Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: NH/ME region this winter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:37 am 

I am new to splitboarding, looking to meet others in New Hampshire/Maine area. I have been snowboarding for ever and have hiking/backpacking experience. Looking to learn more about splitboarding and looking for people to meet up with.

Post subject: Re: NH/ME region this winter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:50 am 

You got a splittin friend and a place to stay at hermit lake shelter at Tuckerman ravine. Does of good terrain.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:14 pm 

Yeah. Just split my first board. So stoked to use it. Been riding for 24 years. Live in Portland area. Ride Sunday river during the winter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:18 pm 

Where do you normally ride. Tucks is sick. Hit it April 30th this year. Looking to skin and camp at gulf of slides great golf and katahdin this winter. My cousin is a ranger in Baxter state park. You guys ever done chocorua in Albany nh. Been looking at that as well

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:31 pm 

If you're avy savy there is lots of terrain in midwinter. Just be prepped for it with good gear and good judgement. I caretake up at tucks so if there was interest I was rattlin around the idea of an east coast split fest. Ive already been brewing a stock pile of beer for the upcoming winter so why not share the fruits. West side of Mt Washington including the ammonosuc and burts ravine are good. Any and all splitters are welcome! Save the tribe!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:06 pm 

I grew up in Conway in the 80's and 90's. Got some sick riding on mt Washington. some friends and I were the first to ride the slabs on peaked mountain in n Conway. Have you ridden up there?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:13 am 

Jumpin in here, also new splitboarder looking for tours/ good peoples anywhere in ME/NH/VT this winter. Been riding for about 7-8 years now and currently finishing up my first DIY split. Cut up a 163w Ride Highlife and eager to see how I did. Also planning on splitting one for my lady but haven't decided on a board. Any suggestions or know any New England female splitters with some feedback?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:14 pm 

Where do you live? Where do you normally ride? Weekends?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:18 pm 

I split a 2009 forum grudge 158 wide splitting went well. Just finished epoxying inserts. Getting ready to sand. So stoked for winter. Hopefully it pikes snow this winter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:19 pm 

Pukes snow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:08 pm 

Live just outside of Boston, ride all over the place, mostly hit up Cannon last year since it was so good. I've been a mid-week rider for the last 10 years, also been working in a ski/ snowboard shop in Framingham for the last 10 years. I plan on continuing to ride midweek if possible and if I go on a weekend to tour, because I can't stand crowds. They scare me.

My quiver right now consists of 156 Skate banana (first year production), 2011/12 Travis Rice HP 157, 10/11 Ride Highlife 158, 09/10 Ride Slackcountry 164. Also have a 10/11 Never Summer Heritage 158 which I'm probably going to sell.

I absolutely cannot wait for it to start snowing, had the itch to start riding for well over a month now...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:54 am 

Yeah, I live in Portland. Usually ride Sunday Riv/Sugarloaf. This past winter have been to Saddleback a few times and the occasional night at Shawnee if there is fresh snow. Have been riding like 18 years or something.

As for avy knowledge, I am pretty much a beginner. Have carried peeps, probe and shovel riding out west at Baker, Big Sky and Bridger. Looking to take some type of avy safety class this winter and purchase my own gear.

As for my splitboard...I am finishing up DIY Burton Supermodel Split.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:59 am 

Sorry if I have not been on here to reply.

Looking forward to this winter for certain.

Quiver: Burton Custom V Rocker 163 for all around fun, Fish 160 for pow, Supermodel X 164 for frozen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next