcam.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:52 pm 

anyone has any info for the conditions at the Coquihalla ? Thinking of heading over there next weekend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:56 pm 

animalchin wrote:
I think Paul Ridge/Elfin lakes area might be rideable already, although the trail up might not be fully skinnable/rideable.
The Black Tusk Snowmobile Club has a webcam which is on Brohm ridge on the other side of Garibaldi, and it looks like it has good coverage up there. http://www.btsc.ca/webcam.php
It's at about 5400 feet if I'm not mistaken.

edit: I'm not suggesting you go ride at Brohm, I hear the sledders can be territorial, but the other side of Garibaldi should have basically the same snow coverage as you see on their webcam.

i'm signed up to go to paul ridge on saturday with the vancouver alpine club, so hopefully there's good coverage