Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: NH/ME region this winter
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:37 pm 

Stoked to see fan fan in TAOF!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:19 am 

Had to register once I came across this thread. I believe this will be my 15th season snowboarding, but my first (of many) splitboarding. Grew up riding hunter mtn, while taking trips up to stowe, sugarbush, or jay. Have been to most of the resorts in the northeast, so it is time to explore. Ill be in colchester this season splitting (no pun intended) my time between jay and bolton. I shred a gnu riders choice and never summer revolver at the resort, but I just received my karakouram split 30s and am waiting on the 164 jones solution that should be in next month. I have backcountry gear, but definitely need to get my experience with it up this season. I try and get out west every year also, hit up bachlor and hood last season and jackson hole for a week in march. Im plannin on doing an extended weekend at squaw this year, but am goin to wait till the season starts before I commit. I figured I would be riding with tele guys this year, so I would definately be down for a meet/tour. BTW, I'm looking forward to poachin MRG, still havent thrown on toothpicks to explore that place and sorry for grammer or spelling had to post this from my phone.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:54 am 

Hey everyone!

I have not logged on in a few weeks, but this is rad to see all these posts up here!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:16 am 

Definitely a cool thread to find. I'm in Somerville, MA. Been on snowshoes and bootpacking for the past few seasons. Finally making the switch to a splitboard. Looking to do the EMS AIARE course up on North Conway in January. I'd definitely be down for an New England splitfest.

Trying to put together a small crew from the Boston area so if you are interested, hit me up.

Now to figure out how to deal with the next few months of suck until the Winter arrives.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:08 pm 

Stoked on this thread!

i'm out of providence. ive splitboarded mt cardigan, mt washington, doublehead, and little jay abd have been snowboarding tucks, great gulf, g-o-s and the backside of Jay for a quite a few seasons now. my gf and i have the okemo, stratton, sunapee season passes for this year so we will be up north a lot. i got in 10-15 split days last year. it was my first year on a split and i'm positive i'll be doing more splitting than lift access within a few years!

i've met a couple splitters on cardigan and mt washington who suggested checking out king ravine on the west side of mt adams and mt liberty in franconia. i definitely want to check the stowe area too.

hey tommyogrady i'd love to meet up with your group if you get one together for splitboarding this year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:15 am 

East coasters,

Where are you getting your boards?

Is everyone just making them? I'm really not that handy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:42 am 

Did one DIY, first one I've ever done. Sent my girls board out to the guys at down the middle in Utah to have it professionally done, can't wait to get that back.

Will try to upload a pic as soon as I figure out how to...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:07 pm 

Pictures a little grainy ( Iphone pic ) but here ya go. I switched out the chinese hooks for Karakoram clips. Overall went pretty well except there's about a 2mm offset in the board halves. Hopefully it shouldn't affect riding too much but I'll figure that out when I get up there...

Also gonna switch out the Voile slider plates for some Sparks bindings, pretty stoked on that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:25 pm 

mjd wrote:
Stoked on this thread!

i'm out of providence. ive splitboarded mt cardigan, mt washington, doublehead, and little jay abd have been snowboarding tucks, great gulf, g-o-s and the backside of Jay for a quite a few seasons now. my gf and i have the okemo, stratton, sunapee season passes for this year so we will be up north a lot. i got in 10-15 split days last year. it was my first year on a split and i'm positive i'll be doing more splitting than lift access within a few years!

i've met a couple splitters on cardigan and mt washington who suggested checking out king ravine on the west side of mt adams and mt liberty in franconia. i definitely want to check the stowe area too.

hey tommyogrady i'd love to meet up with your group if you get one together for splitboarding this year.

+1 on this. I'm out of Rhode Island as well. Up in New Hampshire on a regular basis. Also been looking into doing an AIARE level 1 course in January, would be great to get a few other people and round out a group.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:22 am 

I'm going to take a level 1 course at mt washington around jan-feb, figure thats the best spot for avys on the east. I have read a little about the different guides or groups that do it, but haven't agreed to anything yet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:24 pm 

Just Send it, I was planning same thing, Mt.Washington area, hadn't agreed on which guide service to take the course with. I'd be happy to call and see what the availability of the courses are and if more is needed to round out a group get things organized?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:26 pm 

Sounds good to me. I couldn't find much enthusiasm amongst my friends, so was planning on going solo anyway. Was thinking about going through here: CHAUVINGUIDES.COM, but I'm not too picky as long as it is legit and the people are experienced.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:20 pm 

Any guide service in N. Conway is legit. EMS, IMCS, or Chauvin. I am a bit partial to IME since I used to work there. Let me know if anyone needs a place to stay in the valley. There isn't much but I got a couch and a fridge usually half empty or half full of beer depending on how you look at it.

P.S. Had first annual tracks on the sherbie during last weeks storm...now its nothing but dirt and grass. New England

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next