Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nitro Suprateam Snowboard, good for split?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:31 am 

Hi,

I'm looking for a good board to split and came across this one on craigslist:

http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/2542167873.html

Does anybody know if this is a good one to split? I really want a stiff NeverSummer to split, but i'm not having any luck finding one. What are other good boards to split?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Nitro Suprateam Snowboard, good for split?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:06 am 

Not sure on this one, it has what Nitro calls a "Slicecore" (wood and carbonfiber) or Hypracore 3 (wood and rohacell [rohacell=foam]). I would recommend a solid wood-core board, like NS. I am not 100% on the core materials of this board, as it seems to have changed of over the years.

Remember that you are nearly always gonna be riding in pow (we hope). So boards with rocker, taper or a good powder shape are always a good idea.

I have cut several Unity boards (also Colorado boards) with good luck. Venture is also a great board too. Neversummer boards are always good to go. Just try to get a solid wood board with a good size and shape for you. Don't worry about weight or fancy technology, (not too much carbon fiber either in my opinion).

Let me know if you need additional help, I will be cutting some boards for next season real soon...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:51 am 

Yeah, I thought that the carbon fiber might be a problem. I'm going to start looking at unity boards. I'm trying to find something not too expensive, but still not too old.

PedroDelfuego, have you cut a reverse camber board before? Doese it affect the reverse camber much when split? Ideally I would like a reverse camber board to split, I love my NS SL.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:56 am 

I have not cut a reverse camber board yet but I have had one (Lib Banana Hammock). The reverse shouldn't change but carbon fiber can unload (change shape when cut) although not always. Foam core is really where I would watch out, there is no way to tell what will happen after it is cut.

I have a Unity Pride 163 that I was going to cut for a bro before he flaked out. I could hook you up if you need. Let me know. I'm in Englewood.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:08 pm 

NS and unity boards are great to chop. Basically as Pedro said "a board with an all wood core" Here is a Neversummer SL with carbon V stringers done up by aksltxlt. It kept its rocker shape, but did lose some stiffness

This unity was an all wood core with regular camber. after the cut the board seemed to have more camber but retaines its stiffness. This deck was broken in an avalanche second time out

Whatever board you chose will be fun, just dial the stance, get all the avy gear, then try to upgrade the bindings, good luck :thumpsup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:30 am 

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'm going to wait it out and find a reverse camber Heritage. I'm not very firmilar with Unity boards, which model would you recommend that has reverse camber?