Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thrunters Unite!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:29 am 

If you enjoying thrunting threads and pissing on people's stoke please use this thread to do it rather than in the original threads. It's poor form to derail a thread and take it off topic by getting on your soapbox and going on rants in threads that were posted in the name of stoke. :nononno:

Edit>

Sorry for the above tone splitters, I'm just tired of the way sometimes threads get posted and people don't have respect to keep them on track and positive. I think organic thread drift is great and I even encourage it but that doesn't mean the soapbox needs to come out and it needs to be taken negative. I'd rather see people start a new thread about whatever the current thread gotcha thinking about so we can talk about it without mucking up the original thread. That's all. Happy summer.

Post subject: Re: Thrunters Unite!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:34 am 

This thread is soooo lame.... :scratch:

Splitboard prices are going up and my 401k is going down, Guys are posting Tele threads and bcrider has snowmobiles!

Oh yeah and my highbacks aren't stiff enough... :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:19 am 

Thrunter is a new one on me. Learn something new every day.

It might be poor form but threads with those types of comments also seem to be the ones that get the most mileage?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:57 am 

I prefer to follow the one pic TR links to someones personal blog and thrunt away there.

Today I made a pretty funny comment..

to read it clink the link.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:27 pm 

If your shredding on sun cups and using an ice ace to get there then please post on a climbing site. One can only "claim it" if the line was in perfect powder conditions. Come on guys its summer time!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:08 pm 

Only pussies try to do all the 14'ers. A real man with vision would go after all the 13000-13999ers. Way way harder and more impressive of a feat. No one cares about your round numbers anyway. People that chase numbers are thoroughly gay. The only thing that matters is the line aesthetics/vertical relief etc....
And I kind of agree with aksltxlt. I feel if you rode it in shitty conditions you can't really "claim" it. Who goes to AK to ride Meteorite or Brothel on crust or suncups? No one.

Karakookams = may as well cash out your 401k
Sparks/Voile binders = Fisher price. Better off strapping your feet to the board with duct tape.
Rughtys = perfect blend of price, weight, performance

Short: stocks, Republicrats, Demopublicans, Gov't, police, status quo, MAN MADE global warming, television, organized sports, Barry "Barrack" Soetoro Hussein OsamaBushladen, beer from CO, Rockies, Wasatch, bluegrass
Long: gold, guns, Ron Paul, buying local, growing food, self sustainment, community, charity, alternative news sources, girls, beer from CA, North Cascades, Sierra, metal

I love rock climbing/mountaineering but hate the elitist vibe it generates

I WANT A FUCKING SOFT BOOT WITH STIFF SOLE ALREADY!!!!

and what thread got your panties in a bunch that made you begin this lame thread? It's summer, no one reads this site anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:49 pm 

BG... ya know.. @ 1st when I used to read your posts... I thought.."jeeesh, what an arse".. then after checking your TR's rockin' ISIS, and L.O.G I thought... "hmmm.. okay"... now this..

BGnight wrote:
Only pussies try to do all the 14'ers. A real man with vision would go after all the 13000-13999ers.
Long: gold, guns, Ron Paul, buying local, growing food, self sustainment, community, charity, alternative news sources, girls, beer from CA, North Cascades, Sierra, metal

too bad ya don't got boobies..

Keep up the rant ya CA metal head :rock:

Ah Freeeekin Lagunitas... Under Cover Motha Freekin' Shutdown Ale Bitches!

-Luther Standing Bear,

http://splitrippin.tumblr.com/

Post subject: Re: Early 2012 splitboard release from Unity
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:47 pm 

Utah wins the award Thrunter of the Day for not following the moderator's request to stop drifting an existing positive thread negative. :thumpsup:

Pulled from thread. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11297
Feel free to start a separate thread about this topic Utah.

I've asked the question out of curiousity Killclimbz and it's far from a few hundred, something like 1/2 that, and no the cost will not come down. Voile spends most it's time keeping up with providing kits for companies while they make a decent living off a creative idea that no one else despite much more money could think of. Do you think if Jones and Karakorem hook up the cost will come down? No they'll be super expensive and they'll sell a shitload of boards and make a killing. It's not about providing the consumer with an affordable quality board it's about profit, bottom line. How many people on here made the comment I don't give a shit where's it's made or how much it is. People even justified getting screwed up shitty made boards. They might as well have made there boards in China still wouldn't have brought the cost down and they would have sold just as many, but that might just be where were heading.

All you guys are old school farts. You don't realize how this shit has blown up and it's only going to get bigger. Companies are getting wise, guys like Jones looked at splitboarding and said, shit no one has tapped this. There smart business people, hats off. That's why I'm looking for more than a board I'm looking for a company who represents/encompasses "Splitboarding" and it's been a monumental dissapointment from all the newer companies so far. There's a learning curve to this shit, I'm guessing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:49 pm 

Yea Utah beat that horse, I dont think he's dead yet. I wonder if Dave from Voile respects the way you represent the company? Snowboarding is about fun and Utah you seem unhappy. Get out and ride, dont fret on the new tall tee trend or whoever is making a new splitboard.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:12 pm 

Finally a shit talk extravaganza... I'm only joining in because Deschutes Black IPA told me so....

<insert drunk useless dribble about nothing>

splitberding is fer fagz

-Luther Standing Bear,

http://splitrippin.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:29 am 

Yup, must be summer. Hot where you guys live?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:10 am 

Sorry if I thrunted up the Unity thread (did I?). I thought my comments on price (given the bling I was looking at) was appropriate, not thrunting. I think you know me Chris, I'm not here for the shitshow. Hopefully my record of sharing stoke absolve me.

Now that this thread exists though here ya go:

Pricing: Materials, R&D(this is one that most consumers underestimate the cost of), Manufacturing costs, patent costs (protection and/or rights leasing), are just some of the things that go into pricing.

But in the end. Supply and demand will dictate the cost of retail products. As new manufacturers flood the supply chains (and trust me, we're about to see the used splitboard market reflect the explosion of the new market this recent season) consumers will demand more and less:

More: VALUE! A $1200 board should last more then 100 days before it begins losing it's pop and is relegated to rock board status. All split goods should be designed for abuse because they're used to climb freakin' mountains!

Less: Planned/engineered/manufactured obsolescence. That's all I'm gonna say, because I'm friends with some of the manufacturers I'm talking too. Planned obsolescence is more understandable if you have a lower end/more disposable product line. If you're charging top dollar and selling your shit for climbing moutains..make damn sure it's gonna last! If you know you made a mistake somewhere in the process (materials, their source etc), fix it BEFORE I call you to tell you it broke.

Now that I've written this open letter...it's amusing to realize that the only people who will read it (and subsequently comment on it) aren't the people I've directed it toward. :banghead:

Tks thrunts!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:14 pm 

My apologies. Didn't see the thread. A PM would have been nice.