Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Touring brackets further front of the balance point
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:28 am 

Hey everyone. I plan to split a 158 ride-timeless 2001 model. At the center of the board (ie balance point) the deck is not even since timeless has this 3d technology. It is as if the deck is formed by different layers which at the center they narrow up creating an uneven surface. This means that I'll have a problem positioning correctly the touring brackets. However If I'd move the touring brackets 6 to 7 cm (or 2,7 inc) towards the nose of the board it would be placed ok since the deck evens out. My question is if it would, at your opinions, be wise to do that? Will having the touring bracket further front of the balance point affects very much and in a negative way skinning?

Post subject: Re: Touring brackets further front of the balance point
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:47 am 

We've been moving them 1"-1.5" forward of the recommended balance point on our DIY's (160-165cm boards). This seems to be beneficial to get the tips to lift while skinning in deep powder.

I prefer it, and do all my boards this way... :twocents:

As always; your mileage may vary.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:24 am 

Alexandros.STOP I slit my ride timeless 3D black top sheet solid orange base see throw t when you do your mock up the hooks have to set back about 3inches from nose contact and tail so the board wants to pull apart between tip and tail clips.Plus at tip and tail it's only3/16s thick :banghead: my timeless is a 156 and the carben makes that blade smoke! :banghead:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:04 am 

Snowhunter, thanks for the warning. Sorry but english is not my native language, I didn't get the whole thing. The hooks have to be set 3' from the nose and tail and not directly on the edge as they should be? Why is that? Also you say the tail and nose are not thick enough so that makes a problem for setting the clips? Isn't there a way around, some adjustment that can be made?
Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:19 am 

TIMELESS SPLIT. Alexandros lay your snowboard on the ground base down and see the front and rear contact points. So if you have the timeless with 3d grapics the hooks have to be placed on the upper part of board were your bindings mount.i'll put pics of mine if your still not sure. And in tour mode it cracks alot from carben stringers being cut. still fun to ride.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:44 am 

Doing the mock up the hooks are placed where they're suppose to be placed on the contact points of board-ground. However it is on the thin part of the board (due to the 3d graphs). I guess this could be a problem? Snowhunter, at your opinion and since you've worked with that board should I try and find another board for splitting? Will the Timeless be a hassle and in the end not work properly as a splitboard? I appreciate your help man, since you've done that and been there your advice are most important!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:35 am 

Sorry been at WFR course it still works if this is your first SPLIT but it seperates. Looking back on it i would have SPLIT a diffrent board and saved my timeless :banghead: ! if your set on a ride board the yukon/eldo/brushie are all good boards.or go on craigs list good boards there for cheap or on this sight board swap. hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:29 am 

Thanks lots guys for your help. I will find another board for the chop. Enjoy your winter!