Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: NH/ME region this winter
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:47 am 

So stoked to see this thread. Started splittin 4 years ago and for years I didn't see any fellow splitboarders which would prompt strange looks from hikers and skiers. As I mentioned before I work up in Tucks so drop by for a beer and pie on your way to the Sherburne ski trail or higher up. My quiver consists of a home split Arbor element and a factory defect Prior Backcountry that I bought from a "dude" in Vancouver when I lived out there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:00 pm 

yo 'livefreeorshred', will definitely be coming out that way this winter. I have hiked tuckermans in spring before. I'm definitely interested in getting out there in real winter and learning about avy safety etc. Maybe Shurburn Ski trail as a starter or Gulf of Slides.

I have a spot or two in Western Maine that I have explored hiking in summer that I am interested in checking in winter on split, nothing near Tuckermans/Mt Wash size.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:28 pm 

You rode on weekends usually? Sunday river usually. As for avy. I need to take another class been in an avalanch in tucks in like 93. Scary. My dad went over lunch rocks and only got a cut on his nose. Got avy gear. Ridden all over in deep snow baker,alpental, Stevens, backcomb, Val d users France, lived in Seattle for a couple years swell as crested butte,co for two years. Lots of backcountry. Ready to explore more in the east. Just to get off the resorts for a day. I want to do some overnights this winter. Anyone down? We need to have an east coast splitty committee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:32 pm 

Yeah Shawnee peak is always cold and icy. Slowest lift ever. Want to hit up saddleback this year I heard it's sick on powder days. Also have a friend with place at the loaf. I guess there is some good backcountry around there to be had. So stoked for winter. It is so fucking hot today. I'm over it

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:36 pm 

Where are you looking in western me?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:40 pm 

Oh yeah! Board bag- forum grudge 158 diy split, forum destroyer 158 , this year, what ever my boy flows me from Burton or forum. Got a friend in good place.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:46 am 

Totally down for an east coast split committee. I know there's some people up by Jay that do a good amount of hiking, and I'm sure I can find a few more from ski industry contacts... Anyone ever been to Magic mtn in Southern VT? I know they're friendly to earn your turns and I think they even run free tours.

I'm totally beginner to avy safety or any of that, but I do have some gear (probe, shovel and beacon) and I'm down for an overnight trip. Only 1 way to learn and get better!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:17 am 

Yeah magic mountain. I went there once back in the 90's with the joyride and ride teams to shred the curved rail in front of the base lodge. Havent been back. We were there during the onsnow traceable at Stratton. You from vt? My wife is from Rutland area. We ride killington slot in the winter. The stash is so dope

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:20 pm 

Nah, Boston area born and raised. Looking to make a move to Jay area soon though. Pretty sick of driving 2 + hours any time I want to ride something that's not Wachusett mtn...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:37 am 

Was looking out around Shawnee Peak/Pleasant mountain the last couple summers. Was actually planning on hitting some spots via snowshoe before deciding to make split board. Also, up further in the Sunday River/Grafton notch area I would like to do some winter exploring.

Saddleback is pretty sick on pow days. Yeah, most of my riding is usually on weekends, a few sick/vacation days from work here and there to get out during week.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:13 am 

My SMX 64 split that is just about finished. Need to sand some of the epoxy around t-bolts on base, wax and fit skins.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:40 pm 

AHHH just moved outta NH. Born and raised on the seacoast, been hiking/riding the whites my whole life. Washington region/franconia notch treated me really well last year.

Ridefreeordie: are you the caretaker i met up in tucks riding the mojo rx? i have the 161, we were talking about the durability issues of them. Ill have to let you know when I head back to NH, we should meet up and ride

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:14 pm 

Hey all. Started my backcountry in the whites with snow shoes my first climb was up Peaked mt. Made three splits now, a Burton canyon 167,a short Dynastar for my girl till she broke a ski skinning, now I put her on a Burton super fly 157.

We have been exploring the hills of the north side of Mansfield, near Smuggs. I've got the bug fierce right now, come on snow!

Ascutney Mt is closed and has an auto road for easy access to the summit.

On the resort I'm using a libtech skunk ape 167

auto road to the dummy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next